That was the #1 DVOA Defense we just killed...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Run game being back + Wilson being healthy = return of the deep shots.

OP
OP
TDOTSEAHAWK

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
IT's so mysterious - our QB and RB are healthy and the line is playing well and suddenly Bevell knows how to be a good offensive coordinator.

We've 800 yards of offense in their last 6 1/2 quarters and counting...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1hfot9zi said:
IT's so mysterious - our QB and RB are healthy and the line is playing well and suddenly Bevell knows how to be a good offensive coordinator.

The line is playing pretty average. Glowinski in particular has had a crummy day.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":a5fl4hgq said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":a5fl4hgq said:

The line is playing pretty average. Glowinski in particular has had a crummy day.

To be fair, Philly's D was #2 in pressure %, so I'd say all in all todays performance was pretty good for the cheapest OL in the league.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Fire Bevell. With some of the Bevell Haters on the forum here as OC we could have scored 70.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Love the win today, but this hardly exonerates Bevell of all charges. He made some boneheaded calls today that would be surprising if they weren't so routine by now. You've got to wonder if a better OC would have made TDs out of those FGs.

hawk45

Reaction score
My understanding is that they play very differently on the road but it was a fine offensive performance.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":19aiwmu1 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":19aiwmu1 said:

Always has to be someone to p*ss in the punch bowl... :/

But yes, Glow had a rough day.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
WindCityHawk":1fmeu223 said:
Love the win today, but this hardly exonerates Bevell of all charges. He made some boneheaded calls today that would be surprising if they weren't so routine by now. You've got to wonder if a better OC would have made TDs out of those FGs.

Yep. We left a ton of points on the field yet again. And the game almost came down to the wire rather than stuffing it down their throat and winning easily when we had the ball at the 50 yard line with just over three minutes left.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2154lv4l said:

Not really wondering about that. SO we should score on EVERY red zone possession. No team does or ever has done that (for a whole season). Besides what charges are on Bevell. For winning. Guilty as charged.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2q9nlyh0 said:
Where are all the Bevell haters now?

I'm here.....I am still unimpressed with his play calling. I'll own it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DB's play calling for 3 quarters was an A.
His 4th quarter play calling was F-.

He needs to learn how to put teams away. Something he fails at on a regular basis.
He is lucky he has a great defense to bail him out most of the time.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sports Hernia":3ac79ofo said:

He needs to learn how to put teams away. Something he fails at on a regular basis.

In a nutshell, this is it. People can point to the three quarters of play as to how he's such a good offensive coordinator, but a collapse in the fourth quarter would have been completely due to bad play calling by him, and completely unacceptable.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This offense could put up 70 and people would complain about Bevell.

He's not a perfect offensive play caller, but he did a solid job today

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1n5sdgtk said:

Not buying....It was Bevell who formulated plays, and a Russell Wilson great execution AFTER CJ Prosise's injury & exit to a 20 unanswered point run, it was our vaunted Defense that let Rookie Carson Wentz erode our substantial lead.
Rookie Fant gets hurt and goes out, we're down to a 95% Thomas Rawls as our Run Threat, and going up against the League's BEST front Seven?....What are some of Y'all REALISTICALLY expecting Bevell to dream up when he's faced with injuris to his 2nd & 3rd prongs of his Offense??

ivotuk

Reaction score
They played like it. Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham blew in to the backfield a couple of times. That's an elite defense, hope they play like it vs Dallas, Washington and New York.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ld7p2gjv said:
Where are all the Bevell haters now?

I havent gone anywhere....If Wilson wasnt as elusive as he is Bevell would of been canned allready. I feel like he literally has a job because of how good Wilson is at escaping and making plays

You saw it when Wilson was injured. He could still be an effective pocketpasser but Bevells plays sucked a big one

Combine that with Lynch when he was here breaking tackles left and right and I think even I could call a decent game if you gave me the playcard