The Rest of the NFC West Lost Too!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's not forget folks, as far as the division goes (you know, that thing that if you win you get to automatically host a playoff game?), this game was a wash as ever other divisional opponent lost today as well.

This division is ours this year. Yes of course we want the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC, and losses can hurt, but at least we are still in full control of our division.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with your perspective here, Aros.

But this will be hard to defend to the many who will come in and say there's no way we can beat great teams.

But they'll conveniently forget/ignore that we went toe to toe with the Falcons and Patriots, and won both of those. We handily beat the Eagle's, too.

This is a strange year across the league, and I still don't think anything is to be taken for granted, either our weaknesses or strengths.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Actually I think we are playing for that number 2 seed- so we can get a pass on the first round , and HFA on the next round

To that end we kind of shot ourselves in the foot

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":37gv5gjz said:
Actually I think we are playing for that number 2 seed- so we can get a pass on the first round , and HFA on the next round

Who is the "we" you refer to? Us, as fans? That would have to be it.

If you know the team's philosophy, they play to be 1-0 every week, and let the results come as they may. They didn't make it this week, so on to next week.

hawk45

Reaction score
We can totally beat great teams as long as we don't run into any with good DLs.
Playing a decent game vs Philly does not a trend make.

nash72

Reaction score
In all seriousness about the rest of the NFC West losing,,,,big deal. Those 3 teams stink. I'm more concerned with this team laying eggs when it shouldnt be. If one of those other teams catch up, what does it say about us?

NJlargent

Reaction score
nash72":1sdggqt0 said:
In all seriousness about the rest of the NFC West losing,,,,big deal. Those 3 teams stink. I'm more concerned with this team laying eggs when it shouldnt be. If one of those other teams catch up, what does it say about us?

Exactly. Cold comfort to point to the losses of the 3 stinky teams in our division

zchurch74

Reaction score
Just because the rest of the division lost doesn't give us a pass to lose. That is when winning is more important then ever.

Lets not forget who comes to town next week. We cannot afford to lose two in a row. I was OK with losing next week but not this week.

A loss is never OK.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2wwmwd7y said:

We're still the second seed. We got lucky and didn't lose any ground.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
WE are STILL one of the GREAT teams people. Christ, lose a game and suddenly we are praying to beat any team?

That's the mentality of NET after a loss and it's unreal. Is it any wonder we've lost a lot of quality members in recent months?

:177692:

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Aros":3vy1l9d9 said:
WE are STILL one of the GREAT teams people. Christ, lose a game and suddenly we are praying to beat any team?

That's the mentality of NET after a loss and it's unreal. Is it any wonder we've lost a lot of quality members in recent months?

Could it also have to do with people calling others' loyalty into question when they go to a message board to let off steam?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Aros":13q32ebq said:

This team has three (four if you count Miami) absolute disastrous games on offense. If you put up 3 points on offense, then yes it is okay to wonder if you can beat any team. Seriously...to put it on the board members that they've chased people off after fretting over what can only be described as embarrassing is in itself embarrassing.

summesm

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1va5hgyd said:
Marlin Man":1va5hgyd said:

We're still the second seed. We got lucky and didn't lose any ground.
yes we did lose ground both lions and falcons won and closed the gap for number 2 seed which this team needs to get healed up and rested. no ground lost in div. but had great chance to go up another game.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":3k00tah5 said:

"GREAT" teams don't piss their pants on offense consistently. Sorry.

soje

Reaction score
falcongoggles":rd5i8iub said:
Aros":rd5i8iub said:

This team has three (four if you count Miami) absolute disastrous games on offense. If you put up 3 points on offense, then yes it is okay to wonder if you can beat any team. Seriously...to put it on the board members that they've chased people off after fretting over what can only be described as embarrassing is in itself embarrassing.

You're absolutely right. It's not just the loss today. It's the fact that our offense did very little in four of our eleven games this season.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
falcongoggles":2syou1q4 said:
Aros":2syou1q4 said:

Could it also have to do with people calling others' loyalty into question when they go to a message board to let off steam?

Oh please get over yourself. When did I EVER question member's LOYALTY? This board has gone to hell.

Later.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
zchurch74":vps58zxu said:
Lets not forget who comes to town next week. We cannot afford to lose two in a row. I was OK with losing next week but not this week.

A loss is never OK.

Haha OK which one is it? You were OK with losing one in two, or losing is never OK? :sarcasm_on:

I always feel this way after a loss, beforehand you can logically say 'I'd be happy for my team to go 2-1 over the next 3 games", but when you lose the first game of that sequence, it tastes very bitter indeed.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2ptm3vz2 said:

You've made this claim three times since the Tampa Bay loss falcongoggles.

Literally NOBODY has called your loyalty into question. So why do you keep mentioning this?

Why are trying to create this false dynamic?

It's dishonest and bizarre.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17ktekhc said:
Aros":17ktekhc said:

"GREAT" teams don't piss their pants on offense consistently. Sorry.

Bevell is a genius and an asset to this team and we will hear nothing to the contrary good day sir. The problem must be Wilson.