Jeremy Lane

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
On the spot this week.

I have to say he has been kind of a letdown this season. Not bad, just don't see many plays from him.

I expect Sherman will rove with Evans, at least I hope he will.

We need Lane to step up.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Jeremy has the toughest assignment in the secondary (after ET). Follow the slot receiver in space. And he's good enough at it, he gets targetted for pick plays (remember NO game).

Now he's mostly going to be CB2 this week and I think he'll be fine as that role is simpler assignment wise and just requires proper technique.

Whoever is covering Mike Evans has the toughest assignment this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherm get the call to follow him.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Mad Dog":leg0gjn3 said:
Jeremy has the toughest assignment in the secondary (after ET). Follow the slot receiver in space. And he's good enough at it, he gets targetted for pick plays (remember NO game).

Now he's mostly going to be CB2 this week and I think he'll be fine as that role is simpler assignment wise and just requires proper technique.

Whoever is covering Mike Evans has the toughest assignment this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherm get the call to follow him.

Agreed (Sherm on Evans). Their other WRs don't scare anyone.

Seafan

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1nor2zz9 said:

Lane doesn't have an easier assignment this week, he's going to be CB2(perhaps) AND slot. His job is tougher this week.

Seafan

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3dd98pzp said:

Lane doesn't have an easier assignment this week, he's going to be CB2(perhaps) AND slot. His job is tougher this week.

hawk45

Reaction score
Lane has been conspicuous on many of our third down and forever meltdowns. Reminding me of when we trotted out the player formerly known as Marcus trufant at nickel one year and couldn't get off the field on third down to save our lives.
Here's hoping playing outside again is the magic tonic for lane. He's been fairly forgettable up until now.

King Dog

Reaction score
You called him Jeremy "never makes a play" Lane in another thread right?
That's incorrect. He made a huge play in the Super Bowl picking off Brady in the Red Zone in the first quarter. That was a huge play right? You don't remember? Too bad, because it's indisputable. Nice try though.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
King Dog":3ud8j86e said:
That's incorrect. He made a huge play in the Super Bowl picking off Brady in the Red Zone in the first quarter. That was a huge play right? You don't remember? Too bad, because it's indisputable. Nice try though.

What does that have to do with this season? Lol.

What a strange comment. I would use a different word, but I am being nice.

Name his plays this season. We will wait.

King Dog

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2bh08img said:
King Dog":2bh08img said:

What a strange comment.

You called him Jeremy "never makes a play" Lane correct? Your response is strange lol. I'll wait for a response.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
King Dog":1lm7w1yr said:
FlyingGreg":1lm7w1yr said:
King Dog":1lm7w1yr said:

What a strange comment.

You called him Jeremy "never makes a play" Lane correct? You're respone is strange lol. I'll wait for a response.

I figured, you can't answer. Hide behind semantics because you have nothing else.

Anyways, here is hoping he finally makes something happen this season since we can't travel back in time to that one time he made a play in the Super Bowl.

:stirthepot:

King Dog

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1f9wq59p said:
King Dog":1f9wq59p said:
FlyingGreg":1f9wq59p said:
King Dog":1f9wq59p said:

What a strange comment.

You called him Jeremy "never makes a play" Lane correct? You're respone is strange lol. I'll wait for a response.

I figured, you can't answer. Hide behind semantics because you have nothing else.

Anyways, here is hoping he finally makes something happen this season since we can't travel back in time to that one time he made a play in the Super Bowl.

:stirthepot:

I knew you would try and spin it. You called him Jeremy "never makes a play Lane." That's incorrect.
Just own it. You were wrong. Sorry. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Don't be sorry, your opinion. We can disagree, it doesn't cause heart pain. His play in the Super Bowl means jack squat this Sunday, you know that and I know that.

You did a good job of dragging this thread off the rails...derailer. :D

Back on point, here's hoping Jeremy is ready for the CB2 role.

I'll dig this thread up Sunday night after his Pick 6...

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Lane hasn't made the standout plays (which has been disappointing), but he's really good as playing the role of the asshole pestering defender that can get into the receivers head. He got Nelson Agholor to scrap against him last game and then Agholor goes into to make a couple terrible drops during the game. It's impossible to say for sure, but I think it's related to Lane and how he plays D.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawk45":ooc2r5r9 said:
Lane has been conspicuous on many of our third down and forever meltdowns. Reminding me of when we trotted out the player formerly known as Marcus trufant at nickel one year and couldn't get off the field on third down to save our lives.

Just the mentioning of that name makes me want to throw up!

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1t1sp3cz said:
hawk45":1t1sp3cz said:

Just the mentioning of that name makes me want to throw up!

Really? He was a key contributor to the team through a very successful period and a local hero?

Tical21

Reaction score
Lane has played decently well against the run and screens, areas which he hasn't played well in the past. He's also been okay on crossing routes. Made a few big plays. He hasn't played well for the past month. Where he has really struggled, is when the zone has dictated he carry a receiver that takes him out of his typical zone because the route combo dictates it. Things like corner routes. In many route combinations he would pass it off, but teams are running more sophisticated cover-3 beaters now.

If Shead does not start, will Sherman still shadow Evans? Will they be comfortable moving Thorpe from side to side?

Lane isn't our best player, but in the slot I still think he's in the top half of the league.