Maybe the team partied too hard Saturday night

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Is it me or was everyone playing like they were hungover. Maybe that is the issue with games in Florida. Got to lay off the Betty's and booze.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They took the wrong flight and played the ninahs in Miami. Miami took the option of changing uniforms and played our game....bastages. :stirthepot:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawks have been coming out slow in every game this year..seems like.
then we finally settle in afterwards.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It was the one o'clock start... should have started the game at 10:00 AM.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They looked like a team that had numerous injuries to very key positions, on the road against a hungry team looking to make a statement with a home victory (where they had been 1-4 coming in) over one of the best teams in the league.

I swear, time and time again we see these flukey games in the NFL and the overreaction to each of them is hysterical.

You'd think this team was 3-7-1 and not the other way around. We still have 3 games at home, all against sub .500 teams.. and we have two road games against a team with 4 wins and no defense, and a team with 1 win and no.... anything.

We will be FINE folks.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yesterday's game was an anomaly imo.

No disrespect to Tampa, they played a great game. Our team just didn't execute.

I just wish folks would relax and not get so upset after one regular season loss. Yes, Tampa exposed weaknesses that need to be addressed, but it's not the end of the season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Jerhawk":4t7ub08w said:
Yes, Tampa exposed weaknesses that need to be addressed, but it's not the end of the season.

However, there are those who see it not as a light at the end of the tunnel, but rather as a train headed our way!!! :shock:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You should not judge a team SOLEY by its worst or best performances or you will often be wrong about them.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ddu89ld said:
You should not judge a team SOLEY by its worst or best performances or you will often be wrong about them.

This is true, I'm over the game it will probably end up being an anomaly at the end of the year. Just a fluke.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":125y34sg said:
Jerhawk":125y34sg said:
Yes, Tampa exposed weaknesses that need to be addressed, but it's not the end of the season.

However, there are those who see it not as a light at the end of the tunnel, but rather as a train headed our way!!! :shock:

For sure, and yesterday's performance was definitely concerning.

Remember the Cardinals loss 17-10 back in Week 15 of our 2013 championship season? The offense looked like trash, and it was a frustrating performance. But they figured it out and turned it around. Let's trust these guys to figure it out and get it done. They've earned that much

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I am by no means saying the season is over or anywhere close, but its also not like this is the first poor offensive showing. 1 field goal in 60 minutes of football twice this season is a Lil concerning. It casts some serious doubt's for a superbowl showing to anyone looking at it objectively.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
To follow up before I get flamed, injuries played a big role on defense, but the offense doesn't really have an excuse. In the playoffs, it doesn't matter what a team is "capable" of, only what they do on the field. We were beat in all phases on Sunday by a lesser team on paper. What does that say about us?

djb28

Reaction score
Our Injuries did not bode well for the travel and playing a confident bunch. I expected the loss.
I bet you do not see that same team next week!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":18b40rht said:
To follow up before I get flamed, injuries played a big role on defense, but the offense doesn't really have an excuse. In the playoffs, it doesn't matter what a team is "capable" of, only what they do on the field. We were beat in all phases on Sunday by a lesser team on paper. What does that say about us?
It says we had 1 bad game. That's all it says.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
djb28":3ph42mff said:
Our Injuries did not bode well for the travel and playing a confident bunch. I expected the loss.
I bet you do not see that same team next week!

Now....that avatar would distract any football team! :shock:

OpHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3dguqsa2 said:
I am by no means saying the season is over or anywhere close, but its also not like this is the first poor offensive showing. 1 field goal in 60 minutes of football twice this season is a Lil concerning. It casts some serious doubt's for a superbowl showing to anyone looking at it objectively.

Agreed. Fundamentally and fatally flawed. The most frustrating thing is we've all watched it decay since 2013. The Oline has gotten worse, and worse, and worse. The need to invest heavily in the Oline was plain as can be, yet this FO refused to do it. T

OpHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":29bu7ql8 said:

I'd say the defense played pretty damn well overall, rough start but 14 points? I'll take that any game anywhere. The offense was orders of magnitude above any other factor for this loss. Humiliating performance. I still can't believe what I witnessed.