Wasted season thanks to injury and a shoddy OL

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Russell and Doug were superhuman in the 2nd half today and it wasn't enough. Pains me to say this but we're a one and done team now thanks to the onslaught of injuries.

Going to be one long offseason this year thinking of what could have been if we didn't punt both games against Arizona and the Saints and Rams games.

Crizilla

Reaction score
offense is way too inconsistent. Even at home in the wild card round its a toss up.

hawk45

Reaction score
The OL can't take a half to resemble an NFL line but the twist ending was the defense costing us this game. O eventually got it together and put up more than enough to win at home.

Joygazm

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3q2m1b5r said:
Russell and Doug were superhuman in the 2nd half today and it wasn't enough. Pains me to say this but we're a one and done team now thanks to the onslaught of injuries.

Going to be one long offseason this year thinking of what could have been if we didn't punt both games against Arizona and the Saints and Rams games.

Still have a shot at the second seed on the last day of the season.... if this is a wasted season please sign me up yearly.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is a lot of negativity here, but as to the original post, injuries happen, and the OLine was somewhat of a deliberate choice.

It's the OLine that is really holding this team back from being a force.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Joygazm":1jd7ehrc said:
Still have a shot at the second seed on the last day of the season.... if this is a wasted season please sign me up yearly.

About the same probability when this statement was uttered...... "So, you're saying that I still have a chance?"

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
LOL can we at least wait and see how the Hawks do in the playoffs before calling this a lost season?

evergreen

Reaction score
It's easy to blame the offensive OL. They have been bad against the elite D lines we've faced. But I think the biggest difference this season is our horrible kicking game. That may be because of the Line or long snapper at least also. But Kicking field goals or not kicking them has cost us three wins. That would dramatically change our situation and we'd all feel very good about our fate. That's enough for 12 wins. And I'm not even talking about blocked punts! And I'm not wanting long field goals. I'm just talking about making the ones we used to always be able to make. We've seen more botched kicks this year than in all of Pete's time here it seems... I would say I've seen more OPI this year then in my whole life I think...

Joygazm

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3czmalib said:
Joygazm":3czmalib said:

About the same probability when this statement was uttered...... "So, you're saying that I still have a chance?"

So are you saying they are not a playoff team still in the hunt for the second seed?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Season ain't over yet. Wilson is going to work some magic to finish this improbable year.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Joygazm":1ldqlqgo said:
Bigpumpkin":1ldqlqgo said:
Joygazm":1ldqlqgo said:

So are you saying they are not a playoff team still in the hunt for the second seed?

I simply added the element of probability. The probability of the Hawks obtaining the #2 seed dropped dramatically when they lost last Saturday. If they play like they did in the first half.....I'd say that their chances of advancing in the Playoffs are "slim to none".

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3ibmvdjc said:
Screw you peoples. We're doing this! I have a new 12 flag which will propel us to the Superb Owl. And the victory.
You also have something that lost us a receiver. ;)

Seafan

Reaction score
Can't control the injuries but it's not a wasted season until it's over. If your expectations are a SB championship then practically every season is wasted for 31 teams. Winning the division is a positive.

I think Bevell should have done a better job.

JS/PC had a major failure this year in regards to the OL. Gilliam/Sowell/Webb was a total failure. Hopefully lesson learned.

The one obvious positive is the experience and development of a lot of young players.

With the NFC being so unpredictable and inconsistent I don't see why the team doesn't look at the NFCC as a real possibility. I'm sure they do. There are 10 NFC teams and millions of fans who wish they were in the Hawk's position.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
"shoddy play". Hell they ain't good enough to even be considered "shoddy"

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

M.M.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Between the horrendously inconsistent OL Pass pro, their consistenly terrible run blocking, and the fact that teams finally realize they can slice us up without Earl, I'm not incredibly optimistic. One and done also my best guess.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Joygazm

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":s1c3oigy said:
I simply added the element of probability. The probability of the Hawks obtaining the #2 seed dropped dramatically when they lost last Saturday. If they play like they did in the first half.....I'd say that their chances of advancing in the Playoffs are "slim to none".

Okay so they are a playoff team, they can still get the second seed. I am not asking you to bet on the outcome. I have no idea why their "chances"( I am assuming this is percentage based) of getting it matter? They have a shot at the #2 seed in the NFC, how many other teams are that terrible to still have a shot at it on week 17?

"If they play like they did in the first half.....I'd say that their chances of advancing in the Playoffs are "slim to none".

Okay but what if they played like they did in the second half?

I would take those terrible "Chances" every year, and I stand by it.

warden

Reaction score
Too many here just do not understand how hard it is to maintain playing at a high level year after year. The Seahawks have done a phenomenal job at keeping this thing going. Yeah there are some short comings maintaining strength at all position but we kept the nucleus together. Prior to 2012,the Seahawks have had only five double digit winning season and never back to back double digit winning seasons, in their entire history. With a win against The 49ers we will have done it five years in a row. In Pete Carroll's time here we have made the playoffs 6 out of 7 years and have never been one and done. There is some seriously good stuff happening with the Seahawks right now. We should be very happy

bandiger

Reaction score
evergreen":3au8q9dp said:
It's easy to blame the offensive OL. They have been bad against the elite D lines we've faced. But I think the biggest difference this season is our horrible kicking game. That may be because of the Line or long snapper at least also. But Kicking field goals or not kicking them has cost us three wins. That would dramatically change our situation and we'd all feel very good about our fate. That's enough for 12 wins. And I'm not even talking about blocked punts! And I'm not wanting long field goals. I'm just talking about making the ones we used to always be able to make. We've seen more botched kicks this year than in all of Pete's time here it seems... I would say I've seen more OPI this year then in my whole life I think...

They "cheaped out" on LS, how much did they save to lose those 3 games. I feared the worst when they cut Grisham for some rookie UDFA who didn't look impressive during preseason.

Latest posts