Well, apparently "Inside the NFL" hates us too...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
At the end of the Seahawks/Patriots NFL Films highlights, they totally left the impression that we got away with another blatant non-call on that last Gronk/Kam play...

Right after they showed the play in slo-mo, they show some Patriots players on the sideline going "are you kidding me?". Then they play audio of the Patriots radio guys going "That's a horrible call by the back judge and the side judge, both lookin' at it"...

Then they go immediately into the next game's highlights after the obligatory Seahawks winning locker room shot...

Really? REALLY??? After pretty much every sports writer in the country saying it was a good non-call? League is against us man. I mean really. That's BS. :34853_doh: It, AT BEST, should have been off-setting penalties. But they called it right, and everything I've read agrees. Man oh man.... smdh...

We ARE the villain team I guess. Which is one part cool, and one part lame, according to your point of view.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As long as the team wins big games like the Patriots game, the mediots all can all hate the Seahawks. I could give a flying frig.

I'm getting to the stage of not listening to the talking heads and simply not letting them remotely affect my sense of how the game I went to or watched went. Frequently many of them have an an agenda and are not unbiased.

It's hard enough watching the NFL wi the interminable commercials, without having to listen to some biased dork tell me what I should think about the results of what I saw. I do like honest analysis however.

The refereeing in the last game was, at last, mostly right and there were only a few calls that I disagreed with, but that last call was absolutely right. As well, I frankly think the league needs to reduce the rule book and it's complexity while trying to create some consistency from crew to crew because it seems like a crapshoot week to week. It makes it hard for players to understand what is legal or not.

In the end I'm a hardcore homer so I'm seriously biased.

Seahawks8880

Reaction score
It comes with the territory. The more success the more hate comes along. 95% of the people who watched the game admited it was a good no call and only the Patriots fans thought otherwise. What's really idiotic is people like Stephen A Smith and Donovan Mcnabb said that Brady played a better game than Wilson with no numbers to back it up. Talking about stupid!!

Optimus25

Reaction score
Even pereira has said terrific no call.

Anything involving Simms I've found is complete garbage.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Optimus25":2zkpr4cj said:
Even pereira has said terrific no call.

Anything involving Simms I've found is complete garbage.
His son is the same way (Simms).

McGruff

Reaction score
Love a good conspiracy theory . . . But this one is a stretch and reeks of martyr syndrome.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
So if someone doesn't agree with us or has an opinion that goes against us, that means they hate us?

It's their opinion, they're more than entitled to it. I disagree with it, but they don't "hate us."

I don't get why everyone on here thinks the media hates us. All I hear is love and people saying the Seahawks are the favorites to come out of the NFC.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1uyus0ru said:
So if someone doesn't agree with us or has an opinion that goes against us, that means they hate us?

It's their opinion, they're more than entitled to it. I disagree with it, but they don't "hate us."

I don't get why everyone on here thinks the media hates us. All I hear is love and people saying the Seahawks are the favorites to come out of the NFC.

I think the op's point is the NFL is perpetuating the the whole idea of "Seattle got away with one again".

I am really starting to think this is on purpose, especially after the edited footage of the julio play. Look at the penalty disparity in the last 3 years, pete has mentioned it several times, and Sherman called out the nfl. Seems like a counter to that in a subtle way.

Hard to imagine a concerted effort like that against a team, but it sure is strange how they have such a low opponent penalty rate then get blasted by the media on every missed call

pmedic920

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2ssx3apo said:
At the end of the Seahawks/Patriots NFL Films highlights, they totally left the impression that we got away with another blatant non-call on that last Gronk/Kam play...

Right after they showed the play in slo-mo, they show some Patriots players on the sideline going "are you kidding me?". Then they play audio of the Patriots radio guys going "That's a horrible call by the back judge and the side judge, both lookin' at it"...

Then they go immediately into the next game's highlights after the obligatory Seahawks winning locker room shot...

Really? REALLY??? After pretty much every sports writer in the country saying it was a good non-call? League is against us man. I mean really. That's BS. :34853_doh: It, AT BEST, should have been off-setting penalties. But they called it right, and everything I've read agrees. Man oh man.... smdh...

We ARE the villain team I guess. Which is one part cool, and one part lame, according to your point of view.

That must have been the clip I saw/ heard that made me start the "who called the game" thread.
Glad someone else heard it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3vp66uva said:
As long as the team wins big games like the Patriots game, the mediots all can all hate the Seahawks. I could give a flying frig.

I'm getting to the stage of not listening to the talking heads and simply not letting them remotely affect my sense of how the game I went to or watched went. Frequently many of them have an an agenda and are not unbiased.

