Big Test For The Oline This Week

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yes the Oline has looked good two weeks in a row. But we played against two teams with mediocre to weak pass rushes. Don't sleep on Philadelphia, they have a top 5 defensive front IMO. Very underrated defense. Jim Schwartz is a great DC too. Oline will have their hands full. If they can hold up against Philly, then I'm sold.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Cox, Graham, Smith, Curry, Logan were all drafted over the past 5 season and all of them were picked within the first 3 rounds. They have a ton of that talent playing in the right system and they added Barwin too. We will see what this line can do this week.

Jville

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ac0olqv said:
I've heard this same thing, that the Eagles defense is tough as nails. They were the ones that traded up in the 1st round with us to get Fletcher Cox, while we selected Bruce Irvin. Cox is one of the best in the NFL.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016 ... tac.html#0

Wasn't Cox the one who flipped Russell Okung over himself using Okungs arm?

And, hasn't Okung had a reoccuring shoulder problem ever since that event?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
ivotuk":3sbnipll said:
I've heard this same thing, that the Eagles defense is tough as nails. They were the ones that traded up in the 1st round with us to get Fletcher Cox, while we selected Bruce Irvin. Cox is one of the best in the NFL.

Yes they have a great pass rush, full of high draft picks. I think they can be vulnerable at times in the secondary, but the pass rush does a great job of making the opposing QB get the ball out quick. IMO the only better pass rushes in the NFL are us, Denver and you can maybe make a case for KC or LA.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ho ... ive-start/

Jville

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2htedv8l said:
Jville":2htedv8l said:
ivotuk":2htedv8l said:

Wasn't Cox the one who flipped Russell Okung over himself using Okungs arm?

And, hasn't Okung had a reoccuring shoulder problem ever since that event?

Trent Cole.

That's right! Thanks for clearing out the cob webs :2thumbs: .

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":17fk7xe1 said:
Yes the Oline has looked good two weeks in a row. But we played against two teams with mediocre to weak pass rushes. Don't sleep on Philadelphia, they have a top 5 defensive front IMO. Very underrated defense. Jim Schwartz is a great DC too. Oline will have their hands full. If they can hold up against Philly, then I'm sold.

They also have actual defensive backs behind them (assuming Nolan Carroll plays, he's in concussion protocol right now), unlike some other pass rushes we've faced, like the Jets and the Bills. This is a complete defense, of the caliber of Arizona, Los Angeles, or Miami.

It's worth noting we scored 21 total points between those three games.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3nkt4x27 said:
Hawk-Lock":3nkt4x27 said:

They also have actual defensive backs behind them (assuming Nolan Carroll plays, he's in concussion protocol right now), unlike some other pass rushes we've faced, like the Jets and the Bills. This is a complete defense, of the caliber of Arizona, Los Angeles, or Miami.

It's worth noting we scored 21 total points between those three games.

And I was feeling so good this week.

Maybe 16 points will win this game.