Going Back to Seahawks Smashmouth Football

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think with the release of Michaels and the promotion of Pope, it's all about going back to being a physical smashmouth team in the running game.

You got Trukafoo and 3 RBs, Rawls, Prosise, and Pope who can help wear down a defense, if all three gets significant snaps in the run game, defense will be worn down by the 3rd quarter. As much as I like Michaels, it seemed like he was making more of a business decision to stay healthy to get that huge contract for next year instead of balling out and having no fear out there.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
maybe..just hope Rawls can stay healthy...if not not sure who would be punching it in on the goal line.

cymatica

Reaction score
Nice seeing some guards pull and hb sweep. Might be wrong, but i swear i saw much more of that when cable first got here. Seems like all they ran was zone read/zone runs for the last year or so.

Seafan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2phe1r8w said:
maybe..just hope Rawls can stay healthy...if not not sure who would be punching it in on the goal line.

Same people who have done it the last several years. Even with Lynch this team was never a line it up and drive it in type of a goal line, 3rd & 1, 4th & 1 type of offense. Perhaps Prosise can be a hand it to him, leap over the line type of athletic short yardage runner the team has needed.