I hope I'm dead wrong

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
But for the first time this year I don't feel confident in this team.

I have no faith in the offensive line to give the QB time to throw or make holes for the RB's. Worst in the league IMHO.

I have no faith in the OC to be competent at any level from scheme to play calling, and to use the weapons he has.
He is always trying to outsmart the other defense and only outsmarts himself. Worst in the league IMHO.

Special teams, sigh......... our once reliable kicker is now a head case thanks to a new crappy longsnapper, which was a huge mistake to save a few bucks. Went from one of the best units in league to one of the most unreliable.

Defense, the softzone crap drives me nuts. With Earl out you need to bring the house early and often.
Defensive backs that refuse to turn the head around and getting a pick, keep getting beat.

Injuries. They suck and have hindered this team, but they are a small part of the issues this team is having.

I always believe,that generally speaking, aggressive schemes and playcalling win more games then passive soft schemes and playcalls.

Both the Coords have really no balls IMHO, and both have horrible situational awareness.

I hope I this team and coaching staff prove me to be dead wrong and I'm just a Joe Nobody that doesn't know what he's talking about, and we win SB 51, but I fear I'm right.

I'd like most of the offensive coaches gone next year, and the defensive staff to be put on notice, they are next if things don't change.

Enough out of me, try to enjoy your x-mas eve all.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":yxgz4hou said:
But for the first time this year I don't feel confident in this team.

I have no faith in the offensive line to give the QB time to throw or make holes for the RB's. Worst in the league IMHO.

I have no faith in the OC to be competent at any level from scheme to play calling, and to use the weapons he has.
He is always trying to outsmart the other defense and only outsmarts himself. Worst in the league IMHO.

Special teams, sigh......... our once reliable kicker is now a head case thanks to a new crappy longsnapper, which was a huge mistake to save a few bucks. Went from one of the best units in league to one of the most unreliable.

Defense, the softzone crap drives me nuts. With Earl out you need to bring the house early and often.
Defensive backs that refuse to turn the head around and getting a pick, keep getting beat.

Injuries. They suck and have hindered this team, but they are a small part of the issues this team is having.

I always believe,that generally speaking, aggressive schemes and playcalling win more games then passive soft schemes and playcalls.

Both the Coords have really no balls IMHO, and both have horrible situational awareness.

I hope I this team and coaching staff prove me to be dead wrong and I'm just a Joe Nobody that doesn't know what he's talking about, and we win SB 51, but I fear I'm right.

I'd like most of the offensive coaches gone next year, and the defensive staff to be put on notice, they are next if things don't change.

Enough out of me, try to enjoy your x-mas eve all.

Agree with much of what you said.

I happened to realize this several weeks earlier...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I think today really shows were not going to get much consistency going into the playoffs.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":26ryucjs said:
I think today really shows were not going to get much consistency going into the playoffs.

"Consistently inconsistent"

That was my description of them weeks ago.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Not only do I have zero confidence, they're no longer entertaining either. They're not a good team.

strohmin

Reaction score
They showed their true colors during the Tampa Bay game

chet380

Reaction score
Steve2222":1k0rhca5 said:
Not only do I have zero confidence, they're no longer entertaining either. They're not a good team.
Down 13 with 2:50 to go and they score 2 TD's!! ... NOT ENTERTAINING??

flmmkrz

Reaction score
We used to have that "it" factor. I never felt like we couldn't win, until that last whistle blew I thought we're still pulling this out somehow...that feeling is more just hope but not real belief anymore. I don't trust the d to shut down games. I don't know when the offense is going to get on track if it does at all. Now we're just another team that if it all falls into place could be a threat but we could just as easily be blown out.

and I definitely agree that Richard has no balls, and I can't even comment on Bevells balls, im baffled by his brain

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1fpn03ma said:

Hate to say it, but agreed.

This has been the most joyless Seahawks season in a long time.

And they're not good. There's nothing they can hang their hat on. Offense, defense, special teams. No consistency anywhere.

It's feeling like a lost season. And you have to wonder if they'll ever get back to their very best with this group.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
chet380":z3cp1mq2 said:
Steve2222":z3cp1mq2 said:

I know! It certainly wasn't boring. They didn't roll over when they could have.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Great points all around. For most of the year I was thinking that last season was our down year and this season was going to be an improvement, ready for a SB run. We looked horrible sometimes but at other moments looked sensational with a good record and a division title.

Now I'm worried because I think we are still heading downward (I hope I'm wrong) and if we are, how far do we fall? Do we miss the playoffs altogether next season?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":sf5jjb65 said:
Steve2222":sf5jjb65 said:

Hate to say it, but agreed.

This has been the most joyless Seahawks season in a long time.

And they're not good. There's nothing they can hang their hat on. Offense, defense, special teams. No consistency anywhere.

It's feeling like a lost season. And you have to wonder if they'll ever get back to their very best with this group.

^ this covers this year exactly...on to the draft....and they better have a good one because the last couple have been brutal

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chet380":f6e0v5yn said:
Steve2222":f6e0v5yn said:

Definitely. And while this wasn't a playoff game, there was a lot at stake. Much of the game had almost the same feel as the 2012 Atlanta Falcons playoff game. Offense comes through, scores the points. Defense gives up a soft drive and a field goal to win it for the opposition.

djb28

Reaction score
Well. We should have won that game. A missed extra point doesnt make you a pretender. They played their asses off to get in the position to win that game.

hawk45

Reaction score
What's a bit demoralizing to me is that when the OL and offense finally step up, the defense lets down at precisely the wrong time. They just can't quite seem to pull the pieces together at the same time long enough to prevail.

I expect the offense to look better against teams without the heavy blitzing and DL weapons. But I agree that I no longer feel like we can count on that.

And the D going up against strong offenses is a new worry.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's everything.

You can't rely on the offense, defense or special teams.

They might step up to the plate. They might look really good.

But they equally might be absolutely astonishingly bad.

And that is a major departure from what we've come to expect from this team.

Hendo66

Reaction score
chet380":3up5mxo5 said:
Steve2222":3up5mxo5 said:

Not really. Tired of watching this team try to pull out just about every game with their last drive.

Rather see them handle their business and control games, at least once in a while.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Hendo66":i9v2t5jh said:
chet380":i9v2t5jh said:
Steve2222":i9v2t5jh said:

Not really. Tired of watching this team try to pull out just about every game with their last drive.

Rather see them handle their business and control games, at least once in a while.

yup give me a few more games that seem really boring cause we're so obnoxiously far ahead and I'll be entertained

semiahmoo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1c2fjic1 said:
It's everything.

You can't rely on the offense, defense or special teams.

They might step up to the plate. They might look really good.

But they equally might be absolutely astonishingly bad.

And that is a major departure from what we've come to expect from this team.

TRUTH.