Injury updates?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I know Bennett is supposed to be back and possibly Britt(praying hard on this one) but is there any news on Shead and Thomas?
And also, any new injuries? I haven't seen or read anything yet.
Thanks in advance. :)

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2d3e21er said:
I know Bennett is supposed to be back and possibly Britt(praying hard on this one) but is there any news on Shead and Thomas?
And also, any new injuries? I haven't seen or read anything yet.
Thanks in advance. :)

Shead sounds pretty positive from what I have heard. I would put Earl as unlikely to play.

Pope is evidently fighting like mad to be available.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Today is the first day of practice for the week, so my guess is you'll see a lot of those names sitting out today, whether or not they are ready to go, just to get them a little more rest. We will likely hear some news during Pete's press conference after practice today, but Friday's presser and practice reports will be the most telling

EDIT: There's nothing new in this article, but it probably has the most recent updates until Pete's presser later today

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/11/28/seahawks-%E2%80%9Ccounting-%E2%80%9D-michael-bennett-playing-week-and-other-injury-updates-head[/urltargetblank]

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
From presser, Pete said Bennett, Shead, Thomas, and Britt all going to practice today. Typical "we'll see how they make it through the week" coach speak about availability.

Interesting side note: Sowell new starting right tackle.

Edit: Said Pope looks good. Better than expected.
Willson thinks he can play.
So does Moore.

McGruff

Reaction score
jdemps":239y329z said:
From presser, Pete said Bennett, Shead, Thomas, and Britt all going to practice today. Typical "we'll see how they make it through the week" coach speak about availability.

So does Moore.

Not happy about Sowell. Makes no sense to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The way this O looked, and with those Tackles....They should keep Tuku back there to help with blocking, as well as a tight end.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
But if we need to pick up third and one, can we please not hand the ball to Tuku? Thx.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
McGruff":1cb6l99g said:
jdemps":1cb6l99g said:

So does Moore.

Not happy about Sowell. Makes no sense to me.

They're both playing like hot garbage. Seems like the coaches are sniff testing them and choosing who showered more recently.

But seriously, they said they they practiced the line stunts Tampa Bay used extensively during the week and Gilliam still couldn't do more than Olé his defender on the way to getting Russ killed. I don't think that Sowell was any worse, but my armchair quarterback eye still saw those stunts working all day. That said, I don't think any one position was the problem but I think that's more of indictment of the line calls that anything else. I think Britt being out was huge and Joey Hunt is not an NFL caliber center. During the game, I looked like Glowinski was making calls and he's never played center in his life.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
After Gilliam got benched so early in the game, it was reasonably obvious he'd lost the job.. And to a guy (Sow) who hasn't ever even started at RT this season, right?

Let's all hope it's an upgrade and that Sowell excels there.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/804091673068175360[/tweet]

Guessing that only Bennett and Britt play.

With Pete's perpetual rosiness towards injuries, telling when a player is ACTUALLY coming back is like finding the right puzzle piece. If there's any doubt, it's a no. When they're back, you'll know it.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1tvuiecg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/804091673068175360[/tweet]

Guessing that only Bennett and Britt play.

With Pete's perpetual rosiness towards injuries, telling when a player is ACTUALLY coming back is like finding the right puzzle piece. If there's any doubt, it's a no. When they're back, you'll know it.
Michael Bennet was up today for a presser, good reason for optimism he will be back.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sowell is apparently listening to the coach and doing what he is asked, we may think he's weak, but he's apparently beaten out Gilliam which represents a big fall from grace by Gilliam. Sowell beat out Gilliam at LT and has now beaten out Gilliam at RT. Looks to me as if Gilliam is running out of chances here.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2fev4i4v said:
Sowell is apparently listening to the coach and doing what he is asked, we may think he's weak, but he's apparently beaten out Gilliam which represents a big fall from grace by Gilliam. Sowell beat out Gilliam at LT and has now beaten out Gilliam at RT. Looks to me as if Gilliam is running out of chances here.
Agree. But it's scary that the guy who beat out Gill was himself already beaten out by the about rawest possible rookie imaginable.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CyjJ YbUsAAQ0jj

Earl also made it back to full practice. Promising sign. Shead and Pope were limited. Willson and now P-Rich not practicing. Wonder if P-Rich's status could be a demotion from his bad play last week.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Guess who isn't on it.... DangeRussWilson :0190l:

I think this is the first time all year he hasn't been on it.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
LolaRox":2au99k1g said:
Guess who isn't on it.... DangeRussWilson :0190l:

I think this is the first time all year he hasn't been on it.

I'm hoping for some read option formation with a few keepers that leads to play action this week since he's getting more normalized. That would cure some ills on the offense.

byau

Reaction score
From Behind The Lines with Gee Scott (on John Clayton hour 2 on 11/29), Gee said the consensus feeling was that Steven Terrell had an awesome game. And that if Earl can't play against the Panthers, everyone felt comfortable with Terrell at the FS position

Take it as you like, I think that's a good sign that he's good enough to get playing time AND that he's getting playing time