Wilson's Last 3 Games - OUCH!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
2 touchdowns vs 8 interception and sacked 12 times with overall QB rating of 58.2

Brutal - though Hawks managed to get one win out of those 3 games.

A 1-2 trend doesn't bode well for playoff time, though.

Hope RW can get back on track starting this Thursday, but the current trend is rather ominous...

Polaris

Reaction score
This is misleading analysis. You are assuming there is a commonality and pattern in the last three games, when as near as I can tell, that isn't the case. What I see are two horrific games (on the road) where the Seahawks have played about as badly in the modern era as we've seen....but in FAIRNESS were also played against teams that in hindsight look a lot better than we all might have thought [and be honest, at the start of the season, I don't think too many people would have been too upset with an L at Lambeau in December]. In between we have a game at home against a talented but underachieving Carolina squad at home....and Seattle plays one of it's best games with NO interceptions that game.

Let's see how the string plays out. I am guessing that Tampa and Green Bay were anomalies.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Polaris":6acsmrbu said:
This is misleading analysis. You are assuming there is a commonality and pattern in the last three games, when as near as I can tell, that isn't the case. What I see are two horrific games (on the road) where the Seahawks have played about as badly in the modern era as we've seen....but in FAIRNESS were also played against teams that in hindsight look a lot better than we all might have thought [and be honest, at the start of the season, I don't think too many people would have been too upset with an L at Lambeau in December]. In between we have a game at home against a talented but underachieving Carolina squad at home....and Seattle plays one of it's best games with NO interceptions that game.

Let's see how the string plays out. I am guessing that Tampa and Green Bay were anomalies.

Didn't RW get one picked against the Panthers? And he only threw for 1 TD. Russ had a strong rushing performance overall but his passing was OK - not spectacular by any means. New England was a great showing for Russ. Carolina was "good enough" and the defense woke up and kicked ass and Rawls and Lockett gave us some big TD plays.

So 2 of the last 3 games for RW have been horrible, and one as far as his QB performance was solid but not great.

A trend? Maybe - maybe not.

We shall see...

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I think its overly presumptuous to think we're going to see. After all, some Seahawk's fans will only be able to listen to the games on their radios.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2q9umsks said:
I think he might be struggling.

Thinking it so is the first step to making it so. -Pete Carroll

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":4cyu2s33 said:
I think its overly presumptuous to think we're going to see. After all, some Seahawk's fans will only be able to listen to the games on their radios.

And thus see the game in their mind - the greatest HD widescreen available.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
My advice to RW: Keep swinging it. Keep throwing the ball. I know he will not repeat the same mistakes. I get annoyed at RW holding on to the ball and getting sacks ... He just needs to throw it and the receivers need to do a better job.
There are at least 3 INTs yesterday, which got assisted by our Receivers. Also, our O-Line needs to give RW a better pocket. Guys need to run better routes.
In Russ I trust.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3u1zew1u said:
My advice to RW: Keep swinging it. Keep throwing the ball. I know he will not repeat the same mistakes. I get annoyed at RW holding on to the ball and getting sacks ... He just needs to throw it and the receivers need to do a better job.
There are at least 3 INTs yesterday, which got assisted by our Receivers. Also, our O-Line needs to give RW a better pocket. Guys need to run better routes.
In Russ I trust.

Russ is a bit frantic these days and I don't blame him. Having a 300+ behemoth crashing down on you multiple times a game week after week will do that to even the bravest of souls.

And yes, half the picks from Sunday were not Russ's fault, it's just that the ones that were happened to be really-really bad and not something you expect to see - repeatedly, from someone who is supposed to be a top-tier QB.

A couple improvements on the O-Line might fix that, but we'll have to wait 'till next season to find that out.

Until then, it's hope and prayers and a bit of luck if we are to very far into the playoffs.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2qxjucn0 said:
In Russ I trust.
Russell was definitely not gun shy yesterday. He looked frustrated after the pinball type interceptions. At times I thought he was trying to gun the ball so it stuck into his receivers facemasks since their hands werent reliable.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Polaris":1j07zyr4 said:

Perhaps. We have 2 out of 3 remaining at home.

And when it's the Hawks, it truly is home sweet home.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3a4zhg7p said:
joeseahawks":3a4zhg7p said:
In Russ I trust.
Russell was definitely not gun shy yesterday. He looked frustrated after the pinball type interceptions. At times I thought he was trying to gun the ball so it stuck into his receivers facemasks since their hands werent reliable.

Yeah, it's a bad day when a receiver of Baldwin's caliber has a ball bouncing off his own face mask. Oof.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3je3kd5i said:
Polaris":3je3kd5i said:

Perhaps. We have 2 out of 3 remaining at home.

And when it's the Hawks, it truly is home sweet home.

And the third might as well be at home. The 9ers have yet to win a game against the Hawks at their new stadium.

evergreen

Reaction score
But we're not just mad at the pix. It's the two missed TDs too. Not to mention the Kearse near td drop. That was a sure 14 pts. It was cold and we're not a cold weather team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
First off, I'm not overly upset we lost at Lambeau. I had us losing that game at the beginning of the year. I also had us winning 11 games, with a ceiling of 13 and a floor of 10. I figured that was going to be good for 3rd seed, but now it could be 2nd pretty easily. That looks probable.

I'm just more upset at the WAY we lost. It wasn't just Russ. Baldwin let an easy one go, Graham was falling down and the one pass that Russ threw at him in the end zone, he didn't even turn around. The entire team got into a funk and that is something I haven't seen from this crew and that is what really bothers me.

Looking back, Wilson typically plays really poorly against GB. I read somewhere his career passer rating vs. GB is somewhere around 61. I don't know if it's scheme, personnel or what, but he craps the bed against them. So it's a trend I don't like to see, but it's there and it's not new.

The thing that should honestly worry us is that Detroit has a tough schedule, playing Dallas, @ Giants and vs. GB.

GB has a relatively easy schedule with Chicago, Minnesota and vs. Detroit. If they win out and Detroit loses two games, they could win that division. Being a division winner, and having the head to head matchup tie breaker, we could be going back ther in the playoffs, and it's not that far fetched.

GB is healthy and playing lights out right now. The way this team looked last week, does anyone think if things go south in the 1st quarter they'd be competitive again ?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ik1eam9 said:
First off, I'm not overly upset we lost at Lambeau. I had us losing that game at the beginning of the year. I also had us winning 11 games, with a ceiling of 13 and a floor of 10. I figured that was going to be good for 3rd seed, but now it could be 2nd pretty easily. That looks probable.

I'm just more upset at the WAY we lost. It wasn't just Russ. Baldwin let an easy one go, Graham was falling down and the one pass that Russ threw at him in the end zone, he didn't even turn around. The entire team got into a funk and that is something I haven't seen from this crew and that is what really bothers me.

Looking back, Wilson typically plays really poorly against GB. I read somewhere his career passer rating vs. GB is somewhere around 61. I don't know if it's scheme, personnel or what, but he craps the bed against them. So it's a trend I don't like to see, but it's there and it's not new.

The thing that should honestly worry us is that Detroit has a tough schedule, playing Dallas, @ Giants and vs. GB.

GB has a relatively easy schedule with Chicago, Minnesota and vs. Detroit. If they win out and Detroit loses two games, they could win that division. Being a division winner, and having the head to head matchup tie breaker, we could be going back ther in the playoffs, and it's not that far fetched.

GB is healthy and playing lights out right now. The way this team looked last week, does anyone think if things go south in the 1st quarter they'd be competitive again ?
Green Bay would have to win out and we'd have to lose 2 of our final 3 to even face the possibility of playing at Lambeau again this season.