Convinced now it's Bevell?

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Sherman is going to have a field day [hopefully] with that 4th and inches play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We did what Sherman wanted. He should shut his mouth now.

Polk738

Reaction score
We can't run against that front with this OL it explains the 4 or 5 straight passes to open up the game

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Nothing was working. And I doubt his play calls involve letting defensive linemen to rush into the backfield immediately untouched.

tom95

Reaction score
fenderbender123":10srm80z said:
Nothing was working. And I doubt his play calls involve letting defensive linemen to rush into the backfield immediately untouched.

Let's blame Bevel for not addressing the O line in the draft or free agency too. I don't care who the O C is when you don't have a line. We hve had to depend on the defense to carry us too often. Yes win in the 4th quarter is our mantra but, it would be nice to have a lead going into the 4th. You can't realistically expect to win with a porous line.

nwHawk

Reaction score
BS. A good QB and smart offensive coordinator can make almost any line functional. Our line is bad, well terrible, but when we don't mix in real screens and short routes, every opposing defense get a chance to tee off - and they have been all season. Yet, still no adjustments in play calling.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
nwHawk":2cydi1h3 said:
BS. A good QB and smart offensive coordinator can make almost any line functional. Our line is bad, well terrible, but when we don't mix in real screens and short routes, every opposing defense get a chance to tee off - and they have been all season. Yet, still no adjustments in play calling.

exactly, I'll allow Bevell probably gets more flack than he should but there are some that don't seem to give him any flack. The line is bad but you got to figure out something that'll work and it just seems we continue to butt our heads trying the same screens and routes that don't lead to success and that we don't run well. At some point we need a change just to see what a innovative offensive mind can do.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
nwHawk":cqyz36vs said:

BS? We have the LOWEST paid line in the league. The LOWEST. There are exceptions to every rule and our line is exceptionally bad. No other team would field this line. Not a one

razor150

Reaction score
tom95":gv0spgnz said:
fenderbender123":gv0spgnz said:

Let's blame Bevel for not addressing the O line in the draft or free agency too. I don't care who the O C is when you don't have a line. We hve had to depend on the defense to carry us too often. Yes win in the 4th quarter is our mantra but, it would be nice to have a lead going into the 4th. You can't realistically expect to win with a porous line.

We have invested quite a bit of draft capital on the offensive line, a big problem is Cable. He isn't developing the players he wants.

That said, Bevel does not change his play calling even though he knows his offensive line can not block long enough for the calls he makes. He doesn't adjust to reality at all.

irfuben32

Reaction score
If were going to invest in Jimmy Graham instead of the offensive line then use Graham on the goal line.

What drove me INSANE was the bunch formation to the short side of the field with Graham on the end of the line blocking. It almost broke my brain. Split Graham out wide he will be one on one or he will take 2 people out of the play.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
How in the hell we score 2 touchdowns in 3 minutes but cannot do this in the first half?I'm so pissed ..Glad it wasn't on in my area because I might have busted the tv set..This loss is on a lot of people who jacked off the 2 seed.

chet380

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3n8w83m3 said:
nwHawk":3n8w83m3 said:

BS? We have the LOWEST paid line in the league. The LOWEST. There are exceptions to every rule and our line is exceptionally bad. No other team would field this line. Not a one
Hawks spent $6 M on the OL -- the league average is $22 M -- the closest to the Hawks is $13 M. (as per the broadcast).

Ya gets what ya paid for.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bevell ins't the biggest problem and I'm a critic of his. It's obviously the offensive line. But, I still have no idea how we have to adjust to a quicker passing game midway through the 2nd quarter. Why do we always play like we are surprised our line is going to get killed?

Sioux what did you think of that play action at the 1? I absolutely hated that call. We couldn't protect without play action. Why Bevell thought we could hold up long enough to sell that is beyond dumb. Just curious what you thought on that call.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sherman should have focused on not being a part of giving up 34 points at home the week after running his mouth

cymatica

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":mxd5j02b said:
Sherman should have focused on not being a part of giving up 34 points at home the week after running his mouth

To be fair, Shead and Lane did more than their fair share

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3qgzw09m said:
We did what Sherman wanted. He should shut his mouth now.
I think he needs to keep speaking up.
If players are held accountable for their mistakes shouldn't the coaches be held accountable for theirs too???
I would like to see the "always compete" mantra applied to the coaching staff as well.

hawk45

Reaction score
Watching the offense explode in the second half after the OL began to run and pass block a little didn't exactly convince me our woes lie with bevell. There was one series where I thought he went away from the run a bit early, and I'd like Graham split wide more with a different TE kept inline like Lynch pointed out, but the production of point s in the second half makes these lesser factors compared to the line.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The offense should consider changing the tempo and running hurry up / 2 minute drill offense at random during games. The offense seems to march right down the field during 2 minute drills, but consistently go 3 and out with the traditional ground and pound pace