Why no pass rush

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe our d-line is just undersized overall. Sure speed is nice, but we need more big bodies up front. Richard Incognito said this himself and they always struggle against good o-lines.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No blitzing either.
Richard's playcalling and scheme were just as bad as the whole team's execution.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
cymatica":rg8jn3yu said:
Maybe our d-line is just undersized overall. Sure speed is nice, but we need more big bodies up front. Richard Incognito said this himself and they always struggle against good o-lines.

Our first big breakdown on D in years and we want to change how we do things. WOW. Our D will be fine. Our offense is what I worry about.

That said we did get NO pass rush on Erin. She had all day to pick us apart. Any rook could have done what she did today. I hope someone could shed some light on why.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ojxgch6 said:
Mike Bennett not 100%?

If the absence of one guy dictates our pass rush, that's a problem. Sacks aren't the end all, be all, but going nearly three weeks without one is pretty sad. And the pressure just isn't there. Gimpy Rodgers had all day to throw. Not a good sign.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We rarely get good pass rush on GB.

Typically I look and see a bunch of holds that go uncalled, but today it looked pretty clean. It was like we were "mush rushing" to keep Rodgers in the pocket.....yet he was gimpy and not a threat to run.

I honestly don't get it. Their OL just owns us recently.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1we3bto8 said:
cymatica":1we3bto8 said:

Our first big breakdown on D in years and we want to change how we do things. WOW. Our D will be fine. Our offense is what I worry about.

That said we did get NO pass rush on Erin. She had all day to pick us apart. Any rook could have done what she did today. I hope someone could shed some light on why.

Not the first big breakdown on defense, and I am refering specifically to the d-line. 1 sack in 3 weeks. You think that is ok? Not to mention the long 3rd downs they have given up all season.

Something has to change, because it is a recurring theme that they get pushed around on grass fields and ground n pound teams. Back in 2013 the line was great, not so much now.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2wp2lw59 said:
cymatica":2wp2lw59 said:

Why do people on forums act like some situations are new when they've been hanging around for a while. We have had trouble rushing the pass rusher for a few years now and our inside defensive lineman aren't very good in rushing or stopping the run. Sack numbers are overrated and do not really show how good a team is at pressuring the QB. As he said GB has a good offensive line in pass pro, straight up and if our line is average our slightly above average in pass rushing that's whats going to happen. Avril has been ok at rushing the passer same with Clark and Bennett is better at stopping the run.

Consistency is important when examining a team, looking at one game or a few games doesn't show a large enough sample size to read a position group.

Overall I just don't think we match up well against the Packers and we somehow can't attack their weakness which is their secondary.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
cymatica":1gbjn7m0 said:
Year of The Hawk":1gbjn7m0 said:
cymatica":1gbjn7m0 said:

Not the first big breakdown on defense, and I am refering specifically to the d-line. 1 sack in 3 weeks. You think that is ok? Not to mention the long 3rd downs they have given up all season.

Something has to change, because it is a recurring theme that they get pushed around on grass fields and ground n pound teams. Back in 2013 the line was great, not so much now.

We were the #1 scoring D until this week. All the other stats are second to that. Yes we could rush the QB better and we have done terribly the past few weeks. Should we change the way we do things? No. We will be fine. Just some adjustments. The rest is overreaction by fans.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2l8qgwpi said:
cymatica":2l8qgwpi said:
Year of The Hawk":2l8qgwpi said:
cymatica":2l8qgwpi said:

We were the #1 scoring D until this week. All the other stats are second to that. Yes we could rush the QB better and we have done terribly the past few weeks. Should we change the way we do things? No. We will be fine. Just some adjustments. The rest is overreaction by fans.

The scoring defense stat doesn't tell you anything about the d-line. If anything, they have the best scoring defense because the back 7 is so good.

Just look at the line, ignore the stats(like has been discussed regarding the o-line). Even in the games with sacks, it's usually not from constant pressure. Seems like theres almost always a relatively clean pocket. And when you compare it to the pocket our qb gets, it's night and day, every single game except maybe the pats game. Literally 90% of the time the opponents qb is given far more time and space than ours.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
GB has a very good OLine and it just got healthy. Not to mention rushing 4 most of the game didn't help.

bighawk

Reaction score
In my opinion guys are rushing for individual stats and not rushing as a team. For example Avril's sacks are for Haiti which is a noble cause but what about setting up each other to get maximizum pressure on the quarterback. Rushing the qb is an art form. Play for each other.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Green bay obviously has the next coming of the Dallas OL

CASeahawk

Reaction score
I believe they were trying to protect Terrell. Blitzing equals man to man. They were relying too much on the front four to get pressure and greenbay was able to scheme better to nuetralize the front four. Every time we are on the vrge of breaking through, we have to change the game plan to accommodate a plater not quite ready or not trusted enough to let the team let loose. Hunt at center was a prime example of this against Tampa. This defensive approach plus short fields put our O in the position to play in a shoot out and unfortunatly Russell shit the bed and had a game that everyone has.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
CASeahawk":2eb104mk said:
I believe they were trying to protect Terrell. Blitzing equals man to man. They were relying too much on the front four to get pressure and greenbay was able to scheme better to nuetralize the front four. Every time we are on the vrge of breaking through, we have to change the game plan to accommodate a plater not quite ready or not trusted enough to let the team let loose. Hunt at center was a prime example of this against Tampa. This defensive approach plus short fields put our O in the position to play in a shoot out and unfortunatly Russell shit the bed and had a game that everyone has.

I think Rodgers is one of he best at burning the blitz.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bobblehead":dn5l8rak said:
CASeahawk":dn5l8rak said:

I think Rodgers is one of he best at burning the blitz.

True. Amazing talent. Should be noted GB's output, including Rodgers', increased as the GB O-Line became healthy. A good O-Line is critical to offensive success, except in Seattle where we thought a scrambling Wilson could compensate for lack of O-Line performance.

Problem is Russ is heavier/slower/ and less sure of himself as we prepare for a playoff run. Our O-Line at its best is mediocre, and at its worst - downright deplorable.

Props to Russ for hanging in there as much as he has. He's paying a mental and physical toll for doing so, though.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I dont know about the entire line, but Bactiari (sp) the dude with the flowing locks, looked like he held on every dang snap.

Seymour

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2nrdic8o said:
cymatica":2nrdic8o said:
Year of The Hawk":2nrdic8o said:
cymatica":2nrdic8o said:

Isn't adjustment another word for change?