One heck of a defensive effort!

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Seven points allowed. Only td after Earl left. I'm impressed. This was well done.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2t9t1su9 said:
Seven points allowed. Only td after Earl left. I'm impressed. This was well done.

Agreed. Great team effort

Polk738

Reaction score
With only allowing 7 tonight that should bring the scoring defense ppg down to 15.6--they may actually lead the league again in scoring defense for a 5th straight year....unreal.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Any conclusive video on whether Terrell had actually touched Ginn at this point? Knee down means nothing if Ginn wasnot been touched prior to ball crossing goal line.

Without proof of "down by contact" prior to ball crossing goal line, it looked like a legit score.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
olyfan63":357vrj93 said:
Any conclusive video on whether Terrell had actually touched Ginn at this point? Knee down means nothing if Ginn wasnot been touched prior to ball crossing goal line.

Without proof of "down by contact" prior to ball crossing goal line, it looked like a legit score.

If not, that is one hell of a photograph! (from a fellow photographer perspective). BOTH of Terrell hands have to be MERE CENTIMETERS from Ginn by the look of that photo.

253hawk

Reaction score
Looks like the fingers on his right and are pressing against Ginn's helmet. Heel of palm possibly on the shoulder pad.

JWAe2OR

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Polk738":30xwakrt said:
With only allowing 7 tonight that should bring the scoring defense ppg down to 15.6--they may actually lead the league again in scoring defense for a 5th straight year....unreal.

Not with Earl out.

McGruff

Reaction score
That image is one of the reasons why we have "officiating problems."

And it's not becuase the image is conclusive. It's because the existence of a still frame image, captured by an unknown photographer, will cause countless fans, bloggers and small minded media members to highlight the supposed ineptitude of officiating.

Any one watching that play at full speed would have called it a TD. And I have seen a video angle yet the proves conclusively otherwise.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
wrong, I thought he was down from my view at the 300 level

253hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3dud6cf9 said:

And it's not becuase the image is conclusive. It's because the existence of a still frame image, captured by an unknown photographer, will cause countless fans, bloggers and small minded media members to highlight the supposed ineptitude of officiating.

Any one watching that play at full speed would have called it a TD. And I have seen a video angle yet the proves conclusively otherwise.

Terrell touches his helmet when the ball is at the 1/2 yard line.

BouncyDismalIchthyosaurs.gif

McGruff

Reaction score
253hawk":33t27idr said:
McGruff":33t27idr said:

Terrell touches his helmet when the ball is at the 1/2 yard line.

BouncyDismalIchthyosaurs.gif

I'm not aayijg it is or isnt. In fact I think it's probably not . . . But if I'm a ref on the field watching it full speed, I'm calling a TD.

And on that and other angles I don't think you can conclusively pull together all the elements of possession, touch, knee anglesllnd endzone.

It's kind of like the Sherman face mask. It wasnt, but it sure looked like it.

I just think there are enough obvious issues that harping on one's that are bang bang judgment calls is petty.

253hawk

Reaction score
Calling it a TD is fine, but all scoring plays are reviewed and the booth blew it on this one, not the refs. It's always better to let a play go for as long as it needs to instead of blowing it dead early. You can take back an entire play, but you can't add to it if the whistle has been blown.