A team that has all the talent needed to be a superbowl

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Contender, yet underachieves and CONSISTENTLY plays down to inferior opponents needs to take a good hard look at the coaching staff.

Russell has improved every year except this year. A terrible O line and a piss poor O coordinator are hurting this kid and damaging a priceless asset. They are going to David Carr this kid if they aren't careful.

Kris Richard is on over his head. We mortgaged the farm to keep this D intact at the expenses of the O line and the defense has under achieved this year. No Bennett = No pass rush. That's a coaching failure right there. No excuse for the lack of pass rush without 1 guy. The defense is good but no great and most importantly not consistent, That's coaching.

This team used to be fun to watch. The games over the last 2 seasons and hard to watch. They are squandering the young talent they have and its really hard to watch.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Two streaks are going to end today. The Seahawks no losses when wearing the wolf-greys and no losses over 10 pts. This team can't seem to play well on the road this year. Terrible showing by the Seahawks today. This team was outmatched by a depleted GB team.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
It shouldn't be coming to and end with the amount of talent on this team. This lies squarely on Pete and John's shoulders to make the hard decisions and fix their coaching issues.

Hawks46

Reaction score
How are these coaching issues ? Players have to play.

Wilson was comically bad today. Go ahead and add pretty much every WR on the team as well.

I'm only being partially sarcastic when I say that the only coaching issue I see is that they should've pulled Wilson before halftime and played Boykin for a series or two just to let Wilson calm down and get his head on straight.

This game was a mental loss by the players after the 1st quarter. Coaches had nothing to do with it.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Any qb who throws 5 picks in a game won't win any games regardless of talent.

Sent from my HTC 10 via the Coconut Wireless

quneur

Reaction score
1. No pass rush.

2. No protection. RW had very little time all game. Usually when he scrambles he's two or three steps ahead of the defense but today he barely had one. And no, RW wasn't holding the ball too long in this game. When got the ball from center, defenders were immediately in his face. The pocket size was very small all game.

3. No identity in the run game. Rawls played well but outside of him, its a merry go round.

cymatica

Reaction score
quneur":28oasf4c said:
1. No pass rush.

2. No protection. RW had very little time all game. Usually when he scrambles he's two or three steps ahead of the defense but today he barely had one. And no, RW wasn't holding the ball too long in this game. When got the ball from center, defenders were immediately in his face. The pocket size was very small all game.

3. No identity in the run game. Rawls played well but outside of him, its a merry go round.

Wilson had time, he just held on to the ball too long. Yes sometimes he was pressured quick, but way too often he held the ball longer than 3 seconds. Either the routes were too long developing, or gb just jumped all the short stuff. Didn't look like there was much adjustment either.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":11ocuf7n said:
It shouldn't be coming to and end with the amount of talent on this team. This lies squarely on Pete and John's shoulders to make the hard decisions and fix their coaching issues.

These guys are not robots. You can't expect everything to click all the time, every game. We started this season with almost 30% of our roster as rookies. That's the NFL- the salary cap...that's football. This season started as a rebuilding year, and on top of that we have been banged up ALL OVER THE PLACE.

You can't expect consistent results from a team that has had next to zero continuity on its weekly starting roster. Just can't do it.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
quneur":1oeosr93 said:
1. No pass rush.

I'm n my opinion, this post contains only one fact- no pass rush. The latter two points are extremely short sighted or maybe just flat out wrong. #2 especially, just insane. The data will come out regarding protection and pass blocking and my guess is the line was at least average. Russell held the ball beyond the first read on what seemed like every play.

hawk45

Reaction score
When we play a good defense the OL will go back to being the number one problem but today the line wasn't an issue.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawk45":3cz3im0s said:
When we play a good defense the OL will go back to being the number one problem but today the line wasn't an issue.

Thats the scary part, say it with me guys... the LINE wasn't the MAIN issue.

Russell Wilson just had a stinker.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
cymatica":1b1t6ywq said:
quneur":1b1t6ywq said:
1. No pass rush.

Wilson had time, he just held on to the ball too long. Yes sometimes he was pressured quick, but way too often he held the ball longer than 3 seconds. Either the routes were too long developing, or gb just jumped all the short stuff. Didn't look like there was much adjustment either.

The run game was there as well. We got far behind very early.

irocdave

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":8s2dho02 said:
Chukarhawk":8s2dho02 said:

These guys are not robots. You can't expect everything to click all the time, every game. We started this season with almost 30% of our roster as rookies. That's the NFL- the salary cap...that's football. This season started as a rebuilding year, and on top of that we have been banged up ALL OVER THE PLACE.

