Most important piece to the puzzle?

What current Seahawk is the most important piece of the puzzle besides Dangeruss?

• Angry Doug

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Bobby Wagner

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Bam Bam Kam

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Rawls

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Sherm

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawksnfcsbest

Reaction score
I'd like to gauge which player we as Seahawk fans appreciate the most.

Personally I feel that without Earl Thomas our defense will not be the same. Still gonna be a good D but not great. I could be totally wrong, but after these next 2 games we shall find out.

What say you! :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
I think teams if they are smart will challenge us deep and try to take the top off. This means the pass rush needs to take another step up.

The most important piece right now I think is Wags, he is the guy that is now blitzing and run stopping and flying to make tackles, teams that get the Run game going would wear us down and expose the secondary with Shead and Earl hobbled or out.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I recall when Wags was out, it was swiss cheese.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksnfcsbest":25yrtb54 said:
I'd like to gauge which player we as Seahawk fans appreciate the most.

Personally I feel that without Earl Thomas our defense will not be the same. Still gonna be a good D but not great. I could be totally wrong, but after these next 2 games we shall find out.

What say you! :irishdrinkers:

appreciate the most is not the same as who is the most important. I believe Thomas is the most important cog but this defense has many teeth on the wheel that are huge difference makers.

Kam's leadership and on field coaching to go along with his intimidating presence play a huge role in the success of our defense.

Wagner is playing at an all time high level and makes our LB corp one of the elite with the assistance of Wright, who also is a key cog.

Bennett, Avril and Clark are an elite combo that are an insane force up front.

But the defender I appreciate the most is Sherman. The guy is possibly the best team leader in sports right now. He is constantly doing things to encourage and help develop his team mates. The guy exudes the Seahawk way. He demands perfection from himself and his team mates. Look at how the team rallied around him a couple weeks ago and then how they played the next game against AZ.

Sherman has already become one of my all time favorite Seahawks. I think Thomas is the most important player on our defense but if I were putting together a team right now and had to choose between him and Sherm, I'd probably have to go with Sherman because of his willingness to teach and coach on the field and in practice and the way he holds himself and everyone else accountable .

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bobblehead":l3i1ki8d said:
I recall when Wags was out, it was swiss cheese.

Once KJ was ok there, but for every other game it was not good without Wagner. He is so vital.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Michael Bennett
The ability of our DL to pressure the QB without having to blitz other positions is vital. Bennett is a huge part of that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Answer is Bwag...at least this year. He may get D player of the year IMO. Earl and Sherm are a close 2nd.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Interesting question. I really had to think about it

It really came down to who is playing the best and most consistent, right now.

That's Wagner. He's just been sick.

Interesting of you to leave off Avril though. I mean, he's having a DPOY kind of season. On pace for around 16 sacks? Been all over the field.

OP
OP
H

hawksnfcsbest

Reaction score
Man great opinions! I think I left Avril and Bennett off this list because IMO they as a combination have been the key to our Defensive development since the beginning of the 2013 season, As Seahawk fans we know that the men who created the "Legion of Boom" were the Dudes giving QB's less than 2 seconds to release the ball........ which puts them in a different discussion, such as who was the pivotal piece that elevated our franchise into greatness......

:stirthepot:

Beastmode?

Dangeruss?

or the men in front of the Legion of Boom?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm not even going to vote, because they are all critical to the success of the team.

RussB

Reaction score
They are all very important. Team wouldnt be the same without any of them. But if i had to pick its ET, he is the reason the cover 3/cover 1 works so well. His range and speed is what allows seahawks to play alot of that single high safety without paying for it much.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The names in this thread... good lordy is this team talented :irishdrinkers:

Extra encouraging though is the emergence of the cheap, young supplemental talent around the core - Fant, Glow, Britt, Ifedi, Rawls, Prosise, Lockett, Clark, Reed, Marsh, Shead (though not younger, emerging as a viable CB2). The restocking of the shelves might be the most important story of the season IMO.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm picking crow feathers from my mouth as I say this, but I think it's Kam. Wagner is phenomenal, and one of my favorite players at this point, but I can't deny anymore that Kam's presence brings something intangible to the defense. To say nothing of his own great plays, he just elevates the people around him.