Clock management.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
First and goal of course the TD is great but a run and three throws would give AZ very little time instead they got a minute and that was enough missed PAT or not.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The fact that the defense couldn't shut it down is absolutely pathetic. Stop.

cymatica

Reaction score
With our goal line offense i wouldn't risk that. All the salary cap is on the defense, they need to step up. They have been giving up big plays all season

makkapakka

Reaction score
So what you are suggesting is it's not enough for the offense to score twice in the last minutes of the game. They should have scored twice while also running the clock out. Hypothetically speaking, if the offense had a free runner heading to the end zone with 1:00 left, you would prefer they kneel down before scoring too soon. This after watching the 7 plays from the 1 in the first half.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Did you completely miss the time they were 1st and goal at the one earlier in the game? A TD wasn't a given.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Don't risk the TD. NE tried to do that earlier this year and it cost them. Remember that? Who were they playing???

OP
OP
SuperFreak

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Didn't say not to score but a pass that isn't complete will stop the clock. You have to take the points but I believe the first down pass is wrong from a clock management perspective. Of course we miss the PAT so scoring with a few seconds left gets you to OT most likely had a first down run not ended in a TD.

Ideally you don't leave the Cards that much time, the D looked bad most of the day and was bad enough to lose the game in the final minute.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Okay. We strugglef to score all game long and you think we can run a little clock off then suddenly score at will?
Need I remind you we have Bevell doing math using all ten fingers as he calls in plays. That already takes time off the play clock.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
cymatica":kvhohblp said:
With our goal line offense i wouldn't risk that. All the salary cap is on the defense, they need to step up. They have been giving up big plays all season

I agree with this the Hawks were not in a position to waste downs. Your defense has to stop them period.

Hindsight is 20/20 OP