Thank You NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Mark for keeping this site afloat. It's not easy and we both know that better than most.

Thank you Neal for your fantastic skills masterminding the back-end and keeping this site running at full tilt.

Thank you always, to all of you volunteers who keep this site operating without ever asking for anything in return.

Thank you to the alumni who still participate here to this day.

Thank you 12's who continue to show your passion via communication on this site.

I wish you all well. May we all witness a few more championships.

I am officially done. Goodnight NET.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
?????
Is this because of another epic fan meltdown after a loss?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
In fairness, I totally understand Aros' position. I've contemplated it a few times as well -- but I can't do it. This place is like a drug and I'm addicted. There's no way I could give it up. You'd have to chop my hands off to stop posting on here.

This forum was a place that provided intelligent, thought provoking debate -- watching a team blossom from 4-12/5-11 to perennial contenders under Pete Carroll. It felt like we were on a great journey together -- we witnessed the first Championship. We shared the agony of the Super Bowl loss.

And now the expectation is so great, so intense, it feels like we've become one of the most entitled fan bases in the NFL. We have people demanding +40 points a game in order to be satisfied with the offensive staff, one guy spent two weeks constantly talking about Pete Carroll's job security this season.

Instead of us all living through this golden era together -- it feels like we're split apart.

I appreciate and accept an internet forum is going to be a place for people to let off steam after a loss. It'd be unrealistic to expect otherwise. But it's got so heated, so nasty, so intense recently. It's reminiscent of the webzone -- a place we used to laugh at collectively during the 2012-13 seasons.

If you don't want Bevell fired -- you're an apologist who 'loves everything' about Seattle's OC. If you're not ready to call the season over after a bad day against the Bucs -- you're a homer. Every loss feels like the end of the world -- and someone has to pay. Bevell, Cable, Kam, Jimmy Graham. Eventually it'll be Pete or JS for 'only' winning one SB.

There are probably 29 other fan bases who would kill for this team, staff and the consistent winning football the Seahawks produce. Only the Pats and Broncos can compare over recent years. I'd suggest neither of those teams during their Championship run have had the kind of fun we've had following Carroll's 'hawks.

I've gone on a bit here so I'll wrap up now. I hope this wasn't too attention seeky. Just how I feel.

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't post anymore and only open one out of every five or so threads.

They all end up the same anyway.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sums up my thoughts and appreciation for this team and this fan forum precisely, English.

Going into this season, I never expected an unbeaten year. The NFL schedule is a marathon, so you know you're going to have to live with a few losses like Sunday's.

But I like this team because we don't always follow the conventional way of doing things. We have an assembly of free thinkers who put a winning and entertaining product on the field. I'm hooked. Sunday was the outlier byproduct to this fusion.

This site is also appreciated by me because it is well-run. The administration and moderators do a great job of letting us exchange opinions, observations and well-intended banter without it escalating into the kind of pithy Animal House-like bash fest I see on the Vikings board using the same server. That site has lost many great contributors over the years due to an erosion of policy structure ensuring basic elements like tolerance and respect.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I hope you stay Aros, I appreciate your posts and you are one of the few left I've enjoyed talking about the Seahawks with since Aaron Curry was going to be our savior. I definitely feel fatigued reading the same things over and over, it makes it hard for me to want to engage in discussion when ultimately it never goes anywhere. As English said though, I don't think I'd ever be able to stop coming here.

The funny thing is, this behavior is in every fan base. I live in the Boston area so am stuck dealing with Pats homers. I can't tell you how many times they've called for Brady's head after a loss like the one we gave them last week. Don't get me wrong, only kicking a FG 3 times this year and sharing that stat with the Rams is troubling, but this team is still in the drivers seat for a first round bye.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great post Rob.

I think .NET is going to have it's ups and downs, but it will be just fine in the long run. It's the emotions and the passion that make things good or bad, but that's what fans are, or they wouldn't be fans.

I might only ask that people take a few minutes to cool off before venting. It's what I do, and it usually saves me some embarrassment. I don't always follow my own advice, and almost always end up embarrassed.

Geologic

Reaction score
Why are you leaving? Last nights game wasn't that bad was it?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Take care, dude. I personally hope you find your way back along with a few others.

Sealake80

Reaction score
All the best Aros. I used to come here eagerly anticipating your posts along with a handful of other amazing contributors.

Sad times at .net. As a long time mostly lurker I can say this place has definitley slid in the wrong direction for a long time now. What gives? :(

nash72

Reaction score
Why is calling a turd a turd so bad? The Hawks failed due to a bunch of reasons. Mainly our Allstar QB played like garbage. The rest of the negatives surrounding this team just came to a head when that happened. Bevell called a horrible game and Wilson couldn't cover for him as usual. Everybody played bad so we got skunked. Oh well. Any offense in the league could have played better last night and that's including Cleveland. This team has major issues and all of them were exploited including the coaching. Are we supposed to sugar coat that to make everybody feel better?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If you really are leaving, I'm seriously going to miss your avatar.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
So long .Net Godfather. Thanks for all you've done. Hopefully you change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.