I think I saw Marsh make a play today

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He did (big stop on third down run play behind the line) and I have to admit I thought the same thing. Although it isn't fair really. He has had some big sacks to close out games. Unfortunately they also flagged him for bogus penalties.
He isn't Bennet or Avril but he is improving and showing some signs anyway.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1ea5gyql said:
He did and I have to admit I thought the same thing. Although it isn't fair really. He has had some big sacks to close out games. Unfortunately they also flagged him for bogus penalties.
He isn't Bennet or Avril but he is improving and showing some signs anyway.

I only remember the Miami game for his sack to close out the game. Singular not plural.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
storm74":tzy2bkys said:
He gave up plenty of big plays today. You must be mistaken.

No, he provided opportunities for the opposing players to feel really swell about themselves. DON'T BE SO NEGATIVE!

northseahawk

Reaction score
well today he improved his play by not running into his own teammate for once. Maybe he is on to something.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I do recall 1 play where he was being clearly held and still managed to grab somekne and drag them to the ground.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
To be fair to Marsh, he looked great earlier in the year when he was like option D. Mike B and Avril being option a and b and then Frank coming in as option C.

But with Bennett out, frank slides up, and Marsh has to as well. He's much better suited playing less snaps, coming in on no brainer passing situations with fresh legs.

Not that our D was really the prob yesterday but I saw Tukuafu and Jenkins in on some Defensive snaps. Our fullback and a guy we just signed off the street.......

mistaowen

Reaction score
Marsh's biggest problem is he goes way behind the QB when rushing. Linemen let him get a step and then just continue to push him out and behind the QB, allowing him the climb the pocket. Good pass rushers like Bennett and Avril make their cut and go straight at the QB. This happened far too many times against the Bills and gave Taylor some free runs.

He is also pretty poor in containment. I recall two plays where he gets to the outside and instead of forcing it back in, allows the runner through and washes himself away into blockers. Good special teams player, very average depth.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
mistaowen":3tdqjbxg said:
Marsh's biggest problem is he goes way behind the QB when rushing. Linemen let him get a step and then just continue to push him out and behind the QB, allowing him the climb the pocket. Good pass rushers like Bennett and Avril make their cut and go straight at the QB. This happened far too many times against the Bills and gave Taylor some free runs.

He is also pretty poor in containment. I recall two plays where he gets to the outside and instead of forcing it back in, allows the runner through and washes himself away into blockers. Good special teams player, very average depth.

Well Bennett and Avril he is not... But he's also not on his third contract and a perennial pro bowler. We have much larger fish to fry then Marsh.

mistaowen

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2lb5oj82 said:
mistaowen":2lb5oj82 said:

Well Bennett and Avril he is not... But he's also not on his third contract and a perennial pro bowler. We have much larger fish to fry then Marsh.

Oh I agree, he's definitely not at their talent level. When called upon for obvious passing downs as a situational rusher, he can be fine and normally wouldn't be in these situations. The things I mentioned are fixable but seem to happen a lot with him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1buadn1g said:
seabowl":1buadn1g said:
Or was I dreaming?

Careful. Don't say anything bad... vultures are out.
And ones who pick away at every player are not Vultures? That's rich.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
mistaowen":20susfo8 said:

He's a 'high-effort' cleanup guy. It is what it is.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Marsh is just a guy that make the league minimum...and that is what you get and should expect.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3omtgwom said:
HawKnPeppa":3omtgwom said:
He's a 'high-effort' cleanup guy. It is what it is.

One with high upside though, IMO.

Well this is what, his 3rd year? 4th? When is that upside going to manifest itself into some actual defensive production?