Bennett and Morgan

Largent80

Reaction score

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think the time off and other guys getting more time will end up helping the defense later in the year. I think they put on a show this week against Carolina with these guys coming back.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I am surprised how much we have missed Morgan. He isn't an amazing playmaker, but he can set the edge and it seems that, especially the last few weeks, opposing teams are bouncing runs outside and picking up solid yardage fairly easily.

sutz

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":9ddw26wh said:
I am surprised how much we have missed Morgan. He isn't an amazing playmaker, but he can set the edge and it seems that, especially the last few weeks, opposing teams are bouncing runs outside and picking up solid yardage fairly easily.
There's a lot to be said for having role player type guys that aren't spectacular, but just do their jobs. Our superstars are great, but unless the basic players do their jobs competently guys like Sherm, Earl, and Kam can't take the chances that result in the spectacular plays we know and love them for.

Yes, we have had trouble setting the edge and closing off the outside runs lately. Morgan might just help with that. And hopefully, Bennett's return will give us back some respectability in our pass rush.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":2fl4abk4 said:
EverydayImRusselin":2fl4abk4 said:
There's a lot to be said for having role player type guys that aren't spectacular, but just do their jobs. Our superstars are great, but unless the basic players do their jobs competently guys like Sherm, Earl, and Kam can't take the chances that result in the spectacular plays we know and love them for.

Yes, we have had trouble setting the edge and closing off the outside runs lately. Morgan might just help with that. And hopefully, Bennett's return will give us back some respectability in our pass rush.
Morgan being fresh after 8 weeks should be a nice boost for the D too; and facing Cam this week, SAM may get a lot of snaps.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mike Morgan isn't activated on the 53 man roster. So when they activate him someone will be released. I'm thinking it may be Jordan Tripp

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawkfan68":29c3ke3b said:
Mike Morgan isn't activated on the 53 man roster. So when they activate him someone will be released. I'm thinking it may be Jordan Tripp
Good guess, he was promoted from the PS when MM went to IR.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":kqg86zuj said:
hawkfan68":kqg86zuj said:
Good guess, he was promoted from the PS when MM went to IR.

If he clears waivers he'll be right back on the P.S.

Polk738

Reaction score
I was going to post something about why we haven't been setting the edge well this season an I wondered if it truly was because of Morgan. I know Pete talked about the SAM not having as big a role this season since Bruce was no longer on the team, I think its much more important than we realize.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1wwsjh8f said:

--
@bcondota
Seahawks today activated LB Mike Morgan off of injured reserve, and put LB Jordan Tripp on IR to make room on 53-man roster.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":bjc5cfav said:

The Seahawks Defensive line I remember was one where no one "bounced runs to the outside"....period!
Furthermore....no one could "run up the gut" on us either!!