This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Arizona Cardinals

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Such a strange league.

When the schedule came out, I had this game vs AZ pegged as the NFC West winner takes all.

They are not even eligible for the playoffs now...

12thbrah

Reaction score
I think we roll again this week. We still got home field to play for. The Cardinals got nuthin.

RussB

Reaction score
12thbrah":1147gqmi said:
I think we roll again this week. We still got home field to play for. The Cardinals got nuthin.
They might be fired up just to do the opposite and try to prevent a #2 seed.

byau

Reaction score
Clicked over and read a few threads, no talk about the Seahawks, all talk about the coming offseason, the coaching situation, etc.

Mostly intelligent and realistic conversation about what went wrong this season, Robert Nkemdiche, Todd Bowles vs. Bruce Arians, their scouting staff, etc. etc. and even one interesting idea of picking up Gus Bradley as a new DC.

Definitely a different feel for this game than what I expected or I imagine anyone expected in both fanbases, considering they won the NFC West last year, and then came back healthy, and on paper had a great offseason.

If you think about it, the 49ers were the great rivals but fell off huge last season. Seemed like the Cards were poised to step in and definitely put it to us last season. It's just very strange how things went down in the NFC West this season

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
byau":3jlk0q4y said:
Clicked over and read a few threads, no talk about the Seahawks, all talk about the coming offseason, the coaching situation, etc.

Mostly intelligent and realistic conversation about what went wrong this season, Robert Nkemdiche, Todd Bowles vs. Bruce Arians, their scouting staff, etc. etc. and even one interesting idea of picking up Gus Bradley as a new DC.

Definitely a different feel for this game than what I expected or I imagine anyone expected in both fanbases, considering they won the NFC West last year, and then came back healthy, and on paper had a great offseason.

If you think about it, the 49ers were the great rivals but fell off huge last season. Seemed like the Cards were poised to step in and definitely put it to us last season. It's just very strange how things went down in the NFC West this season

That is what makes what the Seahawks have been doing the past 4-5 years more special. It is hard to be at or near the top consistently. Just look at the two Super Bowl teams from last year to see how hard it is. Many on this forum don't realize how hard it is to be a top tier team year in and year out.

This game does not have the feel of what we expected before season began.

Do you think the Cards will show up or just mail it in? Is there much strife going on in the locker room (see Denver)?

We will be at home and have something to play for so I feel we will show up.

byau

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1boqbzsl said:
Do you think the Cards will show up or just mail it in? Is there much strife going on in the locker room (see Denver)?

We will be at home and have something to play for so I feel we will show up.

We have the #2 seed to play for. So the Seahawks will be coming out firing.

For the Cards, I would be almost nervous because when a team has nothing to lose but play spoiler and prove they are something, I think they will want to come out and look to break bodies. And I think under most circumstances that team would come out firing. But I have to think Arians message is wearing thin and his continous throwing others under the bus. That was one of the threads when Bowles took on complete responsbility for his side of things and Arians doesn't seem to.

So my guess it the Cards play for a half, see how it goes, and then mail it in.

hawker84

Reaction score
Why anyone would think we're going to roll over any team at this point after what we've seen this season is baffling to me. Do I think we should win, yes. Are we the better team on paper? Yes. Do we play up or down to our opponents, just about every week. I think we win, another close one.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Our defense will give your offense the confidence that you guys can roll all the way to the Superbowl. Not looking forward to this game outside of our young players getting some reps against a playoff caliber team.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
From the game prediction thread on the Cardinals board:

"Have absolutely owned the Seahawks in Seattle, and there's no reason to suspect that this year will be any different than any other year.

When you consider that the Seahawks have the worst offensive line in the NFL, have no rushing game -- aside from a fake punt, they averaged less than two yards a rush against the pathetic LA Rams. Russell Wilson is merely a game manager, and their team is in disarray, with Richard Sherman being openly critical of the coaching.

