Could Gus Bradley come back home?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'd prefer him over Richards, but Carroll is loyal to his subjects to a fault and doubt he would ever do that, unless it was a move made by Richards himself.

White Devil

Reaction score
why?

When they hired Gus they thought they were getting the Seahawks Defense.

The Seahawks Defense belongs to two people.

Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see no difference between Richard and Bradley, now bringing back Quinn a definite yes.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If Pete had desired to keep Gus bad enough then Uncle Paul would have happily paid for that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It could be like Alabama with two OC/HC types on the staff just to have an extra set of eyes.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I like Richard, so not to take the DC job.

But as an extra guy on the staff helping out - definitely. Gus is a solid defensive mind, energetic, and players like him.

I think he could also build a really nice career as a college coach, working from DC to HC.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":3dll4ix0 said:
I see no difference between Richard and Bradley, now bringing back Quinn a definite yes.

15 % fewer soft zone with Richard.

22% more blitzing with Richard.

misfit

Reaction score
please God no.

this isn't Dan quinn were talking about

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":12705oym said:
If Pete had desired to keep Gus bad enough then Uncle Paul would have happily paid for that.

That's not a Pete move. He's very active in trying to give his assistants all they need to move up.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
So thankful to see similar reactions to my own posted in here. Gus Bradley and the constant 3rd & Long conversions our defense would give up drove me crazy. Sure, Richard hasn't been the best in this area either, but at best, this would be a lateral move. As has been stated, I want Dan Quinn back, but that just isn't going to happen IMO....at least not any time soon.

Steve2222

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1lge3bvi said:

How many assistant coaches make head coach money?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Steve2222":c4b0cw53 said:
LeftHandSmoke":c4b0cw53 said:

How many assistant coaches make head coach money?
That's a great question.

I have wondered too but couldn't find those salaries posted anywhere. Am assuming there are no limits, rules-wise, but perhaps a guy like gazillionaire Uncle Paul is careful to not distort the marketplace too badly - out of gentlemanly respect to the other owners. That, or there really are owner-abiding coach-salary limits we just aren't privvy to, them not being part of the CBA?

Mojambo

Reaction score
Love to have him back in some kind of advisory quality control role.

He's a really good dude, and a fine coach.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No, not unless Richard gets a head coaching gig, which seems very unlikely at this point.

If I could swap out Bradley for Richard I'd do it though, as I think he'd did a fantastic job here and helped build the greatest defense in franchise history.

But that's not how Pete rolls, he stays loyal to his current guys.

I guarantee you Bradley will get snatched up quickly by another team, he's a very good D coordinator. But no, not here.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Gus was never a good DC. He rode Petes scheme and personel to a top defense, if anything Gus held the defense back. Quinn came in and improved the defense. In Jacksonville he tried to bring in every Seattle castoff to replicate our defense, it worked terribly.

When he was hired away, I was happy, I knew he was going to amount to nothing as a HC.