Who'd you rather have: Collins or Michael?

Collins or Michael

• Collins

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Michael

Votes: 78 56.5%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I think it's obvious but the question begs why we cut Michael to keep Collins.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Michael is 3 yrs in and can't remember where to line up.

Collins is being DEVELOPED. Give the kid a chance. if he can't comPETE next season after a year in the system, then they will have decisions to make.

or maybe we should just draft a 5th round pro bowler in this upcoming draft :sarcasm_on:

Rat

Reaction score
Knowing that Prosise is hurt, definitely Michael, but when Prosise was healthy, it made sense to hold onto the unknown quantity (Collins).

I was far from Michael's biggest fan, but I thought it was admirable how he was able to come back and at least play respectably after two terrible years to begin his career. I wouldn't say I was necessarily against cutting him, but I did think it should have at least waited until we saw Rawls being productive post-injury. Roster spots are limited though, and sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's a tough one.

One guy can't get to the line without getting hit.

The other guy can't get through the line without tripping and falling down.

Both have questionable field vision.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Michael was a mess. Took him 3 years to even get to be third man up. Couldn't learn the playbook, can't count how many self tackles he had., very undecisive. Was more into watching himself on the jumbotron. There is a reason he goes from team to team. He can run but he can't play. We know his potential, and if Pete and John see something in Collins I tend to believe them.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Michael has so much athletic ability that gets washed away when he can't remember where to run or who to block. Watching him run directly into a lineman or run the wrong way for the handoff when the replay shows a big hole where he should have gone is so frustrating. He also still runs top heavy causing him to fall without contact. He's definitely better than Collins at this point, even when messing up he still had modest numbers, but they didn't anticipate losing Prosise immediately.

It's too bad really, I remember coming out of college he had the same conditioning coach as Adrian Peterson who said he possessed similar athletic ability.

ACFan

Reaction score
give me the guy that hasn't had a chance yet.

not the guy who has burned through three of them already.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Zac Brooks
Chris Polk
The other UW RB who was drafted by 10AC Bishop Skanky
Knile Davis
Couple other players out there I believe that maybe worth a looksie.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd rather have neither..........both players make me nervous as hell running the ball.

I guess you could make a case that Collins really hasn't had a chance to carry the rock enough series to show us anything? But he hasn't exactly made the most of his limited snaps either.

So far all we've seen a lot of running into the line and fumbling. If I know Pete, he sees the same thing and is as we speak on the phone with at least 2-3 free agent RB's for tryouts this week.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Give Collins a chance.

I recall .Net when crazy when the team released Spiller. PC said CJP looked great in practice, but no one wanted to here that or believe that.

Collins is still on the active roster for a reason. We're not at practice or the meeting rooms, so we don't see what the coaches see.

Obviously, the OLine is not as bad as everyone said. Procise and Rawls looked great, they fit the system and Micheal clearly did not.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Michael after 4 years in the NFL, was pretty much the same player he was in college. Immature, undisciplined, mental midget that couldnt stay on schedule and own his plethora of opportunities that he got to prove himself. He landed in the doghouse at A&M and he did here as well on multiple occasions frustrating Cable time and time again. Michael bottom-line just did not inspire much faith not only amongst his coaches, but the players as well. Once your teammates stand against you and you don't take to the coaching, and continue to make the same mistakes... this team has shown that it will move on no matter how talented you are or how much money you make despite the depth situation.

Thats the feeling I got from the team reading between the lines.

On Collins, he has shown very little at this point both good and bad. However, the team continues to hold onto his talent. I don't know how well he's doing in practice or if the team feels he close to understanding the processes he needs. But if Collins was to translate what he did in college onto an NFL field, he would be solid enough. Time will tell, and he looks like he will get an opportunity to be evaluated. Who knows maybe he's a gamer that turns it on with consistent carries.

To answer the question is hard, in one hand Michael is seemingly more talented, more experienced but he seemingly can't be trusted to do his job. He wasn't good but he wasn't bad just frustrating.

In the other hand, Collins hasn't shown much from the outside looking in, but if he can run the right plays, hit the right holes in the design, and do his job right mentally is that better for the team. I think we all want to see Collins flourish and showcase some of that vision and physicality he showed in college. Time will tell.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Michael has been in Seattle since 2013. We've had enough glimpses from him to see what he brings. Not enough. Collins has been here since April (since the draft) so he's had limited time and carries to show what he is capable of. The potential is more with Collins as we haven't seen much yet but really he hasn't had an consistent opportunites to show anything either. There's a reason Collins is still here and Michael is in GB. As that is the case, this poll is moot. Since Michael is unavailable at this point.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
For the future: Collins

From the 1 yard line right now, today, this minute: Cmike

Collins hopefully develops, and I can see why they are keeping him. Cmike on the other hand is a known quantity at this point. One thing we know is that he does want it bad, and fights for it. He tends to get a little ahead of himself and falls forward when if he kept his balance better could maybe break off some bigger runs, but if you need 5 yards today and your choice is between AC or Cmike, I think the facts and stats show your choice has to be cmike as long as there is enough time on the playclock to remind him what the play is.

We need help right now.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
seabowl":iw6o1ftf said:
I think it's obvious but the question begs why we cut Michael to keep Collins.

Collins is around for a few years on a cheap rookie deal and you sunk a recent draft pick in him.

Michael was on a one year deal and probably not going to be resigned anyways and has already been cut once by this team.

Collins just turned 22 years old and has had one training camp with the team sharing time with pope, prosise, brooks, and michael.

I haven't been impressed with Collins but we've barely scratched the surface with him. The surface has been scratched on Michael. He is what he is.