Glowinski

Largent80

Reaction score
I hear everyone ragging on the rookie Hunt starting his first game, and the rest of the line having major issues with Britt out.

But what about Glowinski?

When I re-watched this game and even went back to the Philly game I was astounded after focusing on him.

He has started every game this year and even was the choice in the pre season. That is 11 regular season games and 4 pre season games, and he was absolutely DREADFUL against Tampa and Philly.

Yet, Cable pulls Gilliam for the plodding too big for the system Sowell. Why is Glowinski getting a pass for bad play?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Glow is nearly a rookie too. And so while it is somewhat understandable that he like Ifedi and especially Fant or Hunt will struggle against big-time DL vets, where do you see Glow 'getting a pass' from anyone?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":s3n7q9oa said:
where do you see Glow 'getting a pass' from anyone?

Nobody mentions him in O-Line threads. It's all about LT, RT, Center, and Ifedi. He's like, just a dude on the line.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":vgrgid84 said:
LeftHandSmoke":vgrgid84 said:
where do you see Glow 'getting a pass' from anyone?

Nobody mentions him in O-Line threads. It's all about LT, RT, Center, and Ifedi. He's like, just a dude on the line.
Perhaps he gets less attention because he's the only guy who has started every game, and all at the same position. This year, that just by itself is commendable.

He did have a rough game Sunday, no doubt about it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The entire process is just insane.

The success of our team is predicated on the success of our defense and the health of our QB.

The health of our QB is predicated on not taking too many hits.

So given that, how many 'projects' do we have on the line now?

How many players on the line with less than 5 years of OL experience?

I keep coming back to that term penny-wise and pound-foolish to explain what they are doing here.

Yeah you are saving some money but you are not saving your run game, your QB production, your QB health or offense production. Though, it did get it near the top of the NFC with this approach, but I do not believe against better teams or good coaches that know how to exploit weaknesses that we will be able to overcome this.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Glowinski at least was a draft pick. Yeah, he's like a redshirt rookie, but he's started a lot of games. One would expect improvement, not regression.

el capitan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":35aq26fy said:

The success of our team is predicated on the success of our defense and the health of our QB.

I keep coming back to that term penny-wise and pound-foolish to explain what they are doing here.

Yeah you are saving some money but you are not saving your run game, your QB production, your QB health or offense production. Though, it did get it near the top of the NFC with this approach, but I do not believe against better teams or good coaches that know how to exploit weaknesses that we will be able to overcome this.

Exactly. What's the point in investing cap space and high picks in WR's and an All-Pro TE if you can't get them the ball.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
el capitan":19y9x8yi said:
TwistedHusky":19y9x8yi said:

Exactly. What's the point in investing cap space and high picks in WR's and an All-Pro TE if you can't get them the ball.

B-But Cable can take any shmuck off the street and turn him into an All-Pro linemen, hence why we pay them with rubber bands and JCPenny $10 gift cards.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You can run rookies on the line if you have veterans that can help them.

Our issue is we have so many guys that are inexperienced, not only do the green players have to worry about THEIR mistakes, but they have to constantly be on the lookout for the guys on the right & left of them making mistakes they might have to cover for. And in so doing, their attention is divided and they make even more mistakes.

So yes, you can put a rookie on the line. You cannot put 4 of them there. And you certainly cannot expect to be successful fielding a line of former TEs, DTs, Basketball players, Accountants, and Pizza Delivery guys.

This is simple stuff about helping people build experience and skill in a new position that ANY college coach likely knows. So I am doubly baffled by why our team repeatedly thinks this is a good idea. Because Carroll is whip-smart, there is no way he does not know this.

Even more frustrating in the assertion by Cable that 'college linemen do not know how to play OL anymore' because we need guys that can do things that college linemen typically cannot. If your system depends on a supply of resources that is in short supply or no supply, you HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM. You do not stubbornly push forward with substandard resources in order to keep the same system.

I am already repeatedly seeing guys blowing blocks in order to get to the second level. Apparently we put a lot of emphasis on this, and it is annoying. The emphasis needs to be on making your first block, because without it guys are being used as turnstyles as people rush to murder our RB or assault in the backfield.

So either we convert to a system that can use the current crop of college linemen available to our draft pick slots, or we quit tossing away average but decent linemen (like the guy that got released and ended right back on another pro-team like the Saints, as an example) because they are not mean and nasty enough. At this point, I would take 'able to do the job' over 'mean and nasty but incompetent'.

Asking Glow to master all this with no support, and likely having to help OTHER rookie OL is way too much.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":156xcb6a said:
I am already repeatedly seeing guys blowing blocks in order to get to the second level.

Hunt did this many times during Sundays game when he wasn't diving at knees. This is what is taught. I'm tired of it personally. But I guess it's the system we have to use to mask the obvious lack of talent to protect our franchise QB.

bighawk

Reaction score
Glowinski has been messing just as long as the rest of them except Britt but all they could see Gilliam or lfedi, and Fant. Glowinski is according to Cable the strongest lineman. He is replaceable as well.

sdog1981

Reaction score
At this point, the checklist looks like this.

Did Cable want that player? If yes he sucks

Has Cable coached that player? If yes he sucks

Cable is the anit-coach.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So we should fire him too, along with both coordinators, the head coach, and Wilson?

Just checking?

sdog1981

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3sffrqsx said:
So we should fire him too, along with both coordinators, the head coach, and Wilson?

Just checking?

Nope, just Bevell and Cable.

from 1997-2011 Cable was fired in 3 years or less. So what do you have to support Cable? You're going to say draft picks? He has had the teams first pick 3 out of the 5 years he has been here. He has had 13 draft picks, including players picked from every round of the draft except the 5th round. He has also had over 30 free agents too. How many more players must he coach before his results are enough for you? Because we are almost at the half-century mark, at which point he would have had almost 10 players per position (LT,LG,C,RG,RT)

Overseasfan

Reaction score
From what I've seen Glow has been our second best linemen next to Britt this season. Not that he's playing all that well but replacing him with someone else probably leads to even worse play at LG.

bighawk

Reaction score
I watch the Cowboys o-line very closely and they do a great job of getting there hands on the d-lineman. I suggested in another thread that he should work on his lower body strength.