You can't expect consistent results from a team that has had next to zero continuity on its weekly starting roster. Just can't do it.

When you pay one guy the amount of money RW is being paid, consistent results are expected. RW was horrible today, he missed several wide open receivers in the first half. The 2nd half interceptions were not all his fault but how many of those tipped passes were high? Wilson had another shitty game. He had time in the pocket, his accuracy sucked today and it hurt the team. No question about it, he needs to man up, own it then come back with a great game Thursday. I don't want to hear all the cliché BS from him, I want to hear him own it then see him play better. Dude is making way to much money for the uneven play this year.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
irocdave":3k27o8g6 said:
LoneHawkFan":3k27o8g6 said:
Chukarhawk":3k27o8g6 said:

When you pay one guy the amount of money RW is being paid, consistent results are expected. RW was horrible today, he missed several wide open receivers in the first half. The 2nd half interceptions were not all his fault but how many of those tipped passes were high? Wilson had another shitty game. He had time in the pocket, his accuracy sucked today and it hurt the team. No question about it, he needs to man up, own it then come back with a great game Thursday. I don't want to hear all the cliché BS from him, I want to hear him own it then see him play better. Dude is making way to much money for the uneven play this year.

I like this post. I agree 100%.

I feel like he owned it in the press conference, better be good this Thursday.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
acctingman":1fk6xydy said:
Funny how Russ's play has declined since he got married

Interesting... less focus on football more on baby making. :lol:

kf3339

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":9jrwsefz said:
Contender, yet underachieves and CONSISTENTLY plays down to inferior opponents needs to take a good hard look at the coaching staff.

Russell has improved every year except this year. A terrible O line and a piss poor O coordinator are hurting this kid and damaging a priceless asset. They are going to David Carr this kid if they aren't careful.

Kris Richard is on over his head. We mortgaged the farm to keep this D intact at the expenses of the O line and the defense has under achieved this year. No Bennett = No pass rush. That's a coaching failure right there. No excuse for the lack of pass rush without 1 guy. The defense is good but no great and most importantly not consistent, That's coaching.

This team used to be fun to watch. The games over the last 2 seasons and hard to watch. They are squandering the young talent they have and its really hard to watch.

I have felt the very same thing about your David Carr comment. More than anything this is something that Paul Allen needs to be aware of, and force appropriate changes this offseason. He won't.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kf3339":ooru8bt5 said:
Chukarhawk":ooru8bt5 said:

I have felt the very same thing about your David Carr comment. More than anything this is something that Paul Allen needs to be aware of, and force appropriate changes this offseason. He won't.

And why should he? He pays JS for this. If you think Schneider should be fired and have facts to back it up then put it out there. When Paul Allen starts telling JS what do as a GM then the organization has more problems than what these two posts are overreacting to.

I like David Carr but you know what, this victimization of him is total bullcrap. He had a perfect opportunity in 2007 to turn his career around but he didn't, he sucked. Not only that he still stayed in the league for 10yrs, how many people that played in the NFL can say that (relatively speaking)?

Wilson is not Carr and neither is his situation. Also you know what's worse than having a shitty OLine? Paying a lot of money for a shitty OLine. Ask the Vikings.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3uxsmwan said:
kf3339":3uxsmwan said:
Chukarhawk":3uxsmwan said:

And why should he? He pays JS for this. If you think Schneider should be fired and have facts to back it up then put it out there. When Paul Allen starts telling JS what do as a GM then the organization has more problems than what these two posts are overreacting to.

I like David Carr but you know what, this victimization of him is total bullcrap. He had a perfect opportunity in 2007 to turn his career around but he didn't, he sucked. Not only that he still stayed in the league for 10yrs, how many people that played in the NFL can say that (relatively speaking)?

Wilson is not Carr and neither is his situation. Also you know what's worse than having a shitty OLine? Paying a lot of money for a shitty OLine. Ask the Vikings.

Vikings were just fine with that OL until both starting tackles went down. They were 5-0 before they lost the RT after allrady losing LT for the year. Kalil makes 11 mil and Smith was signed for like 3-4 mil. Seahawks most expensive lineman is freaking Ifedi at 1.5 mil this year....I mean really? The two highest paid linemen TOGETHER for the Seahawks this year are making 2.5 million against the cap.....Its one thing to not spend much on OL but we have taken it to the extreme...and then taken it further past that