Did Lockett leap Kearse on the depth chart last night?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
One thing I noticed last night was Lockett was playing opposite ADB a lot more in 2-WR sets. Then this stat from Kapadia somewhat confirmed what I had been watching.

When throwing outside the numbers, Russell Wilson completed 13 of 15 passes for 169 yards and three touchdowns Thursday, according to ESPN Stats & Information. All seven of Tyler Lockett's receptions (130 yards) came outside the numbers. The Seahawks went to Lockett in place of Jermaine Kearse in 2-WR sets, and the second-year player produced.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 93530945-4

If so, I'm pretty excited about him as a starter. And I wouldn't be surprised if Jermaine Kearse is fighting for a roster spot in 2017. We have to address WR this offseason, no two ways about it.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Its about time. Kearse has made some big plays for us in the past but he's a one trick pony. I think we all saw last night what kind of deep threat Lockett can be in this offense.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, at the post game presser Pete said they wanted more looks with Lockett now that he's healthy. He's definitely a threat and with a break or two can take it to the house.

I love Kearse and all that, but if a guy like Lockett steps up he'll get the job.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":htxx3i1j said:
One thing I noticed last night was Lockett was playing opposite ADB a lot more in 2-WR sets. Then this stat from Kapadia somewhat confirmed what I had been watching.

When throwing outside the numbers, Russell Wilson completed 13 of 15 passes for 169 yards and three touchdowns Thursday, according to ESPN Stats & Information. All seven of Tyler Lockett's receptions (130 yards) came outside the numbers. The Seahawks went to Lockett in place of Jermaine Kearse in 2-WR sets, and the second-year player produced.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 93530945-4

If so, I'm pretty excited about him as a starter. And I wouldn't be surprised if Jermaine Kearse is fighting for a roster spot in 2017. We have to address WR this offseason, no two ways about it.

Yes, among many-many other things.

Lockett deserves the bump. Guy is playing great for us.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The way I remember Lockett's TD, it worked because of how Kearse drew the free safety out of the play. It was a good TD by both of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I sure hope so.

Less Kearse and more of everyone else, anyone else.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ngigubvn said:
I sure hope so.

Less Kearse and more of everyone else, anyone else.

It would appear there is still too much of him. Look at Russ's one pick, in the red zone. Guess who? (0 for 12 now?)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Did someone Kearse? Shame on them.

Lockett has leap frogged kearse. But Lockett had more potential to begin with than Kearse. Kearse is at his ceiling while Lockett could even surpass Baldwin as his career progresses.

It's time to look at Tanner McEvoy or Kasen Williams to get more PT. Both are big WR and are willing to do what Kearse does. They seem to have better hands than Kearse too. While Kearse makes the big play, its the many small plays he fails to make that hurt the team the most. The thing with Kearse is, what seems to happen with many players, he signs a big contract and now complacency sets in. He's got nothing to prove, he got his payday. His play has regressed this season. Jeremy Lane is doing the same thing on the defensive side. Both Lane and Kearse need to be replaced as they have had played poorly this season.

MrThortan

Reaction score
7 catches for 130yds 18.6 avg 1TD. Lockett had quite the game. I don't know how much Kearse makes, but I don't have a problem with him on the team if Lockett is ahead of him on the depth chart. Depends on pay though I guess.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":1urart8c said:
7 catches for 130yds 18.6 avg 1TD. Lockett had quite the game. I don't know how much Kearse makes, but I don't have a problem with him on the team if Lockett is ahead of him on the depth chart. Depends on pay though I guess.

Amount a player makes should never dictate who is on the field and who starts. Its all about competition.

Seymour

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3q44mfjp said:
MrThortan":3q44mfjp said:

Amount a player makes should never dictate who is on the field and who starts. Its all about competition.

He's not saying he should be on the field, he said he wouldn't mind keeping him on the roster.

Kearse makes $4.5M per year average on 3 year deal.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ON that 50 yard reception, he had beat the guy so bad, that he had to wait there for the ball to get to him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They were hating for Lockett to be fully healthy. They had to be, it's the only viable explanation why it took this long.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I believe I read here that kearse is super cheap next year (like 500,000) , but way too expensive in 2018. If this is true, I highly doubt he gets cut just from a depth perspective. Losing the starter spot might re invigorate his hunger. He has made some pretty clutch plays in the past, has great team relations and knows the system like the back of his hand. On the downside he drops pedestrian catches, especially lately. He might find an NFL team that will pay him, but if he stays cheap enough I see him staying here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I could be wrong as well but I think it's only worth 500,000 if we cut him. I think we are paying him 4 million next year.