Throwaway Game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Injuries to our OL and defense clearly was the difference in this game. Russell had no protection, could not establish any rhythm and our backups were simply overwhelmed. Bucs came into this game as if this was their personal Super Bowl. The crowd had that playoff atmosphere and frankly they couldn't have welcomed the Seahawks at a better time.

We still have yet to win in Tampa Bay in 10 years.

Kudos to a fiesty Bucs team. They deserved the win. They punched us in the mouth all game.

As one of my favorite comics - George Wallace - used to say...

"People say the stupidest things. 'Never kick a man when he's down.' Can you think of a better time?"

Gonna pull a Rodgers here folks:

R. E. L. A. X.

We're getting great players back next Sunday. We'll be okay. If not first seed, second seed is still well in shot.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Nope.

The sky has fallen and the earth is flat.

Fire Bevell-Cable for the love of russ.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Lots of injuries on defense and the O-line against a decent team. A loss was possible here and it happened.

7-3-1, still second seed. No worries.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's not fun to watch a game like this, but this is the time and type of game to reset the focus, get healthy and come back and clean up stuff going forward. They will be mad at themselves and want to prove to each other, their coaches and the fans they can do better.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm not stressed over this game. My sky is not falling, and the world won't end for another 10 billion years.

We have had a plethora of injuries, and the OLine could least afford them of anybody. It was shaky to begin with.

Next week will be a different story. Who do we play? Is it a home game?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I totally agree this game was NOT fun to watch at all, but they happen, and it's over and let's focus on getting healthy again, and beating the Panthers at home next Sunday night, which will be a real battle as they seem to be finding their way.

It cannot be overstated enough how vital it will be to get Bennett, Thomas, Shead, Britt, et al...back.

Injuries have really slowed us down but this team has what it takes to survive and thrive.

And look at the bright side? The rest of the NFC West lost today so it's a wash as far as division standings go!

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Read the first few lines. That's it. Game is on Russ, sorry. Tons of passes were there today, he missed them plain and simple.

Rob12

Reaction score
OLYhawks":33tg0h20 said:
Read the first few lines. That's it. Game is on Russ, sorry. Tons of passes were there today, he missed them plain and simple.

He definitely missed a lot of throws.

I'm with Aros though, I still feel great about this team. Time to move on from this one.

James in PA

Reaction score
Throwaway game? Letdown game? No way! Pete and the players have preached over & over again that "every game is a championship opportunity." They were clearly just as jacked for this one as they were for New England. [/sarcasm]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
OLYhawks":yqshcqit said:

Sure, stand up and throw passes with guys bearing down on you from all sides and them rushing 5 to 8 guys, easy to say they were open when your not the guy having to run for your life.

Later on they went with a standard rush and were dropping LB's in coverage when they knew we were desperate and that's when Russell actually had more time, they were changing schemes with over under coverage knowing who was covering under and top, that's when we got our first pick, last one was on Wilson airing the ball up and giving the safety time to make the pic.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Rob12":37pvjbr4 said:
OLYhawks":37pvjbr4 said:

He definitely missed a lot of throws.

I'm with Aros though, I still feel great about this team. Time to move on from this one.

I hear ya. It's all we can do. I'll leave the rest of my venting to myself. Go Hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":13s9jfgl said:
Lots of injuries on defense and the O-line against a decent team. A loss was possible here and it happened.

7-3-1, still second seed. No worries.
No "Worries"?, maybe not, but how many more "Throwaway Games" do the Seahawks have left this season? :oops:

OpHawk

Reaction score
I think chalking this up as a throwaway game is shortsighted. The offensive line in that performance was unreal. Never seen a beatdown that bad on the line. We don't get a new one next week, we are stuck with these guys for the rest of the season. Seems fatal to me. One game like that from the oline in the playoffs that is even half as bad is season ending. No way around it.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah we probably all believe Russ will have better games, but as far as the OL completely shutting down any chance at offense, that's not exactly unheard of, injuries or not. That seems like a data point we might not want to throw away. IMO, the good OL performances are just as likely aberrations as the horrific ones.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3jf12dnc said:
I'm not stressed over this game. My sky is not falling, and the world won't end for another 10 billion years.

We have had a plethora of injuries, and the OLine could least afford them of anybody. It was shaky to begin with.

Next week will be a different story. Who do we play? Is it a home game?

Its the panthers. They got three scores up in 4th q when Derek Carr stepped out. The raiders won but the panthers got that 27 really quickly.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We're still the NFC #2 seed, people. This really was a throwaway game, unless you think we're gonna overtake Dallas--but do we really need to? If we get enough starters back you think we can't go down there and do the same thing we did to NE?

GO HAWKS!

kf3339

Reaction score
If it really was a throwaway game, then don't have RW on the field. Or Graham, Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette, Rawls, ect.

If it really was a throwaway game, then don't have Avril on the field. Or Clark, Wagner, Sherman, Chancellor, ect.

Start and play only the absolute real backups the whole game. Lose by 50 points. Who the hell would care?

But if you are going to start and play those guys then for God's sake at least make a 110% effort to win the game. This performance was pathetic. They should be ashamed of themselves. Period.