Undefeated at home

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This is actually something I didn't really notice during the season but with only one home game left (next week against the Cards) we're the only team left who hasn't lost a home game this season. Getting that bye and guaranteed HFA against anyone but the #1 seed might actually be even more important than we expected, especially considering that our road record is pretty bad at only 2-4-1.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Road record isn't that great, but keep in mind if you can go 8-0 at home (which used to be a foregone conclusion for us) and .500 on the road, you're a 12 win team.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
And now you jinxed it. :sarcasm_off:

I hate hearing these type of things before a game though. Sometimes I think the best definition of the word never is that thing that happens next.

Roger's hasn't thrown an INT all year. Next game we pick him off.

Seahawks are undefeated in wolf grey. GB stomped us. Now the wolf grey owns the worst loss in the Wilson Era.

Uhg I hope I'm wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Johnson is a really solid back. And I like the fact that you NEVER see him talking junk. He just plays ball. Probably the influence of Fitz. I hate that I like a couple players on the Cards :mrgreen:

McGruff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3q8amd4u said:
Johnson is a really solid back. And I like the fact that you NEVER see him talking junk. He just plays ball. Probably the influence of Fitz. I hate that I like a couple players on the Cards :mrgreen:

Between Fitz, Johnson and the Honey Badger, there is a lot of likable players on that team now.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks46":2dkxd1xk said:
Road record isn't that great, but keep in mind if you can go 8-0 at home (which used to be a foregone conclusion for us) and .500 on the road, you're a 12 win team.

This should at the very least, be the goal every season.

Largent80

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":35amsmcc said:
Largent80":35amsmcc said:
Hawks46":35amsmcc said:

This should at the very least, be the goal every season.

Completely arbitrary though. Win your division should be the goal, the very least. Getting a high as possible seed, secondary.

If you go 8-0 at home then you have at least one win over every division opponent. Winning at least 2 road games against division foes should be good enough to win the division if you do that. We don't have the Patriots in our division.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is why home field advantage is so important. I think the past three years, whoever has been the #1 seed has gone to the Super Bowl in both the NFC and AFC. Good thing the SB runs through a neutral field this year in the NFC. :lol:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":h2p5gz9k said:
SoulfishHawk":h2p5gz9k said:

Between Fitz, Johnson and the Honey Badger, there is a lot of likable players on that team now.

Besides that, as AZ are eliminated from playoff contention this season this game will be their Super Bowl. it should be a great game. It really is a must win for Seattle as far as the 2 seed race.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Nothing about Jinxes.
Just dont see us winning this week
too many distractions with sherman and bennnett.
Dont play this team well at home anyway. thats most important factor.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawksny":1uxnw6mp said:
Nothing about Jinxes.
Just dont see us winning this week
too many distractions with sherman and bennnett.
Dont play this team well at home anyway. thats most important factor.
I disagree, especially with the distraction part.
The Sherm thing was a tiny molehill made out to be a mountain, IMHO.
I so do not care if a sportswriters feelings were hurt.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5w930wx2 said:

Not trying to derail this thread, but David Johnson is probably the Cardinals only bright spot this year. He should really be considered for MVP of the league. He has better stats behind a mediocre line, compared to Elliiot behind the number one line in the NFL. As you said without all of the antics after plays.

I'm hoping the Hawks don't take him lightly to keep the home win streak alive. He is Palmer's safety valve when the line breaks down.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Largent80":3esa4ja7 said:
If you go 8-0 at home then you have at least one win over every division opponent. Winning at least 2 road games against division foes should be good enough to win the division if you do that. We don't have the Patriots in our division.

10-6 consistently is enough to win your division more times than not, especially if two road game wins are against division rivals. And that's enough to get you into the top playoff seeds, and enough to give you a running shot at the Super Bowl. Not a bad way to do things.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":25vdrrb5 said:
This is why home field advantage is so important. I think the past three years, whoever has been the #1 seed has gone to the Super Bowl in both the NFC and AFC. Good thing the SB runs through a neutral field this year in the NFC. :lol:

So weird because it seemed like for a while (a decade ago?) the team with HFA didn't actually make it to the Super Bowl that often.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":3g3asw3m said:
SoulfishHawk":3g3asw3m said:

Not trying to derail this thread, but David Johnson is probably the Cardinals only bright spot this year. He should really be considered for MVP of the league. He has better stats behind a mediocre line, compared to Elliiot behind the number one line in the NFL. As you said without all of the antics after plays.

I'm hoping the Hawks don't take him lightly to keep the home win streak alive. He is Palmer's safety valve when the line breaks down.

I would tag on this that a lot of their players are probably just like in Philly, setting up their resume for next year. Some will play their butts off to stay on a team...some will be let go as they have underperformed. That is why our team needs to take it to the limit....one more time....