FB Marcell Reece Works Out For Seahawks

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/804084268637048834[/tweet]

UW Alumni Marcell Reece workedout for the Hawks today. He was a pretty dynamic FB when he was with Oakland. Was able to do a lot of things, pretty much a FB/RB/TE hybrid combo.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I was hoping we would check him out a little while ago. Glad they finally decided to kick the tires. Besides being an All Pro FB he was also an excellent back on 3rd downs. Obviously he was released from Oakland for a reason but I'm not convinced he couldn't play a role here in Seattle still.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Reece would be a good addition as he would be a running/receiving threat that Tukuafu is not. Plus he has experience being a lead blocker, etc.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think Tuku not getting those recent 3rd down short yardage conversions has him on the bubble as the team tries to find answers to ignite the running game. If nothing else it's worth know what Reece can deliver.

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3l3x0r8j said:
I think Tuku not getting those recent 3rd down short yardage conversions has him on the bubble as the team tries to find answers to ignite the running game. If nothing else it's worth know what Reece can deliver.

Excellent point about the goalline carries.

Plus I think Pete and Bev miss the fullback outlet that MRob and Coleman provided.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting Reese.He balled all out for some horrible Raider teams

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is much more an H-back TE type then true FB. I think it would replace Luke Wilson.

getnasty

Reaction score
Anyone other Tukuafu, I like that Reese is at least a treat out of the backfield.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Reece, unless he has lost a lot since I less saw him, would be like getting a Jon L. Williams-lite.

He was an absolute weapon as a receiving threat and tremendous at getting big yards after short catches.

Not sure he would supplant Willson, but he would take a few of his targets away. Just put Willson back more as the TE/WR role he plays.

I am fine with that. Getting a FB that is a real threat is great. Not sure if I remember him being a tremendous blocker and I am confused how he fell off so much that Oakland let him go. But worth the risk considering what we have (a DT playing FB?). Might hurt the run game a bit, but then it is already hurting.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Is Reece much of a run blocker though? I don't think he is the tradional FB type where he lead blocks for the RB. I've always thought of him more as a RB/TE combo.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I ran into him at a local store when he was on the team earlier in the season, and Tuku is a monster even without pads.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Reese would be an interesting addition.

I liked seeing Luke at fullback earlier this year. Curious if the team has considered moving Collins to fullback since he doesn't appear to have a future at running back here unless something changes

knownone

Reaction score
As odd as it sounds he'd probably fill the CJ Prosise role, he's a big dynamic receiver out of the backfield... he's never been a great run blocker.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DJrmb":3dkt8082 said:
I was hoping we would check him out a little while ago. Glad they finally decided to kick the tires. Besides being an All Pro FB he was also an excellent back on 3rd downs. Obviously he was released from Oakland for a reason but I'm not convinced he couldn't play a role here in Seattle still.

Michael Robinson was let go by San Francisco for a reason too. A good FB is a good FB. Reece could be a great addition if the price is right.

McGruff

Reaction score
knownone":1xocv5a1 said:
As odd as it sounds he'd probably fill the CJ Prosise role, he's a big dynamic receiver out of the backfield... he's never been a great run blocker.

Neither was Coleman, and it wasn't really MRob's forte either . . .

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawkfan68":olrx3dpx said:
Reece would be a good addition as he would be a running/receiving threat that Tukuafu is not. Plus he has experience being a lead blocker, etc.
no one is a running threat behind this offensive line.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think he has much left in the tank, would be similar to the Jahri Evans signing IMO.

The guy we should have signed was John Kuhn.

EDIT: Didn't realize he's only 31. Thought he was in his mid 30's. He might still be pretty useful.

Largent80

Reaction score
Scraping the barrell now. Just another move by JS to try and keep us ahead of the curve.