On the other hand the Cardinals, despite having a run of bad luck and some obviously biased referees working their games, have the best defense in the NFL, the best running back in the NFL, the best cornerback in the NFL, the best safety in the NFL, the leading receiver in the NFL, a top-5 NFL coach, and a top-10 NFL quarterback.

Look for the Cardinals to take out their season of frustrations on the hapless Seahawks and get a measure of revenge for previous 58-0, 36-6, and 35-6 debacles

-- Arizona 45, Seattle 0."

:roll:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hahah beat me to this. Wow what is that idiot smoking?

ballard1951

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":g7sy2q7c said:

-- Arizona 45, Seattle 0." :roll:

That was funny. I think we will win out, and lose to Dallas in the Championship game. I cannot see us beating them.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ballard1951":221xf4ko said:
DYLcurry59":221xf4ko said:

-- Arizona 45, Seattle 0." :roll:

That was funny. I think we will win out, and lose to Dallas in the Championship game. I cannot see us beating them.
It's hard to see it from Norway..

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
12thbrah":3h5u5pn2 said:

I wouldn't say "nuthin". The players, and their fans, would love nothing more at this point but to play spoiler and try to ruin our #2 seed. They have nothing to lose and seeing as that is all they have to play for, look for a physical game against their most hated team (by far). They are not going to (well, intentionally anyways) lay down for us. Beating us at the Clink and ruining our day and possibly our whole season? Hell yeah! Situations reversed, I would be looking forward to us ruining their day for sure! This game is not a gimme. They're probably gonna empty the playbook on us, tricks included. So hopefully Pete has our boys prepared for a heavy dose of unpredictable. The same goes for the following week against the Niners... Laugh if you will, but we've seen our o-line in action. It could happen. :|

Maulbert

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":2ku4eqdo said:
On the other hand the Cardinals, despite having a run of bad luck and some obviously biased referees working their games, have the best defense in the NFL, the best running back in the NFL, the best cornerback in the NFL, the best safety in the NFL, the leading receiver in the NFL, a top-5 NFL coach, and a top-10 NFL quarterback.

According to that, the Cards must be 14-0. Is that Pete Prisco?

Whatta homer.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Maulbert":3r9or3qb said:
DYLcurry59":3r9or3qb said:

Whatta homer.

Didn't know one could actually SEE through glasses that rose-colored.... sheesh. :roll: Rah frickin' Rah DYLcurry59. Lmao!

Maulbert

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1c8ipebf said:
Maulbert":1c8ipebf said:
DYLcurry59":1c8ipebf said:

Whatta homer.

Didn't know one could actually SEE through glasses that rose-colored.... sheesh. :roll: Rah frickin' Rah DYLcurry59. Lmao!

I didn't quote that very well DYLcurry59 is a Hawks fan that found that manure on a Cards forum.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I think that its critical that the Seahawks play smart football in this rematch and not let their defenses down for a second. The Arizona Cardinals would love nothing more than to throw a wrench in the Seahawks home field advantage chances throughout the playoffs.

The way that things have gone this year, home field advantage has been super important to the Seahawks, although I think they are on a run right now that will carry them through road games if that is where they need to go to get to the Super Bowl.

If any team on our current agenda can give us troubles, it's the Cardinals. I hate to say it but the Zebra's had a lot of influence on our last meeting and could on this one as well. Being at home doesn't seem to matter much when some of these refereeing crews come to Seattle with an agenda other than Seattle's.

If we get a fairly refereed game, I think that Seattle has the wind at it's back and will put the Cardinals away for the year and leave them feeling it through to next season. Rawls will get his run game going and Russell will hook up more consistently with his receivers. Our defense will be our real shining star in this game, with sacks, turnovers, and likely score a few points themselves.

Seattle 37
Arizona 17

Go Seahawks !

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1k5iwavw said:
I'd love to see another 58-0 shellacking of the Cardinals like we did in 2012.
I was at that game, it was amazing!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk