Week To Week League

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The NFL is a week to week league.....

We beat the Pats two weeks ago and people are claiming that we are the best team in the NFL and that we are geared up for a SB run. And that this could possibly be our best team in the PC era.

Then we lose to the Bucs and people act as if this team could be one and done in the playoffs.

C'mon .NET....take some advice from Russell Wilson, and don't get too hung up on the highs and too low on the lows. This is a good team. We will be fine. Every team has bad losses like this. Outside of the Cowboys, we are still the most complete team in the NFC IMO. And best of all, we still have plenty of time to figure things out before playoffs.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Good points.

But...I don't think most people are as upset with losing as they are HOW we are losing.

In our three losses and a tie, we have scored 34 points. Total. Even worse, 20 of those came against the Saints. So in the games vs LA, Arizona, and TB...we managed 14 TOTAL points. 14.

And 7 of those points vs NO came from the D, so we managed 13 against one of the worst defenses in the league.

How that doesn't concern people more is a mystery. And this is the time of the season when the offense is usually running well.

3 pts vs TB is ridiculous. Period. No excuse whatsoever.

Dallas will score 24+ on any team in the NFL. If we have to play there in the NFCCG, can we score 30?

3 games this season where our talented offense has been held without a TD. 3. Not even the awful Browns or 49ers have achieved that level of futility.

I am ok with writing this one off, but we have obvious flaws that concern me and should concern anyone willing to just watch the games.

Playing without Britt, Bennett, Shead and Thomas obviously was a huge factor.

I sure hope they find a way to protect Russell this week, because that Panthers D line is going to attack, attack, attack.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Greg there's not a team in the league without flaws serious enough to derail an entire postseason run. Dallas isn't immune to this either, their defense has yet to be truly tested.

HL is right. This is a week to week league. Hell the Vikings and Broncos were 5-0 and now they'd miss the playoffs.

Maybe the quest for the 1 seed took a major hit, but not the quest for a bye and HFA for one game at least.

We will be completely fine.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Damn right it is week to week. In the playoffs u lose and you are done. Then its really week to week.

This here is a great team for us. We have some flaws and are exposed by injuries on offense and defense. I understand some concern. I am concerned.

Playing without ET on defense is going to take some getting used to for the rest of the guys on the field. Lets hope he's not out much longer.

Taking Shead out at the same time makes ET missing even easier to exploit.

Bennett is HUGE for our D as well. It starts up front with pressure. Missing that makes our injured secondary even eisier to exploit.

Thing is the D looked good after figuring things out with new personel.

Sometimes pulling one piece makes the whole pie fall apart... For an example we dont have to go far. Just look at that offensive line without Britt this week. Who would have thought it would cause the huge step back that we saw?

If the line actually plays like garbage the path to victory is a tight rope made out of dental floss. We are getting kicked in the teeth. I hope to god we get Britt back and the line magically looks decent again.

A lot of our key guys are playing dinged up, coming back from injury or sitting out. There have been so many injuries this year Im amazed how well we have been doing.

For us it is week to week with the injury report. When healthy our core is definitely strong enough to het it done.

If this team gets right and people heal up a bit and we have the key players in at the right time... its a big if. But if that does happen we. will be getting another Superb Owl. It will happen one game at a time... week to week.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
The team has shown a disturbing trend to crap the bed offensively during road games and they will probably have to win in Dallas to make it to SB LI.

People have every right to be worried.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bpfsfr0 said:
Greg there's not a team in the league without flaws serious enough to derail an entire postseason run. Dallas isn't immune to this either, their defense has yet to be truly tested.

HL is right. This is a week to week league. Hell the Vikings and Broncos were 5-0 and now they'd miss the playoffs.

Maybe the quest for the 1 seed took a major hit, but not the quest for a bye and HFA for one game at least.

I agree. But again, it's not just the flaw but WHAT the flaw is.

I just don't like knowing that it 5 of our 11 games, (including Miami), our offense has been BAD.

Sealake80

Reaction score
The Offense has also looked really good. Jst gotta hope we get everything right at the right time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":34afhs6y said:
Hasselbeck":34afhs6y said:

I agree. But again, it's not just the flaw but WHAT the flaw is.

I just don't like knowing that it 5 of our 11 games, (including Miami), our offense has been BAD.

Yeah I doubt anyone is happy about the offensive woes we've shown, conversely I don't want to have our offense clicking on all cylinders in October and November either.

As English alluded to in another thread, even in our super bowl years, we had some hideous performances. They righted the ship when it mattered though.

I still feel we win out, including the playoffs. :)

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ah yes, the Eli Manning approach to winning Super Bowls!

Edit
I see a post snuck in before mine and I didn't quote the post I was responding to. My post was in response to the idea of just needing to get hot at the right time.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Get healthy and the Hawks and this board get back to how they looked in weeks 3-11.

Best of all, our main issue is health. And none of the injuries are long term. Everyone who we missed yesterday should be back sooner than later. It's not like we are the Vikings or Packers who have season ending injuries with no solution. Most of our problems are fixable.