It's hard enough watching the NFL wi the interminable commercials, without having to listen to some biased dork tell me what I should think about the results of what I saw. I do like honest analysis however.

The refereeing in the last game was, at last, mostly right and there were only a few calls that I disagreed with, but that last call was absolutely right. As well, I frankly think the league needs to reduce the rule book and it's complexity while trying to create some consistency from crew to crew because it seems like a crapshoot week to week. It makes it hard for players to understand what is legal or not.

In the end I'm a hardcore homer so I'm seriously biased.

Missing the point of the OP though. Every 'mediot' as you say, in the nation sans Skip Bayless said it was a good non call or if anything OPI.

For some reason the 'NFL' chose to frame it differently from the world.

So funny that you have the patriots announcers saying 'obvious PI with officials looking right at it.'

On the Seahawk side Raible says Gronk pushed off immediately during the play. Raibs got it right.

Raible's Call
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/11/13/raible-call-game-final-defensive-play

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I simply don't care about what anyone thinks about us. I just want the win.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's not about who doesn't "like" us or a "conspiracy." It's recognizing that the NFL packages its entertainment in a certain way. The pattern is they want the Seahawks to be the Iron Sheik of the league.

They count on better ratings come playoffs and Super Bowl if the casual fan has someone to root AGAINST. It's pure numbers. For the big game, way more NFL fans will have no vested interest. It's likely that the chance to see a "villain" fail will lure a good chunk of those casual fans.

The OP points out specific choices made regarding which audio and video clips are shown. That's not whining and it's not martyrdom. That's paying attention to a narrative being constructed with intent.

Does it have to matter to us fans? Not one bit. Is there any reason to dismiss the observation? Not at all.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Remember when the Madden era Raiders became the evil bad boys of the time. I gotta give credit to their fans for accepting and perpetuating it. I think when you name your defense the "Legion" of Boom, aren't you kind of asking for the bad boys tag? Why not embrace it, it's good to be hated, lol. :rumble: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":2j0e8f7n said:
Remember when the Madden era Raiders became the evil bad boys of the time. I gotta give credit to their fans for accepting and perpetuating it. I think when you name your defense the "Legion" of Boom, aren't you kind of asking for the bad boys tag? Why not embrace it, it's good to be hated, lol. :rumble: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

All good points.

The concern is: do these types of things, even subconsciously, impact officials? Is this repeated narrative from the media part of the reason why we lead the league in penalty disparity year after year?

I don't care about being hated. I just don't want a false narrative to cost us in key games.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mddh05b1 said:
oregonhawkfan":mddh05b1 said:

All good points.

The concern is: do these types of things, even subconsciously, impact officials? Is this repeated narrative from the media part of the reason why we lead the league in penalty disparity year after year?

I don't care about being hated. I just don't want a false narrative to cost us in key games.

Well I honestly don't think Inside the NFL impacts officials in any way. What I do think impacts officials is the reputation that certain squads of players have. Legion of Boom has the reputation for hitting hard but CLEANLY. How many borderline or incorrect personal fouls are called ? Honestly, not many. Then you have the whole "grabbing" moniker. Sometimes you get a few ticky tacks called on us, but not more than anyone else because they also have the reputation as a historically good secondary that's well coached by Caroll.

Want a couple others ? The Dallas Cowboys OL. Yup, they're good....but since they're good look at how many holding calls they get away with (blatant ones). They have a rep for being very good, so officials just don't look for stuff on them. The converse is our OL, which has the rep of being bad annually. Look at all the ticky tack and borderline calls we get on us.

It just gets hard with the inconsistency from game to game.Cam Newton complained about a non call where Calais Campbell went for his knee (which I agree with him), while Chancellor gets blocked into Brady with less contact and Brady gets the call. It's call the Brady rule for a reason.

Then throw fan perception in there. There's not one fan base in the league that doesn't think the officials are out to get their team. The national perspective from fans is that the Seahawks get all these beneficial calls that their team doesn't get, and we think we're getting screwed all the time.

djb28

Reaction score
All I see when I watch that replay is a Back pedal by Kam staying low facing the play, Gronk Initiating hands stretched out to Kams chest in a bull rush, Then Kam reacts defending in the same manner. It is a non call. Screw everyone.

Laloosh

Reaction score
There's a reason that we're not inundated w/ Pats fans complaining about the refs... there was no foul by Kam on the play and it's nothing short of obvious that Gronk initiated contact.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scott Zolack? Lol, he's the biggest color commentator homer that ever homered in Homerland.

McGruff

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to this video? can't seem to find it through online searches.