The season is not over....

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Well they had better hand out the manuals for how to block for dummies on the flight home because next week does not get easier

stizz19

Reaction score
Maulbert":1iqq25kb said:
...but Earl and Bennett better get back soon. Justin Britt, too.
A better title would be "The sky isn't falling". All of the NFC west teams lost today so no ground has been lost on winning the division. This isn't 2012 where we were no good on the road so we have to win the division and get in and we're golden if we're healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Defense wasn't the problem today. They shut down Tampa after the first quarter. Offense needs to get its crap together or we are going no where. Lucky for us we get to face a strong front 4 next week against Carolina...... Yipee.......

Steve2222

Reaction score
Not too worried. They should still secure the two seed as the North and South will beat up on each other. Dallas' strength plays into our strength and they have a non existent pass rush (which rushing our OL is the blueprint to defeat our offense). I'll take battle tested Seattle over green Dallas every time for a shot at the Super Bowl, regardless of where the game is being played.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Here's some positives:

1. We didn't lose any ground in the division.
2. Dallas will help us quite a bit if they keep winning and knocking off 2nd seed rivals.
3. A second NFC team can't be the second seed.
4. We have the utimate tiebreaker if a team matches us with wins.
4. Defense did a great job and should keep rolling.
5. Offense can't play worse than this.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
stizz19":g85ko1u0 said:
Maulbert":g85ko1u0 said:
...but Earl and Bennett better get back soon. Justin Britt, too.
A better title would be "The sky isn't falling". All of the NFC west teams lost today so no ground has been lost on winning the division. This isn't 2012 where we were no good on the road so we have to win the division and get in and we're golden if we're healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are prob like 90% chance to make playoffs. All we have to do is beat the cards and the rams lose ONE game and we are in i believe

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Steve2222":b738r1x5 said:
Not too worried. They should still secure the two seed as the North and South will beat up on each other. Dallas' strength plays into our strength and they have a non existent pass rush (which rushing our OL is the blueprint to defeat our offense). I'll take battle tested Seattle over green Dallas every time for a shot at the Super Bowl, regardless of where the game is being played.

Ya Detroit still has to play the @Cowboys, @Giants and Packers to close the year off. They also play @Saints which is not a gimme either. The saints just hung up 40+ today

I would be shocked if the Lions finish above 9-7 this year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":3nvq3pf0 said:
Well they had better hand out the manuals for how to block for dummies on the flight home because next week does not get easier

:ditto: Well said. This game hopefully serves as a wake up call

Steve2222

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":cleehr86 said:
Steve2222":cleehr86 said:

Ya Detroit still has to play the @Cowboys, @Giants and Packers to close the year off. They also play @Saints which is not a gimme either. The saints just hung up 40+ today

I think we go 3-0 to close out the west and get at least one against CAR or @GB (who may have the worst defense in the league not named 49ers).

11 wins will secure the #2 seed. Dallas doesn't scare me. Our team is designed to beat teams like that.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Steve2222":2lmzloj7 said:
WilsonMVP":2lmzloj7 said:
Steve2222":2lmzloj7 said:

I think we go 3-0 to close out the west and get at least one against CAR or @GB (who may have the worst defense in the league not named 49ers).

11 wins will secure the #2 seed. Dallas doesn't scare me. Our team is designed to beat teams like that.

I think the only team we will be competing with for the 2nd seed is ATL..which we have beat...if ATL doesnt win that division I dont think that division will have 2nd seed

Honestly I think 10 wins might get 2nd seed since we have that tie