This team, organization is broken

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I said it a few weeks ago, and I will say it again. Something is very, very wrong with this team.

We are giving away quarters/halves of football. We have massive breakdowns in critical moments. We can no longer finish games. This team is the antithesis of a classic Carroll team.

I have no basis or inside info in what I'm about to say, other than just my own observations of this team; but I wouldn't be shocked to hear about serious internal dysfunction with this team/organization. Something is broken and it's not just the OL.

I think there needs to be some massive changes this offseason (i.e. fire cable, revamp how we scout/evaluate the OL, etc). It's not working. We are lucky to have won 9 games this year. The inconsistency is one of the worst I have ever seen in professional sports. We have now gone from game to game massive-fluctuations to halves of football.

I'll be shocked if we win a playoff game, and ultimately, it might be the most necessary thing for this organization to recognize there are serious issues.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Literally broken yes. Crap o-line, injuries, etc. Still division champs and at least we beat NE. No idea what will happen in the playoffs

RussB

Reaction score
Really inconsistent team. And it doesnt look like they are catching fire towards the end of the season, it looks like they are actually regressing , injuries are also hurting them.

Players and coaches also seem like they dont see eye to eye either. Maybe sherman yelling at bevell and pete is something that happens all the time and we only saw it once on TV. It could be happening in the locker room and at camp daily. Team isnt the same as they used to be.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We have a garbage O-line and we can only move the ball against Ds that play soft up front. The defense is missing Earl and can't get pass rushes down the stretch. And now we've lost one of our best playmakers. We are broken and will be lucky to get past the division round.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
With this loss and now a once bright playoff picture turning into a one and done playoff weekend. After that the off season should be time to clean house. Bevall and Cable have to go, better scouts need to be hired to find the right O line men in 2017 draft and time to trade big salary players like Ryan and Hauaska; Kearse and Graham so we can sign semi talented O linemen. I do not think we can afford to resign Bennett for a longer deal, either.

The sadly disappointing 2016 season has moved Pete Carroll a few steps closer to retirement or being fired in 2017 or 2018.

Is the Super Bowl 49 hangover still haunting the team? YES

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":sb5swbp9 said:
Worst team in Pete Carroll era.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

RussB

Reaction score
Crizilla":2ebr7x1g said:
Literally broken yes. Crap o-line, injuries, etc. Still division champs and at least we beat NE. No idea what will happen in the playoffs
They still had earl when they beat NE. NE would have blow them out today.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Geez really? Nothing is broken, except several players bones. This team paid big money to fund the Defense, which yet again failed when put to the test. The Offensive line is offensive as we can all see, but we are only paying them half of what the next lowest team in the league does.

Changes do need to happen in the off season, and they can start by figuring out how to get the D back to being dominant again. Also we need to draft the best RT available.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks are not SB contenders. They look like they'll be one and done this season. Which would be a regress from last season. They are playing their worst football when other teams are playing their best football (GB and Atlanta).

IrishNW

Reaction score
I agree, something is wrong internally. Obviously this season is not over and anything can happen, but I don't expect a super bowl run from this team. I think this team needs a fresh start. I don't think we have to completely rebuild the roster but some changes need to be made and we need to move on from some players and coaches. The biggest change I want to see is the offensive coordinator job, maybe Bevells not the problem or maybe he is. Either way I want something different. We need a fresh mind that can use the weapons we have here.

MrThortan

Reaction score
O-line, Replace Bevell. This team has more problems than these, but really with a good O-line and a competent OC, I think the team is solid, though not 2013 solid. I know, I know... Bevell this, Bevell that... but if the squandering of a player like Graham isn't enough to get a team to fire their OC, I don't know what is.

Lots of young pieces on this team, mixed with some aging ones. Each year has its own story. I do think that the team is reaching a breaking point, but is not yet broken. Depends on Pete and the changes he will make this off-season.

onepicknick

Reaction score
I haven't watched the game yet but I've watched some other games more closely thinking why don't we put in more OL when we run the ball guest what we do, if we have six the other teams are playing five. It is seriously the Line this line couldn't play in college let alone the professional level. These guy's get beat let player's go right by and act like they didn't see them I would cut everyone of them. I will watch this game with a a lot of slow motion too

makkapakka

Reaction score
Yet somehow this team went in to foxboro and won in a convincing fashion.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
I feel like there's an internal division among the ranks.

Dont think RW is the leader we all thought he could be. Only because it takes a certain type of person to get through to some of the wolves on this team.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't say broken, just a little winded.
And I'm also of firm belief that we win in San Fran next Sunday to get to 10 wins on the year. That may prop us back into the No. 2 seed. It may.
Then we rejuvenate for the playoffs and come out hungry. The talent on this team is still deep. Chalk me up for someone who still believes. Can someone take down the names off all the Exasperated Edgars on here so that we can rub it in their faithless faces when we make the NFL Championship Game.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":odpjpinw said:
And I'm also of firm belief that we win in San Fran next Sunday to get to 10 wins on the year. That may prop us back into the No. 2 seed. It may.
Then we rejuvenate for the playoffs and come out hungry. The talent on this team is still deep. Chalk me up for someone who still believes. Can someone take down the names off all the Exasperated Edgars on here so that we can rub it in their faithless faces when we make the NFL Championship Game.

As in.....the Superbowl? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really think we're making the Super Bowl?

Foghawk

Reaction score
RussB":2xto691l said:
Crizilla":2xto691l said:
They still had earl when they beat NE. NE would have blow them out today.

They also had Prosise, who creates match-up problems as a receiver out of the backfield.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2020i5yz said:
Siouxhawk":2020i5yz said:

As in.....the Superbowl? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really think we're making the Super Bowl?
I haven't sold out hope yet, if that's what you're asking. I see the Hawks being as talented as any team in the league with one of the better defenses in the league. We just need that offensive line to finally capture that "Ah Ha" moment to string together 3 or 4 wins in the playoffs. It's there for the taking.