Seattle Times: Wilson put worst game of Seahawks behind him?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Interesting to see Bevell standing up for RW and RW's abrupt response to what happened w/those five picks.
First time he's come off a bit defensive.

Might be an angry Russel Wilson we see on Thursday.

Could be fun for Hawks fans - not so much for Rams fans. What few remain.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... fl-career/

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
From the article.

"The loss was the worst he had suffered since he was the starting quarterback at North Carolina State in 2009 and lost a game by the exact same 38-10 score to Virginia Tech. Due to sacks, Wilson lost minus-43 yards rushing in the game and also threw an interception — intriguingly enough, to now Seattle teammate Kam Chancellor."

Hah!

Seafan

Reaction score
His QBR for his last three playoff games are nothing to brag about either. Can't blame this on the OL. Bevell needs to take a lot of the blame.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":n7k2nl9t said:
His QBR for his last three playoff games are nothing to brag about either. Can't blame this on the OL. Bevell needs to take a lot of the blame.
I'd brag about a QBR of over 100, more than 600 combined yards and 5 touchdowns in 2 of the 3 you cited. The other was played in -22 below weather, so not really a favorable passing occasion.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seafan":2lstg6u2 said:

Oh, his QBR in 2 of the last 3 games is horrible.

Would love to see him bounce back big time on Thursday, but he's accumulating a lot of mental scar tissue this season, which makes that kind of bounce back tougher and tougher.

Would actually like to see him play pissed off, barking at the O-Line, pushing his receivers to go hard to the ball, etc.

He does some cheer-leading stuff, but all the great QB's seem to have that occasional volcanic side to them that lights a fire under their teammates when needed.

RW is such a NICE guy, but maybe he needs to get a bit more mean out there?

Then again, he's pulling in 20+ mill per season, so whatever he's been doing to this point has clearly worked out for him...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seafan":21o5793q said:

Why so? I'm not thrilled with Bevell but this is ridiculous. Wilson isn't above any blame. He can also make mistakes, wrong decisions, and execute poorly...why should Bevell take accountability for plays he may have called correctly and Wilson didn't execute correctly? Honestly we don't know what plays are called. We just see the results.

Seafan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1hij92fe said:
Seafan":1hij92fe said:

Why so? I'm not thrilled with Bevell but this is ridiculous. Wilson isn't above any blame. He can also make mistakes, wrong decisions, and execute poorly...why should Bevell take accountability for plays he may have called correctly and Wilson didn't execute correctly? Honestly we don't know what plays are called. We just see the results.

When the running igame s working and it's obvious your QB is having a bad day you should let RW run, let him throw short passes and hand the ball off. That would have been the smart thing to do. I wasn't excusing RW by blaming DB. They are both responsible.

And I meant to say his last four playoff games. 2-2 record with 7 TDs and 8 Ints. It isn't all on Russ.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I like seeing Baldwin call out the offense as a whole there. Yeah you've got a $20M quarterback, but ten other guys need to do their jobs as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seafan":330uqkh4 said:
hawkfan68":330uqkh4 said:
Seafan":330uqkh4 said:

When the running igame s working and it's obvious your QB is having a bad day you should let RW run, let him throw short passes and hand the ball off. That would have been the smart thing to do. I wasn't excusing RW by blaming DB. They are both responsible.

And I meant to say his last four playoff games. 2-2 record with 7 TDs and 8 Ints. It isn't all on Russ.

You correct it's not all on Wilson. But it's not all Bevell either. It's the whole offense. Cable and OL share the blame, so do the receivers, rbs, etc. Was it Bevell or Wilson's fault the receivers all of sudden had hands of stone? Was it their fault Lane forgot how to cover and tackle? They had to abandon the running game because the Packers were scoring on them at will. They would have run more if the game was closer. You can't run when you're down by 18, 25, 28 points.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2aq2oqwa said:
Seafan":2aq2oqwa said:
I'd brag about a QBR of over 100, more than 600 combined yards and 5 touchdowns in 2 of the 3 you cited. The other was played in -22 below weather, so not really a favorable passing occasion.

-22 degrees!!??

Knew it was cold, but that cold?

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":18lgmb4v said:
Seafan":18lgmb4v said:

The Viking game was 3rd all time coldest playoff game in NFL history at -6, NOT -22.

Not that it really matters since either way was damn cold.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/0...-ranks-third-coldest-playoff-game-nfl-history

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2oxqik9g said:
Siouxhawk":2oxqik9g said:
Seafan":2oxqik9g said:

The Viking game was 3rd all time coldest playoff game in NFL history at -6, NOT -22.

Not that it really matters since either way was damn cold.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/0...-ranks-third-coldest-playoff-game-nfl-history
Wind chill, buddy, wind chill. But we can cross that stadium off the list.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seafan":cvqe227k said:
When the running igame s working and it's obvious your QB is having a bad day you should let RW run, let him throw short passes and hand the ball off. That would have been the smart thing to do.

You don't run the ball when you're down 28-3. No head coach in the league is going to do that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Too bad that score got out of hand early, because the running game was working. Rawls was at 5+ a carry.
But, a couple missed passes that were likely TD's early changed the entire feel of the game.
The TEAM had their worst game, not just Russ. I don't worry about him having a short memory.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
More food for thought my amigos; nearly everyone here has complained about too many three & outs shifting a heavy and uneven load onto the Defense, right?......Well this is kind of a tit-for-tat, as early on, our Defense seemed unable to get to Rodgers, or even slow him down, he was making plays on them at will, plus, the Packers Defense was catching all the breaks and coming up with several deflected passes that our Receivers seemed unable to secure, and one take-away, via an uncalled PUSH on JG causing him to slip and go down, the Seahawks Offense was likely forced to abandon any kind of Run Game plan early on.......Had our Receivers caught MOST of those passes, we still might not have won the game, but the score wouldn't have been so lop-sided.......In my opinion, there was a lack of focus, and a lot of misfiring on BOTH sides of the ball.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
The Jimmy Graham fall was not a push. He tripped on his own, good no call, let's be fair.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johnnyfever":22tqspe3 said:
The Jimmy Graham fall was not a push. He tripped on his own, good no call, let's be fair.

Might have been a wee push there, but yeah, those big feet got in the way too.