CJ Spiller Waived by Jets. Do we pick him up?

LegendKiller

Reaction score
I think Spiller would help greatly as a third down back. Do you think we put in the claim?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Never know... we don't have a 3rd down back right now.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We are not deep at running back but we have Rawls and Poe (who did not look bad). At this point in season I would have to be desperate to go after someone else.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":19lmvm2x said:
We are not deep at running back but we have Rawls and Poe (who did not look bad). At this point in season I would have to be desperate to go after someone else.

Prefer Collins or Spiller? Just curious.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It could be a possibility if/when Tukuafu is back. May depend on how well Reece does between now and then

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I bet they pick him up. Having a procise/spiller type player really added another dimension to the offense. Took a lot of the pressure off the line.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Well he was only released because Prosise came back, so with Prosise hurt again its a definite possibility.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I would love to have him back. He was a direct replacement for Prosise and now he is needed again for that role. It is obvious they have no confidence in Collins, so Spiller would be a great #3 behind Pope and Rawls.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow I doubt the team picks Spiller up. The team had him here and he was let go for a reason beyond the availability of Prosise. I'd be surprised to see him back.

The team would need to cut one of the RBs we have here now and I suspect they don't want to let Collins go so soon and like what they see from Pope.

I could be wrong of course.

Tical21

Reaction score
Pretty sure Reece was signed for this role.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3rpkr0i3 said:
Somehow I doubt the team picks Spiller up. The team had him here and he was let go for a reason beyond the availability of Prosise. I'd be surprised to see him back.

The team would need to cut one of the RBs we have here now and I suspect they don't want to let Collins go so soon and like what they see from Pope.

I could be wrong of course.

Just curious, but what makes you say this ? It was my supposition that they let go of Spiller because Prosise came back and they were redundant, plus Prosise is better between the Tackles.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Lots of teams ahead of us that could use Spiller, Packers, Vikings... ok maybe 2

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
We released him because Prosise was healthy and Rawls was on the verge of coming back. Then we lost Prosise for the season, Pope suffered a high ankle sprain and we know that at any given moment Rawls can get injured for a period of time. Collins is slow and indecisive. I really wanted to give the guy a chance and was rooting for him but he just does nothing with his opportunities. Spiller > Collins. In my opinion, Spiller is also better than Pope due to his veteran experience and his ability as a third down back. Pope is a bit undersized and finding his groove...he should def be ahead of Collins on the depth chart. Just my two cents. I really hope we pick up Spiller.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
LegendKiller":3gxzw82b said:
We released him because Prosise was healthy and Rawls was on the verge of coming back. Then we lost Prosise for the season, Pope suffered a high ankle sprain and we know that at any given moment Rawls can get injured for a period of time. Collins is slow and indecisive. I really wanted to give the guy a chance and was rooting for him but he just does nothing with his opportunities. Spiller > Collins. In my opinion, Spiller is also better than Pope due to his veteran experience and his ability as a third down back. Pope is a bit undersized and finding his groove...he should def be ahead of Collins on the depth chart. Just my two cents. I really hope we pick up Spiller.

ALLADAT! :ditto:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BRING HIM BACK.

I love Prosise but can we honestly depend on the guy in January?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bobblehead":6ais117z said:
Lots of teams ahead of us that could use Spiller, Packers, Vikings... ok maybe 2

The Vikings OL is such a train wreck even Adrian Peterson was rendered useless there earlier this year.

Not to mention they have zero cap room. So don't see Spiller landing there

razor150

Reaction score
Put Tukuafu on IR and sign him. I think Spiller can help the team more than Tukuafu ever could. Just commit to Reece as the FB for the rest of the season, since he is an overall upgrade.

I'd say cut Collins, but we all know that isn't happening.