Are the Seahawks still the biggest threat to Cowboys?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
The ESPN FIRST TAKE team debates.

[youtube]LJXUQFEKhvw[/youtube]

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
hgwellz12":19zgq1td said:
Synopsis por favor?
Just the screenshot of his face almost made me backhand my laptop screen.

:lol: :mrgreen:
General consensus is yes, Seattle remains the most likely contender to Dallas's NFC Champion aspirations.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Maybe the Giants, they seem to match up pretty well against the Cowboys. Lions also seem to be able to play every team close.

Realistically the Hawks are still the #2 seed and just lost without 4 key starters to a trending team who could very well make the play-offs themselves.

If we lose to Carolina too then it's fair to doubt this team but for now we're still one of the favorites.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I always preface my arguments by saying I love my Seahawks, but for this to be true they need to stop the Jekyll and Hyde shenanigans. I realize teams have ups and downs, but in order to defeat such a complete team, they'll need to put together a complete game, something we've only seen a couple of times this year.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Jesus, all those clowns do is yell at the same time. Only made it through about 1.5 minutes of that..Brutal to try and watch..

NJlargent

Reaction score
Giants are by far their biggest threat. The Giants have had their number in recent years and play extremely well in Dallas. I also think the Giants are a loss away from spiraling though. After the giants I think we are definitely the next biggest threat but I'm not so sure we are that much of a threat. Yes I think we can beat Dallas but i'm not so sure that defense beats offense here because I think their offense is significantly better than our defense. I can see them running all over us and we have difficulty it appears with mobile quarterbacks at least this year. My hope is that when Bennett gets back that really is a catalyst to be a shutdown defense again. If that is the case, then I think we win. But if we remain a bend don't break defense then I don't see it. I really think that game is going to highlight the importance of investing in an offensive line assuming the game happens.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People ask if the team that walked into Foxborough, held Brady to 0 TD 1 INT, and won in November is the biggest threat to win the conference.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Giants By Far

A) Division Rival. Just as the Rams are the Seahawks biggest Threat
b) Eli Manning has yet to be proven that he can be beaten in playoffs

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":30of65d7 said:
Giants By Far

I'm not sold on the Giants, they've barely won their last three games against the Bungles, Bears and Browns, arguably the three worst teams in the NFL right now.

Talk to me in a month after they play the Steelers, Cowboys, Lions and Skins.

This is a very down year for the NFC, the only two very good teams right now in the division are the Cowboys and Hawks.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17duamc6 said:
seahawksny":17duamc6 said:
Giants By Far

I'm not sold on the Giants, they've barely won their last three games against the Bungles, Bears and Browns, arguably the three worst teams in the NFL right now.

Talk to me in a month after they play the Steelers, Cowboys, Lions and Skins.

This is a very down year for the NFC, the only two very good teams right now in the division are the Cowboys and Hawks.

The years they won the Super Bowl 2007, and 2011- They didnt look good either in regular season.
In fact, Eli Manning might be the WORST Qb that will be in the Hall of Fame.

However,

What cannot be ignored is his record in the playoffs those two years, and with decent but not dominating defenses. 8-0 speaks for itself. One of those wins coming in Dallas who like this year, were the # 1 seed.. Also throw in the fact that division games create different teams. The Jets are different against the Pats, Giants vs Dallas. And I dont have to tell you what the Rams play like against the Seahawks

Largent80

Reaction score
I think Eli is the luckiest QB ever.

And Dal-ASS has played well, but are NOT playoff/battle tested.

The Hawks are in the drivers seat primarily because of JS and his smart signings of our defensive core.

I am shaking off the Bucs loss as that fluky type of game, similar to the Rams game.and am hoping Cable get's the o-line back into some sort of form.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":3khkde2k said:
What cannot be ignored is his record in the playoffs those two years, and with decent but not dominating defenses. 8-0 speaks for itself. One of those wins coming in Dallas who like this year, were the # 1 seed.. Also throw in the fact that division games create different teams. The Jets are different against the Pats, Giants vs Dallas. And I dont have to tell you what the Rams play like against the Seahawks

For sure, but I've watched the Giants a couple times this year, and they don't look anywhere near the complete team like the Hawks or Cowboys.

I see a team that has some nice pieces like JPP and OBJ, and a game managing QB. But they have no run game, no compliment WR's to OBJ and the 16th ranked defense.

In fact I'd take the Giants in a heartbeat to be our opponent in the playoffs coming here if we get the #2 seed. They're just another team to me, like the Lions, Vikings, Skins, Falcons, etc..........too many holes to compete for a SB.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10xlgplv said:
Giants are not near the overall team that the Hawks are, especially when the Hawks are on.

Youre Right, but the question is who are the biggest threat to Dallas. Not, who is the better team.

RussB

Reaction score
Overseasfan":33108py8 said:
Maybe the Giants, they seem to match up pretty well against the Cowboys. Lions also seem to be able to play every team close.

Realistically the Hawks are still the #2 seed and just lost without 4 key starters to a trending team who could very well make the play-offs themselves.

If we lose to Carolina too then it's fair to doubt this team but for now we're still one of the favorites.
Agreed. If they lose to carolina which is a mess then its time to get worried.