Whole Body Cryotherapy ?

Jville

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this therapy?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cryolexllc/status/799406082435137536[/tweet]

15056558_1139803529406861_6530455150312554496_n.jpg

DurtyHawk

Reaction score
I did this a few weeks ago...I had some pretty nasty DOMs when I went in and to be honest...felt no real benefit. I can't see it being bad..but I don't think its all that's its talked up to be.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
"Hop into the Cryolex, chug a bottle of recovery water, and get your ass back into the game!"

Bobblehead

Reaction score
DMSO.. fastest way to recovery.. it just simply works.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Ive done it, beginners start of at -230 F for 3 mins, you can go up to -270 I believe. Great for inflammation! Im a believer.

knownone

Reaction score
So that's how Tom Brady was deflating those balls...

DurtyHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":23iu3xki said:
Do they use dry ice?

Believe its liquid nitrogen....

It is preeeetty cold, but not nearly as bad as an ice bath. I went in thinking the worst and was pleasantly surprised.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Bobblehead":eilq5a7h said:

There is something to be said for DSMO, however last time I checked it was banned by the FDA. It is used primarily as a liniment on livestock, horses, cattle, etc. I've used it personally growing up in the country, and working about livestock, if it was good enough for the cow it was good enough for me.

Same thing with Bag Balm, miracle stuff on cuts, and wounds. I used it on 3rd degree burns years ago because I couldn't afford Silvadene at $70.00 a jar, and 2 jars a day. After a few weeks, my doctor started suggesting the same thing to his other patients, because of the way it was working for me.

I was initially thought to be in need of several skin graphs, because of the severity of the burns, however at the end of the day I didn't need any skin graphs done, and the scaring that was left was minimal, my legs and feet were the target of the burns, 30 percent of my body with 3rd degree, and what you see now is some mild discoloration. In fact in the summer, if I wear shorts, within a couple of weeks people don't notice at all.

I did read about a treatment for high ankle sprains that caught my attention, where they were injecting platelet rich plasma at the site and the results claimed were that healing time was cut in half in most recorded cases. Some of which were NFL Running Backs, who underwent this therapy because it would get them back on the field faster.
I can't help but think that it would work on a whole host of other orthopedic related injuries, I

Google PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment, for more information. I wonder if this is something that Russell's rehab team looked at with his high ankle sprain earlier this year.

titan3131

Reaction score
Cold therapy is a complete waste of time.

Heat therapy is much more effective for healing.

Basic science is that cold will slow things down ie recovery.

Heat loosens things up, reduces recovery time, and combined with Compression will make a huge difference.

Dont waste ur time or money on Cryo therapy bs.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
titan3131":37ru8zpg said:

Heat loosens things up, reduces recovery time, and combined with Compression will make a huge difference.

Tell us how you really feel, titan? ;)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
pacific101":2s2ewevs said:
Bobblehead":2s2ewevs said:

There is something to be said for DSMO, however last time I checked it was banned by the FDA. It is used primarily as a liniment on livestock, horses, cattle, etc. I've used it personally growing up in the country, and working about livestock, if it was good enough for the cow it was good enough for me.

Same thing with Bag Balm, miracle stuff on cuts, and wounds. I used it on 3rd degree burns years ago because I couldn't afford Silvadene at $70.00 a jar, and 2 jars a day. After a few weeks, my doctor started suggesting the same thing to his other patients, because of the way it was working for me.

I was initially thought to be in need of several skin graphs, because of the severity of the burns, however at the end of the day I didn't need any skin graphs done, and the scaring that was left was minimal, my legs and feet were the target of the burns, 30 percent of my body with 3rd degree, and what you see now is some mild discoloration. In fact in the summer, if I wear shorts, within a couple of weeks people don't notice at all.

I did read about a treatment for high ankle sprains that caught my attention, where they were injecting platelet rich plasma at the site and the results claimed were that healing time was cut in half in most recorded cases. Some of which were NFL Running Backs, who underwent this therapy because it would get them back on the field faster.
I can't help but think that it would work on a whole host of other orthopedic related injuries, I

Google PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment, for more information. I wonder if this is something that Russell's rehab team looked at with his high ankle sprain earlier this year.

It's banned due to Big Pharm. There is no money to be made from it since it's basically a by product. Big Pharm will spend millions keeping it out of heath care. I use it all the time when ever I get aches or pains.. People have used it following a stroke.. it breaks up the blood clots and basically restores you. It's an amazing ointment, but sadly the fear of the FDA/BigPharm has put the scare into people.

Seahawk

Reaction score
titan3131":39mfxry8 said:

Heat and Cold were both used for healing when I was in sports medicine.
In fact, it was best to alternate between them every 10-15 minutes. They called it Contrast-Baths. One bucket of ice and water and another bucket hot hot water. Drop the ankle in the cold and switch to the hot, then back. A really fast way to get the swelling down.

Cad

Reaction score
Just make sure you're not left unattended. Woman who worked a cryotherapy clinic died last year. They believe she used it at the end of the day, but no one else was watching. Those things used liquid nitrogen to drop the temperature, so it can displace oxygen. The coroner determined she died of lack of oxygen. She probably fell asleep or something and fell lower into the tank and started breathing nothing but nitrogen. She was dead before she froze solid.