AZ game

Hawks46

Reaction score
I didn't get to see anything but the highlights of the AZ/NO game, but it looked like NO hit a few shots deep with Cooks.

Lockett is similar athletically. Is there something here ?

Typically our TE's are the ones killing AZ. They still don't have enough good cover LBers, and Willson has had career games against them. No reason to think Graham won't either, but I'd love to see Lockett take the top off of that D.

Anyone see that AZ/NO game that has good insight ?

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":2i54mc8i said:
I watched that whole game and there was zero defense from either team.

So what you're saying is that we're going to score 11 points against AZ ?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Prior to the game vs. the Saints, they were saying that the Cards were one of the better teams in points allowed, And #10 in offense. Should be a good battle on Saturday.

Hawks 27-20

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks46":3axkpk5n said:
Largent80":3axkpk5n said:
I watched that whole game and there was zero defense from either team.

So what you're saying is that we're going to score 11 points against AZ ?

What it says to me is that predicting outcomes in the league from week to week is an exercise in futility.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I think Brees is a better down field passer that RW right now.

Locket and cooks are the same guy. Similar size and height. BC was motoring in full stride and brees' balls were more of a line drive than loft.

I think that is the key to the saints fortunes and woes. When in rhythm brees puts the ball where the receiver turns at the top of the route and it's there. Payton has a fascination with sideline screens that ruins drives but otherwise it's all to timing.

The Hawks connections aren't so well developed with the receivers have to wait on the ball for a couple of Mississippi s some times. Brees throws to a space to be occupied by a receiver, RW sees a receiver then throws most times.

The cardinals had a tough time adjusting and brees found his rhythm. Does always happen but when it does it's not really defensible.

Hawks owned nola in 2013 because the hits at los disrupted the timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is Arizona's SB on Saturday night..............anyone hoping for a blowout should temper their excitement.

I expect a 60 minute dogfight, and our offense better score some damn points this time around.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ctkl2qbk said:
This is Arizona's SB on Saturday night..............anyone hoping for a blowout should temper their excitement.

I expect a 60 minute dogfight, and our offense better score some damn points this time around.

Eh I don't think so. I think we will see a defeated, unenthusiastic team playing away from home on Christmas Eve. This isn't the Rams. A team with zero Super Bowl aspirations with their main goal to knock off the Seahawks. This is the Cardinals. A team that was hoping to reach the Super Bowl to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 44-13 type score.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":29c834f4 said:
Sgt. Largent":29c834f4 said:

Eh I don't think so. I think we will see a defeated, unenthusiastic team playing away from home on Christmas Eve. This isn't the Rams. A team with zero Super Bowl aspirations with their main goal to knock off the Seahawks. This is the Cardinals. A team that was hoping to reach the Super Bowl to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 44-13 type score.

Look at the Cardinals scores, other than the Falcons game they haven't been blown out or quit in any of their games............even knowing they're probably not making the playoffs.

Add in the fact that they hate our guts, and I don't think they're laying down Saturday night.

Believe me, I hope you're right, but I think we're in for a close one.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^
Their GM has already repeated himself a couple times that AZ players are now auditioning for future jobs.

LeftHandSmoke":19u491ce said:
Cardinals: Tharold Simon Cut, Harlan Miller Promoted
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-eve ... 7b7ffba229

So Arians decided Tharold wasn't the answer to step up and fill in for Marcus Cooper. It's too bad. There probably is no one more disappointed than Simon. His window sure looks to be closing.

Perhaps Richard Sherman was incorrect in his assessment of Tharold Simon. :229031_shrug:

Seahawks Cornerback Tharold Simon: 2016 Is “Definitely A Make Or Break Year For Me” >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/08/02/seahawks-cornerback-tharold-simon-2016-%E2%80%9Cdefinitely-make-or-break-year-me%E2%80%9D[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/810931588238184448[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The way Jeremy Lane has been playing lately...it wouldn't be bad to give Simon another shot. Not as a starter but maybe for depth behind Shead or Sherman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2h6ekfng said:
The way Jeremy Lane has been playing lately...it wouldn't be bad to give Simon another shot. Not as a starter but maybe for depth behind Shead or Sherman.

Simon would trip walking through the facility door, break his hand and be on IR before the first snap Saturday night.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gkkxyhw said:
hawkfan68":1gkkxyhw said:

Simon would trip walking through the facility door, break his hand and be on IR before the first practice.

Fi Fy....he he he :stirthepot: :rumble:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1u1ren0v said:
hawkfan68":1u1ren0v said:

Simon would trip walking through the facility door, break his hand and be on IR before the first snap Saturday night.

haha...quite true. But even one-handed he would be more useful than what Lane has been doing healthy recently. Lane needs to pick it up. Biggest disappointment in the secondary. Playing much like Cary Williams did last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2drq5qyy said:
Sgt. Largent":2drq5qyy said:
hawkfan68":2drq5qyy said:

haha...quite true. But even one-handed he would be more useful than what Lane has been doing healthy recently. Lane needs to pick it up. Biggest disappointment in the secondary. Playing much like Cary Williams did last year.

Pump the brakes, Williams was arguably the worst free agent pickup ever.

Lane hasn't been his usual consistent nickel corner for sure, but he's had some good games..........and Simon isn't anywhere near the dependable DB that Lane is, that's why he's now been cut twice.

Remember SB 49 when Lane went down and Brady abused Simon like a red headed stepchild?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3czsgm7o said:
hawkfan68":3czsgm7o said:
Sgt. Largent":3czsgm7o said:
hawkfan68":3czsgm7o said:

Pump the brakes, Williams was arguably the worst free agent pickup ever.

Lane hasn't been his usual consistent nickel corner for sure, but he's had some good games..........and Simon isn't anywhere near the dependable DB that Lane is, that's why he's now been cut twice.

Remember SB 49 when Lane went down and Brady abused Simon like a red headed stepchild?

I'll pump the brakes when Lane starts playing worth his contract. Thus far he hasn't. Much like Kearse is doing on offense.

Simon was also a rookie at that time and put in a rough position in SB49. Pro Bowl corners get abused by Brady so that's not a good measuring stick. So he's been cut by two teams, so had CM last year and they brought him back. Maybe Simon has learned a thing or two in his stop with the Cards.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":k81wkc1p said:
I'll pump the brakes when Lane starts playing worth his contract. Thus far he hasn't. Much like Kearse is doing on offense.

Simon was also a rookie at that time and put in a rough position in SB49. Pro Bowl corners get abused by Brady so that's not a good measuring stick. So he's been cut by two teams, so had CM last year and they brought him back. Maybe Simon has learned a thing or two in his stop with the Cards.

Lane only makes 3M, and Simon was a rookie in 2013, not 2014.

Simon actually stayed healthy with the Cards, so that's literally the only positive to his short tenure with them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":iqviazns said:
hawkfan68":iqviazns said:

Lane only makes 3M, and Simon was a rookie in 2013, not 2014.

Simon actually stayed healthy with the Cards, so that's literally the only positive to his short tenure with them.

Lane is overpaid per his recent play. Sheesh, how he is playing he doesn't deserve $500k. Now I hope he starts playing better. Lane has been healthy this season which he hasn't been the past couple of season. He hasn't had a full season of play for a while so he may have hit a wall.
http://www.nfl.com/player/jeremylane/2534834/careerstats

In either case he's looking more line Kelly Jennings rather than himself lately.

You're correct, Simon was a rookie in 2013 but missed most of that season to injury that's why I thought he was a rookie in 2014. My mistake on that.