Prosise Out Up to 8 Weeks

raisethe3

Reaction score
Probably means he could be back in time for divisional playoffs, assuming Seattle gets that far.

Rob12

Reaction score
Divisional/NFCCG at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
4 injuries in 8 months with the team. Not a very promising start :(

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Divisional round is in 8 weeks.

Here's to hoping for that first round bye :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I finally read the tweet the article is based on enough times to figure out that "bye" is probably supposed to mean "back" so I think it is saying he is possibly back in 6 weeks. That would be, at best, the last game of the season, correct? I'm guessing that won't happen. Even if he could be I'm guessing they hold him out that game, he hopefully gets the bye, then comes roaring back in the divisional round.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Not that I am an expert, but I have a family member that broke their scapula. It was a six week injury.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
290? This ain't college. I think you mean 330.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":aw0d9hih said:
TransGenderHawkFan":aw0d9hih said:
Not that I am an expert, but I have a family member that broke their scapula. It was a six week injury.

And they didn't have to prepare to be hit by 290 pound dudes...

It is a bone; not a ligament or tendon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say he's likely done for the regular season. By the time he could feasibly be back, it'll be unlikely we'll be in desperate need for him (assuming we don't suddenly go into a spiral between now and then). Hopefully he'll heal up and be as close to 100% for the playoffs as he can get.

kidhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":109n3htw said:
Hate to suggest it but IR looks very likely.

It's always a possiblity for something like this, but we already used our one IR return on Morgan, so If they do put him on IR he'd be done for the season. Of course, with the amount of injuries we had last week, they will likely have to make some tough roster decisions in the upcoming few days.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
If he continues to follow the Harvin injury model, it means he will return the second half kick off in the Super Bowl for a TD to break the Stealers back.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ff6ts3c said:
LeftHandSmoke":1ff6ts3c said:
Hate to suggest it but IR looks very likely.

It's always a possiblity for something like this, but we already used our one IR return on Morgan, so If they do put him on IR he'd be done for the season. Of course, with the amount of injuries we had last week, they will likely have to make some tough roster decisions in the upcoming few days.
"It's always a possiblity for something like this" but especially so when it is a long-recovery injury that happens so (relatively) late into the season.

Agree, it's going to be hard to keep a spot for him on the 53 given even the current needs at RB, let alone the needs that will come up over the remaining weeks, through further inevitable injuries at other positions.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
From what I've read, 8 weeks is the typical MAX amount of time it takes to recover from this. If it's not severe, its in the 5-6 week range.. meaning he could possibly come back Week 16 or 17. What I would surmise happens though is he's just shelved until the playoffs, as we have a commanding division lead and more importantly the inside track to a first round bye.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1o2bmaid said:
FlyingGreg":1o2bmaid said:
TransGenderHawkFan":1o2bmaid said:

And they didn't have to prepare to be hit by 290 pound dudes...

It is a bone; not a ligament or tendon.

Missing your point. He has to heal and prepare for hits as well. So its not just the normal recovery.

Tough spot for a RB to get hurt.