One more test left for this team.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Our final and last test to see if this team is a Superbowl contender is to beat those goddamn rams. I'm getting sick of always losing to them. we really need this one.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":azfijr4i said:
Our final and last test to see if this team is a Superbowl contender is to beat those goddamn rams. I'm getting sick of always losing to them. we really need this one.

It seems we are the only ones not doing so. Beating is not enough, trouncing, Routing, mopping the floor is more like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
at Packers and home to Panthers and Cards are probably up there as well..

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I don't think beating the Rams is the defining qualification that makes us a Super Bowl contender.

In our last Super Bowl season, we lost to the Rams.

Also, that is not our only "test" remaining. Eagles are very good especially their D front, which usually gives us issues. The long trip to Tampa won't be easy, then we have Carolina and Green Bay.

And we still have Arizona again.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
By my calculations, we have 10 more tests. Nothing taken for granted; earn every win.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We're in an extremely comfortable position. 2 games ahead in the division and 1.5 losses less than the #3 seed in the NFC. If we continue like this we'll win the division and get a first round bye, great stuff.

This must've also been more or less what Minnesota was thinking when sitting at 5-0. Now they're 5-4, overtaken in the division and not even in the possession of a wildcard.

Things can turn around real quick, we still have plenty more games to win.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
There are no more tests. Now that Troymaine Pope is on the active roster I expect the rest of the league to just hand the Lombardi to the 'Hawks purely out of fear.

Seriously though, with the way this team plays I don't see how anyone can confidently say that every game is not a test.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This team plays up and down to its opponents. They make every game close, even tho they have the potential to blow a lot of these teams out.

Every game is a test. Playing them close is just the way they like to do it tho. Beating the Rams would be nice, on Primetime no less

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1eb3kcz9 said:
at Packers and home to Panthers and Cards are probably up there as well..
This. This. This.
With the parity in the NFL this season, every game coming up is very serious and IMO there is no 'easy' game or 'for sure' win left on our schedule. Yes, even the Whiners, they are a desperate team.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Maybe, they will be tired of beating us when we play next.

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":2tklz2l0 said:
Siouxhawk":2tklz2l0 said:
By my calculations, we have 10 more tests. Nothing taken for granted; earn every win.

Exactly.
Yeah, I've never been much of a fan of saying things like "This game defines our season." Perhaps in retrospect, one can look back over a season and pick a certain play in a certain game that seems to pivot the season in one direction or the other, but it's always kind of a silly thing to try and predict before the fact IMHO.

Certainly, division games are more important. After all, they not only have the possibility of adding a win, but also to tack a loss on the competition. Unfortunately, it works both ways. But with 7 reg season and hopefully 2-3 playoff games on the way to the SB yet to go, I find it hard to think that any game besides the one this weekend is more important than any others.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":27qsqtxv said:

This. I can't get behind this OP considering the Rams aren't even one of the best teams left on the schedule that we'll play.

This team takes every game one at a time, so you know they aren't looking at the Rams. The Eagles, Panthers, Packers and Cards should all be tougher competition anyway.

We win against the Rams or lose against the Rams and the national narrative on the Seahawks probably doesn't change much. Confusing post.

HawkerD

Reaction score
In the NFL, unless you are playing the Browns or 49ers, you best have your game face on or be prepared to get smacked. Every game ahead is a test. Sure we could fail in one or two of them but you have to turn it around ASAP or you are the Packers or Panthers, on the outside looking in.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":199dlzq7 said:
Siouxhawk":199dlzq7 said:

This. I can't get behind this OP considering the Rams aren't even one of the best teams left on the schedule that we'll play.

This team takes every game one at a time, so you know they aren't looking at the Rams. The Eagles, Panthers, Packers and Cards should all be tougher competition anyway.

We win against the Rams or lose against the Rams and the national narrative on the Seahawks probably doesn't change much. Confusing post.
Yes. And why get ahead of ourselves? Winning any NFL game is a hard thing to do. Each should be anticipated as we are with the Eagles this week and then hopefully savored with memorable satisfaction like we just experienced in our win over the Pats. It's a journey. And I'm thinking a long one this year. And I don't know about you, but I don't want to miss a thing about it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete: "Listen up guys, I know we have the Eagles in two days..............but forget about that game, cause there's one and only ONE more test left for this team. NO IT'S NOT THE PANTHERS WHO KICKED OUR ASS LAST YEAR IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME..............NO IT'S NOT THE CARDINALS WHO JUST MADE OUR OFFENSE LINE LOOK LIKE A JUNIOR HIGH FOR THE BLIND..............NOPE IT'S NOT ON THE ROAD AT THE PACKERS WITH A TEAM FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES...............WAIT FOR IT!.....................I SAID WAIT!............................IT'S THE RAMS! WHO'S WITH ME!???"

hey.........where are you guys all going?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2grn9lr1 said:
Pete: "Listen up guys, I know we have the Eagles in two days..............but forget about that game, cause there's one and only ONE more test left for this team. NO IT'S NOT THE PANTHERS WHO KICKED OUR ASS LAST YEAR IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME..............NO IT'S NOT THE CARDINALS WHO JUST MADE OUR OFFENSE LINE LOOK LIKE A JUNIOR HIGH FOR THE BLIND..............NOPE IT'S NOT ON THE ROAD AT THE PACKERS WITH A TEAM FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES...............WAIT FOR IT!.....................I SAID WAIT!............................IT'S THE RAMS! WHO'S WITH ME!???"

hey.........where are you guys all going?

file.php

Largent80

Reaction score
We flogged the Rams for over a decade and now we have a test to beat them?

The Rams are just a speedbump.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":38jdabgb said:
We flogged the Rams for over a decade and now we have a test to beat them?

The Rams are just a speedbump.

When was that, the 2000's? Cause they've been beating us up for a while now..........four out of the past five to be exact.