Bennett

Polk738

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many snaps he played tonight? Think I only saw him a handful of times which would make sense since he's coming straight off knee surgery.

Take12

Reaction score
Yup. He had no real impact on defense. Better to let him ease into it rather than get injured again.

Meeker

Reaction score
hgwellz12":lvewvid7 said:
mikeak":lvewvid7 said:
Enough to jump offside once :)

He LINED UP offsides :lol: :cry:

I was SCREAMING at the TV like he would actually hear me and scoot back.

"Well, Bennett's obviously back."

bigtrain21

Reaction score
hgwellz12":tj010kbl said:
mikeak":tj010kbl said:

You can't get away with that unless your name is Gerald McCoy who did that virtually every snap in the Tampa game and it was not called a single time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Definitely more than a handful, I'd say he played a good 20 snaps, if not more.

Didn't make the impact I was hoping for as far as sacks or pressures, but first game back so no worries. Again, no D sacks at all but a LOT of good pressure, they were collapsing the pocket all night.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hgwellz12":x8korori said:
mikeak":x8korori said:

He lined up offsides more than once too. :lol:

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wsfnguwc said:
Definitely more than a handful, I'd say he played a good 20 snaps, if not more.

Didn't make the impact I was hoping for as far as sacks or pressures, but first game back so no worries. Again, no D sacks at all but a LOT of good pressure, they were collapsing the pocket all night.
This. :ditto: Glad he's back, not surprised he didn't "dominate" his first game back.

Hopefully, he's loosened/warmed up now and can have a good game in GB.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
To the folks who said he "didn't impact" the game. What you should say, is he didn't have any sacks or pressures that popped. Although I do remember him tackling a rb in the backfield.

But Mike Bennetts impact goes beyond that. He is the guy everyone else schemes for, doubles etc. So his impact wont always flash, but it's there....now we didn't get home a ton on the pass rush which was a bit surprising. So you can't say the extra attention paid to him, helped out Frank or Cliff or Marsh.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2ui5d44r said:
To the folks who said he "didn't impact" the game. What you should say, is he didn't have any sacks or pressures that popped. Although I do remember him tackling a rb in the backfield.

But Mike Bennetts impact goes beyond that. He is the guy everyone else schemes for, doubles etc. So his impact wont always flash, but it's there....now we didn't get home a ton on the pass rush which was a bit surprising. So you can't say the extra attention paid to him, helped out Frank or Cliff or Marsh.

Only one person said "no real impact." I said "didn't impact as much as I thought he would."

Big difference. Obviously he impacted the game, I just thought we'd see a sack or two against the 3rd string center.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that it seemed that Newton was put in max protection all the time to keep up him, and give more of a downfield play.

cheese22

Reaction score
2 thoughts on this thread.
-although sacks would have been nice, I think the focus was more about staying in their lanes, slowly collapsing the pocket and contain Cam as a runner. I think the defense felt confident in matching up with the wr's so containing Cam was the focus.
-Bennett seems to to very calculating in when he jumps off-side or tries to lineup as close s possible to get the jump on the o-lineman. I've noticed that he almost always jumps off-side when the yards to get are longer than the 5 yards for being early. It's a calculated risk that doesn't demoralize your def by giving away a 1st down. I don't remember the situation last night but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't for a 1st.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":15d7y4av said:
hgwellz12":15d7y4av said:
mikeak":15d7y4av said:

You can't get away with that unless your name is Gerald McCoy who did that virtually every snap in the Tampa game and it was not called a single time.
Oh, you noticed that too?, and did you also see him getting away with off-sides several times in that game....I thought the Refs letting him get away with it over & over again was pretty messed up...Goes to show that not all Officials are created equal.

bighawk

Reaction score
Bennett was a little rusty but I am glad he is back. He will only get stronger and back in football shape.