Would you trade out Richard for Norton Jr. ?

Would you trade out Richard for Norton Jr. ?

• Yes

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 55.8%

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
This is not an anti-Richard post whatsoever, but I was really curious what many of you think. Obviously our personnel has changed since we won it all and some of our guys are older, but I have seen some sharp .NET members take issue with our inability to get off the field on 3rd and long as well as a few adjustment issues.

I don't follow the Raiders much, but they are certainly balling record wise and I was a fan of Ken Jr. when he was here. Just curious if anyone would trade KR straight up, right now for our old linebackers coach KNJ. (Yes, I know the defense isn't the big problem, just an honest question).

McGruff

Reaction score
Tough question. Short term, yes. Long term, no.

I don't think Norton is a future NFL head coach.

I think Richard absolutely is. In fact, he's probably our future NFL head coach.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Looking at it purely objectively here.

Whilst the Raiders are still a few pieces away from a solid defense, they currently rank

21st in scoring defense (points conceded)
29th in total yards allowed

Richard's defense currently ranks 1st and 7th respectively.

Yes, stats can be twisted to serve most arguments, but I'll stick with Richard for now.

EDIT: A Raider fan friend of mine is forever complaining the defense are the sole point of the Raiders (dwindling) woes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
uncle fester":1qje0e9v said:
Looking at it purely objectively here.

Whilst the Raiders are still a few pieces away from a solid defense, they currently rank

21st in scoring defense (points conceded)
29th in total yards allowed

Richard's defense currently ranks 1st and 7th respectively.

Yes, stats can be twisted to serve most arguments, but I'll stick with Richard for now.

EDIT: A Raider fan friend of mine is forever complaining the defense are the sole point of the Raiders (dwindling) woes.

Good points. While the Raiders are still at the bottom of the defense scale they have improved under Norton Jr. They were worse before he took over.

Richard is doing a good job. He inherited an already top defense. They haven't suffered much under his control but has he improved the defense? Not sure on that. He's done enough to keep them a top 5 defense for sure.

I voted for Richard as he will get better as he gets more experience.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Our defense has been winning games for us the last month. I consider our 3rd down issues to be a combination of injuries (i.e. the lack of Michael Bennett giving us rush up the middle) and excellence in opposing QBs. Two of our last five opposing QBs have been Brees and Brady, and two others (Taylor and Winston) are destined to be around for a while.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why are we constantly talking about people being replaced??

For crying out loud.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3vexr2l8 said:

For crying out loud.

I'd figure you'd be happy it wasn't about He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Seriously though, it's just people talking to pass the time.

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2pqmpiwc said:
Our defense has been winning games for us all season. I consider our 3rd down issues to be a combination of injuries (i.e. the lack of Michael Bennett giving us rush up the middle) and excellence in opposing QBs. Two of our last five opposing QBs have been Brees and Brady, and two others (Taylor and Winston) are destined to be around for a while.
FIFY. ;)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2mfhahsf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2mfhahsf said:

For crying out loud.

This is the thing though, I get labelled as some great big supporter of DB because I push back against all the relentless silliness on here. I am not. I'm just tired of this forum constantly looking for someone to fire, replace or cut.

And it always gets justified as 'letting off steam' or 'passing the time'.

Here's the only justification needed -- we've become a bunch of entitled nob heads who need to reestablish our grip on reality.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2wu62fi3 said:
OkieHawk":2wu62fi3 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2wu62fi3 said:

For crying out loud.

This is the thing though, I get labelled as some great big supporter of DB because I push back against all the relentless silliness on here. I am not. I'm just tired of this forum constantly looking for someone to fire, replace or cut.

Here's the only justification needed -- we've become a bunch of entitled nob heads who need to reestablish our grip on reality.

Nob heads in a British accent is awesome

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
McGruff":m5ihgn6q said:
theENGLISHseahawk":m5ihgn6q said:
OkieHawk":m5ihgn6q said:
theENGLISHseahawk":m5ihgn6q said:

For crying out loud.

Nob heads in a British accent is awesome
True
As to "we've become a bunch of entitled nob heads who need to reestablish our grip on reality" well the odd bloody part is the "re" part ;)

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3gg9xf64 said:

For crying out loud.

That wasn't the intent of the post Rob. I like Kris and I love this defense, I was just curious who a lot of members of .NET that I respect (like yourself tbh), preferred. I was just such a huge Norton Jr. fan when he was here and I remember people wishing he would have been promoted that I was curious if people still felt that way.

I could ask "Who would you rather have: Kuechly or Wagner"? without saying I want to replace Wagner, who is undoubtably my favorite Seahawk. Just wanted to debate the merits of both coaches that I like.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I know Kris's defense had some lapses early in the year but overall I think it's obvious that this year's defense is in fact, better than last years defense. So I will say it's a wait and see thing with him, I'm satisfied with how he's handled the defense overall if not for the somewhat bend and break in the redzone this year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":324ixb5u said:
theENGLISHseahawk":324ixb5u said:

For crying out loud.

That wasn't the intent of the post Rob. I like Kris and I love this defense, I was just curious who a lot of members of .NET that I respect (like yourself tbh), preferred. I was just such a huge Norton Jr. fan when he was here and I remember people wishing he would have been promoted that I was curious if people still felt that way.

I could ask "Who would you rather have: Kuechly or Wagner"? without saying I want to replace Wagner, who is undoubtably my favorite Seahawk. Just wanted to debate the merits of both coaches that I like.

Sorry RJ, wasn't my intention to call you out.

It's just another thread/poll on somebody being replaced irked me. The Seahawks are 7-3-1 and it's all we ever seem to talk about.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2r4mnesv said:

For crying out loud.
Ha Ha I know it's insane right?What they don't get is the next guy may not be better at all.

McGruff

Reaction score
IndyHawk":7iy59v3n said:
theENGLISHseahawk":7iy59v3n said:

For crying out loud.
Ha Ha I know it's insane right?What they don't get is the next guy may not be better at all.

Guys, it was a hypothetical. That is all.

No one here is calling for Richard to be fired.

davidonmi

Reaction score
no.

but if we do, why don't we trade out pete, john, and maybe even paul allen while we're at it