Respect to RW

semiahmoo

Reaction score
O-Line was horrible, he still seems like he's playing hurt/slower, whatever, but the guy is a warrior and almost pulled the proverbial cat out of the bag today.

People might fault some of his reactions/holding the ball too long/physical limitations, etc., but there can be no faulting Russel Wilson's heart and dedication to doing everything he can to win.

Give the guy a decent O-Line/running game, and he could take a team to the promised land once again.

Just don't think it'll be this year...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I thought Russell played fantastic all things considered. It was a gutty performance and he was clutch when he needed to be.

strohmin

Reaction score
Hes been playing bad this whole year. Baldwin, Lockett and Graham just made incredible catches. He is still under throwing and overthrowing balls.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I fault him for holding on too long a couple times but that's gonna happen from time to time other than that very ballsy effort. In his face for much of the day and he stood there and took it and got up and kept on working. No qb id rather have truly.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
strohmin":3o1b68j3 said:
Hes been playing bad this whole year. Baldwin, Lockett and Graham just made incredible catches. He is still under throwing and overthrowing balls.

I do agree his throwing is "off" more than it should be. Why that is, only he knows.

Given the amount of hits he's taken, perhaps some form of ongoing PTSD in the pocket? I know I'd be crapping myself before every play standing behind that O-line.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
strohmin":3va0fukp said:

Give me a break. I see Tom Brady over throw receivers or see his receivers make spectacular catches for him. Russell is not on his elite A game but the nitpicking is ridiculous. He has done what most Qbs in this league couldn't and that's keep the team afloat under severe injury and keep us in games more often than not

Again, seriously, you all need to stop pretending as if the elite Qbs in this league never over throw, under throw, or miss seemingly easy throws. I've seen Aaron Rodgers do the same as well. And when Russell is hot, he's unstoppable. Hopefully he gets hot for the playoffs

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He needs help in the offseason. Build the team around protecting him.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1x3dtoeo said:

I hope he's not such a "nice guy" as to not demand this. Or have his agent stepping on the necessary testicles to make it happen. RW is not the same player this season, and this crappy O-line is a very big reason why.

strohmin

Reaction score
Scorpion05":18tswea4 said:
strohmin":18tswea4 said:

Give me a break. I see Tom Brady over throw receivers or see his receivers make spectacular catches for him. Russell is not on his elite A game but the nitpicking is ridiculous. He has done what most Qbs in this league couldn't and that's keep the team afloat under severe injury and keep us in games more often than not

Again, seriously, you all need to stop pretending as if the elite Qbs in this league never over throw, under throw, or miss seemingly easy throws. I've seen Aaron Rodgers do the same as well. And when Russell is hot, he's unstoppable. Hopefully he gets hot for the playoffs

Russell is being payed more than them, but has never had to produce as much as they have. He has 16 TDs and 11 Ints.

erik2690

Reaction score
^He has 20 TD's. Also just FYI he doesn't make more than Rodgers, at least based on Cap hit which is really all that would matter from a team perspective.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":39ahfxbu said:
Reaneypark":39ahfxbu said:

I hope he's not such a "nice guy" as to not demand this. Or have his agent stepping on the necessary testicles to make it happen. RW is not the same player this season, and this crappy O-line is a very big reason why.
He could help himself by doing what Brady has done for years..Take pay cuts to insure his OL is paid.He stays alive to play longer and collect more money in this way.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1w5e0lk8 said:
semiahmoo":1w5e0lk8 said:
Reaneypark":1w5e0lk8 said:

He could help himself by doing what Brady has done for years..Take pay cuts to insure his OL is paid.He stays alive to play longer and collect more money in this way.

He just paid them more then their worth with Big Screen TV's, I think one of two things have to change, we need consistency with who plays or we adapt the scheme to a more traditional blocking scheme that we have a getter selection of players to draft and or bring in or both.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
strohmin":23dad16e said:
Scorpion05":23dad16e said:
strohmin":23dad16e said:

Russell is being payed more than them, but has never had to produce as much as they have. He has 16 TDs and 11 Ints.

All of the aforementioned QBs have gotten their big payday. This was Russell's first big contract. Every star QB has gotten their first big contract without having to "sacrifice"

Also, you sound ridiculously ungrateful. The man played with a near broken leg and a tear in his chest. Believe what you want I guess

EDIT: Also, in Russell's first five years than most of those Qbs produced in their first five years while getting their big payday. FYI. Do we need to re-visit Russell's career numbers?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1htycfof said:
semiahmoo":1htycfof said:
Reaneypark":1htycfof said:

Brady has gotten his payday. He can afford to take cuts. Let's not rewrite history

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson and Baldwin are great the rest are garbage. Time for some serious changes this off season no more nibbling around the edges . We need better talent at WR the O-line and RB. We need a physical RB that can stay healthy i'm very skeptical at this point that Rawls is the answer.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Scorpion05":r30wuxe4 said:
strohmin":r30wuxe4 said:
Scorpion05":r30wuxe4 said:
strohmin":r30wuxe4 said:

All of the aforementioned QBs have gotten their big payday. This was Russell's first big contract. Every star QB has gotten their first big contract without having to "sacrifice"

Also, you sound ridiculously ungrateful. The man played with a near broken leg and a tear in his chest. Believe what you want I guess

EDIT: Also, in Russell's first five years than most of those Qbs produced in their first five years while getting their big payday. FYI. Do we need to re-visit Russell's career numbers?

Which means Russel needs to start acting like the franchise QB he is and demanding an offense that suits his needs/playing style. No way in hell this year's offense is doing that. At some point, if you want to be the leader of this team, you be the leader of this team, not the perpetual nice guy. Grab the front office by the balls and let them know you're not happy. Russel Wilson is the kind of guy who wants to win all the time, and be competing for a SB every season.

This year's team doesn't have that SB type of vibe.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2me7ea4d said:
strohmin":2me7ea4d said:
Scorpion05":2me7ea4d said:
strohmin":2me7ea4d said:

After today, Russ has more Passing TDs in his first 5 yrs than Brady had. I believe it is 126 to 123. Yes, he has struggled as does every QB as you mentioned above. Russ is elite, and people need to stop with the BS that he isn't. Put Tom Brady behind this line and see how long he lasts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ozzy

Reaction score
Find it odd people are killing Wilson after his performance last night. He had a great game and fought like hell the whole way. Strange.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
austinslater25":266e1ix4 said:
Find it odd people are killing Wilson after his performance last night. He had a great game and fought like hell the whole way. Strange.

I don't see people going after Wilson per say. He still seems slower than previous years, (lingering injury?) and his passing is not as sharp, but totally agree he plays his guts out every play, thus the title of the thread.

Smellyman

Reaction score
strohmin":57i4ept2 said:

Amen, passes should be perfect every time!