How does an NFL team have 5 false starts?

King Dog

Reaction score
Look, I didn't play college or in the pros obviously, but I seem to remember buttoning up these problems in Jr High. This is a real problem. We were playing at home even. Holy smokes. Drive killers. Very disappointed in Cable.

Great win though. We broke the Kearse :)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
King Dog":2qs15thg said:
Look, I didn't play college or in the pros obviously, but I seem to remember buttoning up these problems in Jr High. This is a real problem. We were playing at home even. Holy smokes. Drive killers. Very disappointed in Cable.

Great win though. We broke the Kearse :)

It's not going to change, I've been talking about this for years, the coaches just don't care about that aspect of the team. I doubt it changes anytime soon.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
They were getting killed in the 1-1 matchups. Getting jumpy looking for an edge seems most likely.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the offense believes they have to keep pace with our defensive off sides.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2pouglhk said:
I think the offense believes they have to keep pace with our defensive off sides.

Yep, those are just as frustrating.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2t9reb8u said:
They were getting killed in the 1-1 matchups. Getting jumpy looking for an edge seems most likely.

THIS. Our guys are smaller and need a speed/jump advantage or we have far less chance to pressure the QB.

See: Green Bay game.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawker84":3avjtubf said:
Comes with a head coach who doesn't coach discipline or cares about the lack of it.

Oohhh.

Not sure I'd go that far. Pete has a loose style, but it seems to get the guys playing hard for the most part. You ever check out their Carroll training camps with the music booming, guys playing grab ass, etc?

Looks like total chaos, but it seems to work for this team. When scrimmage comes around, they go at each other hard.

Now if they were out of the playoffs already, I'd be more willing to consider Pete's way is too apathetic toward discipline but hard to say that given the results the past 5 seasons.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We were playing in Seattle. You know crowd noise and all that getting false starts. Wait a minute, isn't that supposed to work against the other team...................

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Should have only been four.

Pete trains his players to play on the edge, and that means we will get a few more of these than other teams. It's one of the reasons we are perpetually leading the league in penalties

The only one that really bothers me is when Bennet lines up in the neutral zone. They fix that in Pop Warner

hawker84

Reaction score
semiahmoo":xrdr6et3 said:
hawker84":xrdr6et3 said:
Comes with a head coach who doesn't coach discipline or cares about the lack of it.

Oohhh.

Not sure I'd go that far. Pete has a loose style, but it seems to get the guys playing hard for the most part. You ever check out their Carroll training camps with the music booming, guys playing grab ass, etc?

Looks like total chaos, but it seems to work for this team. When scrimmage comes around, they go at each other hard.

Now if they were out of the playoffs already, I'd be more willing to consider Pete's way is too apathetic toward discipline but hard to say that given the results the past 5 seasons.

Results last 5 seasons?

Who's talking about wins and losses, I'm talking about the number of costly dead ball penalties that kills drives every game for the last 5 seasons? what do we average 2/3 unsportsmanlike penalties a game? Fortunately enough for us, our teams have been good enough to overcome them most of the time.

IMO, the drive killing and drive extending dead ball penalties for the opposition are getting old. Not to mention the delay of games, or having to use a time out to avoid delay of games, because we can't get the right personnel on the field, the mismanagement of the clock in 2 minute drills or at the end of games, the stupid waste of timeouts damn near every game. How many 12 men in the huddle penalties do we have this season? I could go on..... Last time I checked this team has a SB winning coach and a handful of seasoned vets (including our superstar qb) and we're still picking up these kind of penalties on a weekly basis?

Redsand187

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2g5odwpb said:
Yeah they cancel each other out right? The ball moves the opposite way so I'm sure that math works out. :mrgreen:

luigi_sal

Reaction score
Maybe it would be time to change of OL coach...and to draft a tackle with our 1st round pick. Maybe even another in the second