Why this Thursday Night game is perfect

Largent80

Reaction score
In spite of what Sherm says, this game is just what the doctor ordered for the Hawks after last Sundays performance.

It allows them to get back to work and flush that anomaly down the shitter where it belongs.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":272fw0rs said:
It also gives them a little extra time to prepare for the Christmas Eve game vs Arizona.

I'll be in Little Rock Ark. for that game (travelling to Tenn. for the Holidays). Yeah, while RS is yakking about how bad the NFL is, he's cashing his checks every Monday. I haven't seen squat from him this year that makes me say the things I said 3 years ago about him.

Were playing bad teams to finish the year. It's time for RS to make some plays.

I still think that a quick turn around after a bad loss and being at home is a good thing.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's the Rams game of the year... Fisher or no Fisher.

McGruff

Reaction score
I agree with moving on. The feeling I've gotten this week from numerous radio interviews is that players were pretty much required to review the game on the flight home, and by the time they landed it was time to move on.

No doubt the coaches spent more time in review, but the players just put it in the review mirror.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Largent80":3mew425x said:
FlyingGreg":3mew425x said:
It also gives them a little extra time to prepare for the Christmas Eve game vs Arizona.

I'll be in Little Rock Ark. for that game (travelling to Tenn. for the Holidays). Yeah, while RS is yakking about how bad the NFL is, he's cashing his checks every Monday. I haven't seen squat from him this year that makes me say the things I said 3 years ago about him.

Were playing bad teams to finish the year. It's time for RS to make some plays.[quoute/]

I still think that a quick turn around after a bad loss and being at home is a good thing.

I would have to rewatch the game, but did Sherman even get any throws his way last game? I think it's time for the DLine to show up, and make the opposing QB make some mistakes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The first thing I thought of when that game ended was how happy I was we get to see them back on the field in 4 days. Not a huge fan of Thursday night games, but I agree that this particular one comes at a very good time. Plus 9 days til the Zona game. Nice

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The only thing I can say is that the NFL should schedule the Thursday night games using the teams schedules. If a team is on the road, then so should the other team be. I'm talking East Coast games.

The Rams played at home Sunday, and the Hawks played a later game in G.B.

While that doesn't seem like much, it is if you have travelled. Airports, security and just sitting in a plane are absolutely draining.

Make the playing field even.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Yup. On the way back, they did their normal Monday morning video recap.

That left a day to get a game plan and begin practice.

Hard to understand why the schedule makers can't figure out this simple thing. If they want parity then make schedules parity. I'm not offering up an excuse for a Ram win on Thursday however, those guys were in their own beds by 10 pm while the Hawks were 6 to 8 hours later.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":18692ds3 said:

Hard to understand why the schedule makers can't figure out this simple thing. If they want parity then make schedules parity. I'm not offering up an excuse for a Ram win on Thursday however, those guys were in their own beds by 10 pm while the Hawks were 6 to 8 hours later.
But the Hawks do get to be in their own beds tonight while the Rams are now dealing with the road. I see that as a wash.
Why did they not get back until 1 a.m. Seattle time Sunday anyhow? That game was over about 4:30 p.m. Seattle time and it's only about a 3 1/2 hour flight, right? That leaves 5 hours to deal with the media, shower, get treatment, pack up and eat. You'd think that after a loss like that, they'd want to high tail it out of there ASAP.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Largent80":3i28in2n said:
The only thing I can say is that the NFL should schedule the Thursday night games using the teams schedules. If a team is on the road, then so should the other team be. I'm talking East Coast games.

While that doesn't seem like much, it is if you have travelled. Airports, security and just sitting in a plane are absolutely draining.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NFL players immediately skip lines at airplane and just get on their private jets.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":q2jlf7mt said:
Largent80":q2jlf7mt said:

But the Hawks do get to be in their own beds tonight while the Rams are now dealing with the road. I see that as a wash.

Have you ever traveled?......The Rams simply jaunt up the west coast 21/2 hours. BIG difference from coming from a different time zone and 21/2 more hours of travel. They don't even have to leave until this afternoon while the Hawks are still recovering.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Steve2222":36ilnfxi said:
Largent80":36ilnfxi said:

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NFL players immediately skip lines at airplane and just get on their private jets.

Incorrect. They have a chartered plane but still go through security like the rest of us.

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":16punu6i said:
The first thing I thought of when that game ended was how happy I was we get to see them back on the field in 4 days. Not a huge fan of Thursday night games, but I agree that this particular one comes at a very good time. Plus 9 days til the Zona game. Nice

Not the first thought I had after the game but I too am happy the game is sooner than later to hopefully wash away the stench from the last game. Seahawks and Thanksgiving are generally the only Thursday games I catch. The rest I read about the next day.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2j60evk4 said:
Siouxhawk":2j60evk4 said:
Largent80":2j60evk4 said:

Have you ever traveled?......The Rams simply jaunt up the west coast 21/2 hours. BIG difference from coming from a different time zone and 21/2 more hours of travel. They don't even have to leave until this afternoon while the Hawks are still recovering.
See, I don't follow this when they're coming back from a time zone 2 hours east, where they actually gain 2 hours coming home. Besides, they were only there 2 days, so their biological clocks weren't offset that much.
And this has nothing to do with it being a Thursday game. I understand why players grumble about that. Just saying I don't see much of an advantage to the Rams in this instance and I still don't understand why the Hawks got back at 1. Did they take a tour of the Christmas lights in Green Bay before they departed?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":11wjbt2z said:
Largent80":11wjbt2z said:
Siouxhawk":11wjbt2z said:
Largent80":11wjbt2z said:

Did they take a tour of the Christmas lights in Green Bay before they departed?

Yes, they did, they drove all the way around the Great Lakes.... :roll:

All I can say that after travelling the world as a member of a musical group, that travel definitely has an impact on the body, and mind as well. You can poo-poo it or accept it if you want. I'm not going to try and convince anyone that has their mind made up already.

Just to say, whoever is in charge of scheduling Thursday games need to take travel into consideration.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Alright, Im gonna be positive, Im gonna be confident, cause thats when we played our best football. When I was calling out people left and right about chalking NE up as a loss. SO this team NEEDS me to be confident, positive even a little cocky. And i'm willing to do that.

We're gonna blow the damn doors off the rams. They have quit on the year. They usually get up for us, but having the coach fired on a short week is even too much for them to handle.

Our oline as weak as it is, it's strength is guard to guard. So our big C Britt and a combo of Ifedi and Glow will "manage" Aaron Donald. Plus Russ is mobile again.

Put if on the board!!!!!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2m28ru8j said:
Alright, Im gonna be positive, Im gonna be confident, cause thats when we played our best football. When I was calling out people left and right about chalking NE up as a loss. SO this team NEEDS me to be confident, positive even a little cocky. And i'm willing to do that.

We're gonna blow the damn doors off the rams. They have quit on the year. They usually get up for us, but having the coach fired on a short week is even too much for them to handle.

Our oline as weak as it is, it's strength is guard to guard. So our big C Britt and a combo of Ifedi and Glow will "manage" Aaron Donald. Plus Russ is mobile again.

Put it on the board!!!!!

I'm with ya. I think we are going to kick their asses .

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I read that in RW's time the Seahawks have never lost 2 games in a row after October. And (for whatever-all reasons) while the Hawks are averaging just 14.7 PPG on the road, it is 28.8 at CLink.

While temps will be unfortunate, the Hawks have plenty to play for and a Rams win is IMO very unlikely.