Poll: Biggest problem with Offense

Biggest problem with Offense

• OC Bevell's play selections.

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • Russell Wilson's confidence is broken.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • RW is actually more injured than we know.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Offensive line talent is terrible.

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Cable isn't coaching up to even his own standards.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pete Carrol is coaching to tight - too worried about turnovers.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Receivers beyond Lockett and Baldwin suck!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
As I watch the Seahawks this year I can't help but feel there are several problems affecting our offense. Now let's see your opinion, what's the problem? Pick your top two.

I think we're seeing a perfect storm of funk. O-line is pathetic - what more can you say. Russell might be a big reason why Kearse has so many OPI. He's been late on throws all season, and today seemed to illustrate the point again today.

WRs are ho-hum outside Baldwin and Lockett. And now Lockett is done for the year.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
O-line for sure. This is turning out to be a depressing year

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Offensive line is horrendous. The worst I have ever seen. I will say that this was the magic of Marshawn in his prime. Even if the o-line was garbage - he would get yards. He was such a weapon.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Really think Pete might be open to letting Bevell go at the end of tbe season. We really have strayed away from old Trojan football. Running the ball, using tight ends and moving the pocket on throws. If I'm a D Cordinator, I'd blitz tbe hell out of Seattle.

Feels like we're closer to Jeremy Bates than Pete Ball.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
What happened to Glow? Is be thinking too much? Looking to be regressing.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I think Wilson is more injured than we know but I don't think that's the reason. He's a warrior

razor150

Reaction score
Cable and Bevel are the problems. Cable gets the talent he wants, we have invested quite a bit in o-line in the draft, and he isn't getting the job done. None of the guys he has coached have been worth giving a 2nd contract to. The only argument to have resigned Okung, Carpenter and Sweezy is to point at how bad this oline is.

Bevel is bad because he can't even figure out how to use Graham. Graham has had a decent year, but with a better coordinator he might have had a career yet. Instead when we need offensive production he's blocking instead of Willson or Vannet.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
1-oline talent lacking
2-oc play calling horrible.
3-cable not effective as OL coach or talent eval.

Everything else is a symptom of these three. Correct these, the other issues resolve themselves.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Whoever it is at the top, whether it's John, Pete, whoever, who has been too effing stupid to realize what we've been saying for years: that this organization is absolute garbage when it comes to putting together an offensive line and changes should have been made YEARS AGO.

Failures.

chris98251

Reaction score
You left off use personnel, we don't use our weapons to their strengths much of the time.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
ITS CABLE. He can't coach pass blocking worth crap, but historically his lines have at least been proficient run blockers. This line can't run block to save it's damn life. Cable has to go. He can't evaluate talent and can no longer coach guys up even at run blocking. There is no legitimate argument for him to keep his job

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1hdcwh98 said:
You left off use personnel, we don't use our weapons to their strengths much of the time.

Bingo, I agree.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":304f7lst said:

That's a Bevell selection.

Personnel = coaching