I think we can beat Dallas

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I have been watching the Dallas Philly game. I am convinced that if we are healthy we can beat Dallas. Philly shit the bed otherwise they would be ahead. They pretty much controlled the Dallas except for a few key plays.

RussB

Reaction score
I know they can beat dallas. Hawks arent losing to 2 rookies inthe playoffs.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Stop the run, protect the ball...

The Vikings WERE doing that and the Vikings skill level isn't near the Hawks.

This also assumes the offense is moving the ball and play calling is on point though.

Michael Bennett has the highest run defense score in the league on PFF this year so getting him back and healthy is key.
Sometimes I wish Frank Clark could play inside since Rubin and McDaniels are generally pretty underwhelming.

I think this next draft calls for an inside pash rusher and an inside run defender. Blow up one side of the line and still have overall excellent run defense.

bighawk

Reaction score
I know we can beat dallas no doubt about it. The vikings played them perfectly they just didn't capitalize. Our offense is much more explosive andif we get Prosise back. We need to shore up our run defense as well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I would say, we would have to score 28 points..

Bobblehead

Reaction score
bighawk":36as0hsw said:
I know we can beat dallas no doubt about it. The vikings played them perfectly they just didn't capitalize. Our offense is much more explosive andif we get Prosise back. We need to shore up our run defense as well.

Have we been able to capitalize? Hows are 3rd and .what ever, and how's our red zone offense. See, I think that is a problem.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Of course. We match up well against anyone without a dominant front 4.

The Vikes would give us fits, though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Can we beat both *allas and their zebra's though, that is the million dollar question.

May take a XLVIII like effort if we have to play those 2 teams.

Rog and Deano's henchmen missed a blatant hold on #77 during a 3 and 12 first down scramble that sprung that run deep in Cowboys territory, which more than likely would have forced them to punt instead of scoring a TD later (that's -7) the obvious as hell hands to the face that wasn't called on the 2 PT conversion (potentially +2 for the vikes) Elliot's fumble at the 10 or so yard line that was reversed mysteriously (that's at least +3 for the vikes). Plus another 5 or so blatant calla/missed calls.

That's a lot of points that the zebras either "steered towards" *allas, or "steered away" from the Vikes in those specific 3 calls alone.

Another reason to NOT bet on individual NFL games.

Deano better get his drink on, he's got a lot of 'splainin' to do....

Boycie

Reaction score
Bobblehead":38d8cu1l said:
I would say, we would have to score 28 points..

That shouldn't be a problem.

I look to the NE game. Dallas can put up the points but have a lackluster defense.

We can go run and gun with them, and win, and I have no doubt about that.

Watching them last night didn't impress me at all.

The Vikes played them well, but they didn't have the offensive firepower that we do.

The NFC might go through Dallas, but I'm not scared about that one bit.

Especially if we get the #2 seed.

andyh64000

Reaction score
If we are healthy there isn't any doubt that we could beat them...in fact I think vegas would have us as a slight favorite in Dallas.

ivotuk

Reaction score
On the 2 point try they missed a blatant face mask by Dallas on Sam Bradford. Collinsworth tried to make an excuse for the referee.

Linval Joseph is a run stopping phenom. Overall though, we have a much better defense. Harrison shit the bed a couple of times, ET won't do that.

This team is slower at getting going this year, but I believe it's loaded and that it's about to get much better. Especially with Sowell at RT.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dallas did not impress me last night at all.

If Minnesota had ANY O-line at all, they would have won that game going away. Dallas's dumb luck is going to run out here shortly, they also haven't had any real adversity with injuries or bad calls like the rest of the NFL.

Which is fine, good for them. But IMO what I saw last night was a paper tiger ripe for the picking.

kf3339

Reaction score
After watching the Viking game last night, the only way we would lose to the Dallas is by the extensive efforts of the refs to weight the game in their favor. Unfortunately, that is a real possibility this year.

I believe the league wants them to be relevant again, and may make it a very real option for them in the playoffs. If we do play them at their house we will need to put an absolute stomping on them hard in the first half to leave nothing open to allow the refs to factor in for the final outcome. The best analogy for me would be what happened in the Super Bowl with Denver. We put the hurt on them hard in the first half and the kickoff return for a TD at the start of the third period nailed the door shut. It will take that type of effort to keep the refs out of the game.

Can we do it this year? With our inconsistent offense I'm not sure.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We can definitely win the turnover differential against them. Can't let Dak burn us with his legs like he did against the Vikings. Our defense when fully healthy is a better version of the Vikings and they held them to 17 points last night.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2p4tbrqx said:
We can definitely win the turnover differential against them. Can't let Dak burn us with his legs like he did against the Vikings. Our defense when fully healthy is a better version of the Vikings and they held them to 17 points last night.
And the 17 points is a bit of a misleading stat. A Vikes fumble gave them the ball at the Vikes 10 yard line.
So their offense basically scored 10 points on "their own". 8)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16jwce75 said:
Siouxhawk":16jwce75 said:
And the 17 points is a bit of a misleading stat. A Vikes fumble gave them the ball at the Vikes 10 yard line.
So their offense basically scored 10 points on "their own". 8)
B I N G O

Almost posted this too. 8 yard line.

The Hawks will slaughter 'Allas if they can get that matchup.

Latest posts