This will be brought up as PC is debated for the hall

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The egos and personalities he's managed to corral into and build into a consistent championship contender is just crazy.

Sherman being the most recent example. Obviously everyone remembers Lynch and his "quirks" Mike Bennett and his ever chasing of that dollar. ADB being angry. Percy Harvin literally fighting people.... the ah hem issues of Tate and RW. Chancellor holding out. ET going full crazy and saying he's quitting. Man its exhausting just typing and watching from afar imagine molding and being in charge of it all. Historically dominant D,with historically inept Oline not falling apart and tearing each other down. 1 yard line heart break. etc.

how easy it could all fall apart.

cymatica

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3w3jnccp said:
The egos and personalities he's managed to corral into and build into a consistent championship contender is just crazy.

Sherman being the most recent example. Obviously everyone remembers Lynch and his "quirks" Mike Bennett and his ever chasing of that dollar. ADB being angry. Percy Harvin literally fighting people.... the ah hem issues of Tate and RW. Chancellor holding out. ET going full crazy and saying he's quitting. Man its exhausting just typing and watching from afar imagine molding and being in charge of it all. Historically dominant D,with historically inept O not falling apart and tearing each other down. 1 yard line heart break. etc.

You could argue his style of coaching amplified some of the personalities. He encourages it. I think anyone would argue the Percy situation was never a good idea, we could still have Tate if not for that.

Btw, were thoses Tate/Wilson rumors even true or just speculative?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
cymatica":3eiqid62 said:
gowazzu02":3eiqid62 said:

Sherman being the most recent example. Obviously everyone remembers Lynch and his "quirks" Mike Bennett and his ever chasing of that dollar. ADB being angry. Percy Harvin literally fighting people.... the ah hem issues of Tate and RW. Chancellor holding out. ET going full crazy and saying he's quitting. Man its exhausting just typing and watching from afar imagine molding and being in charge of it all. Historically dominant D,with historically inept O not falling apart and tearing each other down. 1 yard line heart break. etc.

You could argue his style of coaching amplified some of the personalities. He encourages it. I think anyone would argue the Percy situation was never a good idea, we could still have Tate if not for that.

Tate was gone as we do not use his role enough for the money he was going to get.They knew RW was going to take a huge chunk of cap and they are never going to not keep a great D as long PC is coach.

Seymour

Reaction score
cymatica":37cpt8nk said:
gowazzu02":37cpt8nk said:

How many scenarios can you come up with to cause a sudden / abrupt divorce that was actually confirmed through a VMAC press conference? Russell actually came out and asked people to "leave his friend alone", but would never deny the allegations about Tate. A bit telling IMO. That said, no certain confirmation that I heard.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
cymatica":16n3w60s said:
gowazzu02":16n3w60s said:

Good call on his coaching style.... that style probably also allows him to get the most out of these under valued "chip on a shoulder" guys we have. A bunch of Alpha's Alphas if you will.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If Pete wins another Super Bowl I'd think he'd be a lock. Just one guy's opinion though. 8)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15v3xmhf said:
If Pete wins another Super Bowl I'd think he'd be a lock. Just one guy's opinion though. 8)

Must.... resist...... making this...... another....... Bevell thread

irocdave

Reaction score
The flip side of this topic would be that Pete is dealing with the downside of the personality types he seeks out. Those young, hungry, chip on the shoulder guys are taunted by the silver spooner's who have been caudled their entire life and are making big money on their first contract. The misfit toys turned themselves in to elite players and are now making elite player money, but they don't know how to accept everything that comes along with being an elite player in the NFL. I don't have an issue with that as long as they keep winning, but fans should understand for every + their is a - for almost all things in life.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bitter":2evcr4da said:
Sports Hernia":2evcr4da said:

Must.... resist...... making this...... another....... Bevell thread
Not my intention at all. Going to 3 and winning 2 would get him in IMHO, especially winning the 2nd one this year. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
irocdave":2uu0upu8 said:
The flip side of this topic would be that Pete is dealing with the downside of the personality types he seeks out. Those young, hungry, chip on the shoulder guys are taunted by the silver spooner's who have been caudled their entire life and are making big money on their first contract. The misfit toys turned themselves in to elite players and are now making elite player money, but they don't know how to accept everything that comes along with being an elite player in the NFL. I don't have an issue with that as long as they keep winning, but fans should understand for every + their is a - for almost all things in life.

As they say winning is natures best deodorant.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think the only thing that matters is results. I don't think all the personalities he's managing will sway voters at all. The two biggest things that will be considered are whether or not he wins another Super Bowl and the unprecedented run of having the #1 scoring defense.