3 points, 6 points, 5 points

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
potatohead":2cvd2arc said:
And the six points was only because overtime

Ya

Its more like

3 Points, 3 Points, 3 points lol

2 of the 5 were because of the safety today. 3 against the Cards came in OT....I dont even count that since it took our D allowing only 3 points to the cards to force OT. The first FG was a 4 play 0 yard drive too lol....so our offense literally didnt do anything until OT.

We also only had 6 points against the Dolphins before Wilson drove us for a TD to win the game at the end.

The 3 games listed were away however significant that is...all away games.

Just look at that shit

3 Points in the rams game.....3 points in this Bucs game.....and in the Cards game we only got a FG in regulation because we were allready in FG range.

HawkerD

Reaction score
This is a very telling thread in that only the worst of the worst teams have multiple games in a season where they scored less than 7 pts. This stat more than any other really shows that our offense is broken. This was not a one off game. IN any business this metric would be a call to action.

Not that the hawks have many options at this point in the season. However they really need to address this in the off season including coaching changes and moving money from the defense to the oline. Our window was wide open now I feel it is only a slit. cute draft picks and inability to develop anyone after 2012 draft (couple players withstanding).

CHange course after this year or else...

potatohead

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2rrta0fv said:
potatohead":2rrta0fv said:
And the six points was only because overtime

Ya

Its more like

3 Points, 3 Points, 3 points lol

2 of the 5 were because of the safety today. 3 against the Cards came in OT....I dont even count that since it took our D allowing only 3 points to the cards to force OT. The first FG was a 4 play 0 yard drive too lol....so our offense literally didnt do anything until OT.

We also only had 6 points against the Dolphins before Wilson drove us for a TD to win the game at the end.

The 3 games listed were away however significant that is...all away games.

Just look at that shit

3 Points in the rams game.....3 points in this Bucs game.....and in the Cards game we only got a FG in regulation because we were allready in FG range.

Lol

And the three points today were only because of a PI call

seabowl

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2l7govbo said:
Crizilla":2l7govbo said:
No new injuries.

Missed having several key pieces.

We didn't need that game anyway.

We didn't need that game if we win out. We need the 2 seed.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
3 GAMES in which our offense managed ONLY a FG.

All three on the road. Has to be a factor.

Against a Rams team that sucks and gave up 49 to the Saints.

Against a Cardinals team that gave up 38 points to the Falcons.

Against a Bucs team that ranks in the bottom of the league in D.

I don't want to hear you Bevell apologists anymore. Yes, the line sucks at times. So adjust!

We need a new coordinator. Period. Save your DVOA arguments...DVOA rankings don't win Super Bowls.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The 3-Rookies O Line looked just like what everybody should have expected. Awful.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1mu1p1x2 said:

I don't want to hear you Bevell apologists anymore. Yes, the line sucks at times. So adjust!

We need a new coordinator. Period. Save your DVOA arguments...DVOA rankings don't win Super Bowls.

Cards have let up 30+points 4 times this year...we managed 3...because we started in FG range..in regulation

Bucs have let up 30+ points 7 times this year, with two of those 40+......we scored 3 because of a DPI and 2 because of a Safety

Rams have let up 30+ points 3 times this year.....we scored 3....

The 2nd lowest game the Bucs played was allowing 10 points against the Bears...THE BEARS...THE BEARS scored more than we did

2nd lowest Rams have allowed is 6 to the Jets...JETS SCORED MORE THAN WE DID

Cards lowest allowed this season was 3 to the jets...which is what our team scored in regulation

So we are pretty much on par with the jets....congrats offense..you are so good

hawk45

Reaction score
There is a certain threshold of OL play that adjustments can counter. Last week was a good example of that. With Russell at near full mobility, and without the injury at center, we were just above the threshold.

When we do get above that threshold, the offense seems capable of 20-30 points. Yeah some situational head-scratchers by Bevell but we are capable of mounting several drives. Not that Bevell doesn't piss me off at times, but looking at him before looking at Cable and Cable's unit just makes zero sense to me.

When the OL is below that threshold, a single drive a game is the ceiling. It's been this way since pretty much forever.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
potatohead":3ve53ahh said:

The Giants can't be the #2 seed if Dallas is #1.

Even if New York usurp Dallas in the NFC East, they'll still at best be the #1 and #5 seed.

kf3339

Reaction score
This team always seems to play to the level of the competition. We can beat NE in their house, but can't beat NO or TB in their houses. It is really pathetic to watch this team make little to no effort to really go out and stomp down inferior competition. They let them stay in the game, or give them the lead with no real fight.

I say this rarely, but this team should be ashamed of themselves. The coaches and the players. I would be.

sam1313

Reaction score
kf3339":1kghxbml said:
This team always seems to play to the level of the competition. We can beat NE in their house, but can't beat NO or TB in their houses. It is really pathetic to watch this team make little to no effort to really go out and stomp down inferior competition. They let them stay in the game, or give them the lead with no real fight.

I say this rarely, but this team should be ashamed of themselves. The coaches and the players. I would be.

I will agree the offense should be ashamed. Holding any NFL team to 14 points is pretty lights out defense. The D scored 2 points and gave us numerous chances to win.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":5qsah3r9 said:
This is a very telling thread in that only the worst of the worst teams have multiple games in a season where they scored less than 7 pts. This stat more than any other really shows that our offense is broken. This was not a one off game. IN any business this metric would be a call to action.

Not that the hawks have many options at this point in the season. However they really need to address this in the off season including coaching changes and moving money from the defense to the oline. Our window was wide open now I feel it is only a slit. cute draft picks and inability to develop anyone after 2012 draft (couple players withstanding).

You want to weaken the D for more offense?So we can get killed when we have off games such as this and lose more in the tight games right?I really hate your option..

cymatica

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":326lo605 said:
FlyingGreg":326lo605 said:

Cards have let up 30+points 4 times this year...we managed 3...because we started in FG range..in regulation

Bucs have let up 30+ points 7 times this year, with two of those 40+......we scored 3 because of a DPI and 2 because of a Safety

Rams have let up 30+ points 3 times this year.....we scored 3....

The 2nd lowest game the Bucs played was allowing 10 points against the Bears...THE BEARS...THE BEARS scored more than we did

2nd lowest Rams have allowed is 6 to the Jets...JETS SCORED MORE THAN WE DID

Cards lowest allowed this season was 3 to the jets...which is what our team scored in regulation

So we are pretty much on par with the jets....congrats offense..you are so good

This is very telling about the offense, especially considering our defense gave us a chance in all these games. Despite it being a game of matchups, if the bears can put 10 up on the bucks we have no excuse, not one.

If the o-line is that pathetic, it's 100% on coaching for : (a) not signing help (b) not scheming around an obvious weakness (c) not preparing them better. No excuses. Fant is a good story, but cmon, litterally no experience and he is our best option? Really?

If we were a team without a franchise qb, then fine, experiment with your o-line for the future. No excuse putting such a good player behind that garbage. You would think after the horrible o-line play the last couple years they would have learned, instead they replace decent starters with rookies, d-linemen, a TE, and a basketball player? Lol, that sounded even stupider as i typed it

HawkerD

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2okdpdny said:
HawkerD":2okdpdny said:

You want to weaken the D for more offense?So we can get killed when we have off games such as this and lose more in the tight games right?I really hate your option..

So in your opinion we continue with a bargain basement Oline? The money has to come from somewhere. Only Cutting jimmy could translate to a better Oline. And what does it matter how you lose. We had zero chance today because the offense was completely incapable of scoring. And it was the third time this season that happened.