Could say some of us were right about this team, but ...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
No need. I see even some of those detractors from previous weeks are now having to admit there are serious issues with our Hawks that are becoming increasingly apparent as the playoffs near.

Yes, injuries have played a part, but remove that component and take an honest look at play calling, time management, interpersonal clues, etc., and all that was there before but that so many chose to deny out of blind faith/ignorance are being proven wrong.

The Seahawks are a team not quite in full on crisis, but on their way to there.

There will be changes coming this off-season IMO - a chaotic and tumultuous affair, but ultimately, a necessary one.

And just as I hope for the best for these playoffs, I know that this team's best will most likely not be enough.

We've had it good for a long time here in Seattle. Love this team, but an era is passing. Only a fool would deny that.

And yes, I'll say it again. We are witnessing the beginning of the end of the Pete Carroll Seahawks. There will likely be one more season, and then Pete will move on under his own power/terms.

He's been a fantastic coach and figure for the PNW, but all things must come to and end.

All that said, what a great/entertaining game. Horrible first half, but our Hawks gutted it out during that second half and we came close. And yet, in the end, the better team today won this game.

GO HAWKS!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yeah Shampoo,I bet you had that post ready in case we lost otherwise you don't show up..I hope your era on the bandwagon is ending too

cymatica

Reaction score
I agreed with your post until you mentioned the end of the Pete Caroll era. That's just silly. They hit a bump in the road and need to re-evaluate some players and coaches, but Pete and John will figure it out.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2djoc9l2 said:
Yeah Shampoo,I bet you had that post ready in case we lost otherwise you don't show up..I hope your era on the bandwagon is ending too

Bandwagon? I was sitting in the Kingdome with my old man and the familiy's season tix!

Hawks 2016 has been a confounding endeavor and ultimately, has proven there are some serious issues to be addressed should we remain a viable playoff threat in future seasons.

Players like RW and others have managed to keep us competitive via sheer determination, but we are no longer feared/dominant as we once were.

Call it a revision phase, not a full-on rebuilding one. Perhaps some different faces on the coaching staff, a few decent draft picks, and sign some still capable veterans and we could be good to go.

Or not.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Don't hurt yourself trying to pat yourself on the back too hard. Most level headed people with eyes know the team has issues, but some like to go to either extremes and will always receive criticism for either end. Prognosticating 2 years into the future with zero inside knowledge does not really hold any value unless you have a track record of being a prophet. Looking forward to the next few days of spam posting.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
cymatica":1d4vu62n said:
I agreed with your post until you mentioned the end of the Pete Caroll era. That's just silly. They hit a bump in the road and need to re-evaluate some players and coaches, but Pete and John will figure it out.

Would love to be wrong on that, but even Pete's tone has been different this season. I made note of it way back during Training Camp. More high energy than most, but by Pete's previous standards, there was some going through the motions quality to him as well.

I see Pete staying one more season and then parting ways with the Hawks unless something changes.

He's not a "win most my games but not the big ones", kind of coach. He don't need the money, and if there's even a gentle nudge for him to consider the door, I think he does just that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2u1cb0oy said:
IndyHawk":2u1cb0oy said:

Bandwagon? I was sitting in the Kingdome with my old man and the familiy's season tix!

Hawks 2016 has been a confounding endeavor and ultimately, has proven there are some serious issues to be addressed should we remain a viable playoff threat in future seasons.

Players like RW and others have managed to keep us competitive via sheer determination, but we are no longer feared/dominant as we once were.

Call it a revision phase, not a full-on rebuilding one. Perhaps some different faces on the coaching staff, a few decent draft picks, and sign some still capable veterans and we could be good to go.

Or not.
Thats fine but that ending of PC era crap really doesn't go well with what you say.I can see changing the coaches ect and trading certain players that don't have it anymore or cutting them.I get all that but PC/JS are the right ones to do all that and probaly should have sooner,we do need a good draft no doubt.I will apologize for calling you bandwagon but that PC era ending after a loss seems like trolling otherwise your post has valid points that I can agree with.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Pete is going to quit or be fired, I do think he has hit a wall that was seen coming, in college he turned players over repeatedly, the message was always fresh, you didn't have the business side and the money.

We now have a team of solid vets, they are a team that has played more games a year for 5 years then almost any team in the league as a core, the Patriots have a lot of turn over for this reason I think. Letting the core go and replace them is Pete and Johns challenge.

RussB

Reaction score
Pete is still the coach of this team. But they do need to have major changes in the offseason. Starting with the o line and bevell. They need to have an offensive line overhaul and sign a free agent who is good, cutting someone on D is also necessary to free up cap space for the o line. They cannot go forward with this line any longer something needs to be done.

Either bennett, cliff, or kam need to go its just the truth as good as they all are. Cable also needs to be fired along with bevell.

sdog1981

Reaction score
RussB":3seav00n said:
Either bennett, cliff, or kam need to go its just the truth as good as they all are. Cable also needs to be fired along with bevell.

My fear is they fire Bevell and replace him with Cable. A new OC should come in and completely clean house on the offensive side of the ball.