Quarterback of the defense?

Mindsink

Reaction score
I keep hearing a lot of folks in sports media this morning referring to Earl Thomas as the QB of the defense.

But when Kam went down earlier in the season, wasn't the same said about Kam also? I recall Earl even mentioning that in an interview -- that Kam is responsible for making calls in the secondary and getting guys lined up in the right spots.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think Kam is the LOB QB in terms of getting people lined up.

Earl roams all around and helps cover a LOT of ground, which enables the other three LOB to do their thing more easily.

Bobby is the QB of the LBs and maybe the D line.

McGruff

Reaction score
sc85sis":lhojwxvq said:
I think Kam is the LOB QB in terms of getting people lined up.

Earl roams all around and helps cover a LOT of ground, which enables the other three LOB to do their thing more easily.

Bobby is the QB of the LBs and maybe the D line.

Bobby is smart, and he could do it.

But I'm pretty sure Kam does it all.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Kam is the QB and the true captain of the defense.

ET is more the Walter Jones of the defense. The consummate all-pro whose most important contributions go largely unnoticed by casual fans.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe free safety traditionaly plays that role for the dbs, but whoever is saying this is talking out of their ass. Earl himself has said it was Kam's job. Pretty sure Sherman did too. I think that was during the holdout last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kam is not only the QB of the defense, he's the QB of the entire team when it comes to tone setter and leader EVERY player to a man respects.

Earl is important, but we've seen what this D looks like without Kam, lost and lacking punch.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Kam is it, but it's Earl who as the last line of defense holds it all together.