Jeron Johnson Signed; Farmer Waived

GLio14

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/806262393760161792[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/806262440581156865[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Love both moves. Farmer didn't show much of anything, I surmise he'll wind up back on the PS soon enough.

Largent80

Reaction score
Definitely like the JJ signing. He was a beast for us on special teams and I was bummed when he left.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm kind of "meh" on Johnson, but he has experience in the system and that is important. I don't think it really would have mattered to me who we signed as depth for the DB's, I think we are getting thin in the area and hopefully we can keep our current starters healthy the rest of the way.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fw24q9j7 said:
Love both moves. Farmer didn't show much of anything, I surmise he'll wind up back on the PS soon enough.
3-time Pro Bowler Reece is a simply massive upgrade over Farmer.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Interesting that they waived Farmer and not Tuk.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hawks46":3cbcha3m said:
Farmer was a bandaid for CJ getting hurt. That's the spot where Reece may get his most snaps.

I'm pretty encouraged about Reece, far more so than most any recent one even including Demontre.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Jeron hasn't played all season, wonder what type of shape he is in? Even though he may know the system, I thought we would have looked for someone with tools like Earl.

Largent80

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3ryk7b5w said:
I thought we would have looked for someone with tools like Earl.
A once in a lifetime talent and maybe the best safety EVER. Yeah, those guys are readily available to every team.. :roll:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/806272439953014789[/tweet]

Steven Terrell is the man they plan on finishing the season with. Jeron, fresh legs and experience, can take over special teams duties.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Largent80":31xsoccn said:
Blitzer88":31xsoccn said:
A once in a lifetime talent and maybe the best safety EVER. Yeah, those guys are readily available to every team.. :roll:

I meant someone that has a little more giddy up to them and has at least a shot at potentially covering the ground we need covered in our scheme. Jeron was never known for his speed. Steven at least has the speed to maybe get within the same ballpark as Earl in terms of range. I don't think Jeron has that in him. Don't get me wrong, I always loved Jeron as a played, but if he has to fill in for Steven I am worried.

mikeak

Reaction score
One drop for Farmer was probably to much....... feel a bit sorry for him but hope he can keep working on his craft and succeed

Interesting seeing Spencer Ware succeeding in Kansas - some guys just develop later

sutz

Reaction score
JJ sounds like a decent depth addition for the LoB. I can deal with that. Hopefully he'll be able to contribute on ST and won't be needed on D. ;)

Largent80

Reaction score
Blitzer88":uxuczeag said:
Largent80":uxuczeag said:
Blitzer88":uxuczeag said:

I meant someone that has a little more giddy up to them and has at least a shot at potentially covering the ground we need covered in our scheme. Jeron was never known for his speed. Steven at least has the speed to maybe get within the same ballpark as Earl in terms of range. I don't think Jeron has that in him. Don't get me wrong, I always loved Jeron as a played, but if he has to fill in for Steven I am worried.

NOBODY has that range of Earl. That is why he is who he is. Who do you think is available in December that would be better than JJ to come in here?. The guy KNOWS the system and plays special teams like a demon. It is a great signing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We know Johnson fits in chemistry-wise with the Defense and he has experience here. That may be more valuable than a new young guy who has to start from scratch at this point in the season. Good signing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":ebizgebc said:

Tukuafu is in the concussion protocol. To waive him while injured we'd have to IR him and give him an injury settlement, and the rules there would mean it would be difficult to impossible to bring Tukuafu back this season. Farmer, on the other hand, will likely clear waivers and get re-signed to the Practice Squad. This route gives us the most options moving forward.